Dr. Arocha - No Propecia, 4569 FUT procedure, 5 month results

This 37- year-old gentleman came to Dr. Arocha to restore his hairline, frontal and mid-scalp region. His procedure consisted of 4569 FU's. The after photos depict early, 5 month results. This patient is NOT taking Propecia. We will keep you updated as he continues to come in for his follow-up visits.

Click HERE for the complete album.

3_Before.jpg

4_After.jpg

1_Before.jpg.338e173016a5b661e01b5e2b14ccc96d.jpg

2_After.jpg.3c9096478c4f6ef48291b72efaddfd45.jpg

11_Before.jpg.4541044534ddffb33bc4b4426d082bcf.jpg

12_After.jpg.294d7f681b1a3f5825a64ff580add769.jpg

13_Before.jpg.0e71f2400d33455cf8153a6f40953f95.jpg

14_After.jpg.651ce7d8b680440373a6c154bb2cebc0.jpg

15_After.jpg.d9e31d41ae7eb335b3669d6b2f922b87.jpg

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, this is a great result (especially considering he's not halfway through growing!) and it's nice to see some successful examples of patients not using propecia. At only 4,569 grafts this patient must have at least another 2,000 in reserve, and maybe considerably more, if he does see further loss, which I would imagine means he should at least be able to maintain his current look if he does see continued thinning.

Many people are either unsuitable, unable or unwilling to take propecia, so it's good to see that there is, in the right circumstances, still effective surgical options available for them. Even if this guy could have had improved results on propecia, it's quite clear that he's had very good results without it!

This result is so good it's almost freaky! I can't believe 4500 grafts covered the whole scalp that good.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks to you all for your kind thoughts!

NHP, I can't WAIT to see him when he comes back for his follow-ups! He took the Propecia for several weeks after his procedure, and decided he did not want to continue using it.

Hairthere, I'll ask doc when he returns to the office tomorrow.

ManinSpace- thanks! As you can imagine, the patient is pretty excited about it.

Mahhong- yes, I've been asked several times to provide a result of a patient who has not been using Propecia. So, I finally decided to deliver :)

RCWest- we are so happy for this patient!

~Kira

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Have you got any post op pics right after surgery Kira?

Great result.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hairthere,

In answer to your question, Dr. Arocha focused on the crown and the frontal third in this patient's restoration procedure. He did not work in the bridge area. I have included some high resolution photos of the post-placement. These photos were taken directly after his procedure.

NHP, I just checked with Dr. Arocha- the patient only took Propecia for two weeks, and decided it wasn't for him.

4_postop.jpg

2_postop.jpg

Like i always say the man has magic hands:) Pt must be well pleased with these results.

He looked to be thinning in his crown though, now he has full coverage:confused:

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

For 4569 grafts, this is insane coverage. It looks great. The fact he is not on meds is a major +. Just goes to show in some cases, you can get away with meds and still get great results. This is only 5 months and he has plenty more to grow. Already it looks outstanding.

Awesome work by Dr. Arocha. I can't wait to see how it will look in the months ahead.

Cant Decide and Sean,

Thank you for taking the time to view these results and comment. I have included some photos (below) of the patient with longer hair. These photos were taken during his initial consultation with Dr. Arocha, which was several months prior to his actual procedure.

You can view the complete album Here.

21_Before_longhair.jpg

22_Before_longhair.jpg

~Kira

This is a great result no matter what. However, with the preop pics shown with his hair grown out, it shows that he had a very good amount of native hair to start with. This is why I always like to see preop pics with hair grown out. Preop pics with a shaved head can make a patient look comepletely bald when in fact they are not to start with.

Again, great result nonetheless. Nice job doc!!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Kira, thanks for finding out and posting pics. Really nice, especially the crown work. He looks fully restored. Great job!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Cant Decide -

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment. I wasn't trying to give a false impression with the photos. The very first time the patient came in, he had his hair grown out. When he came in the morning of the procedure, he had his hair cut shorter. When I post the photos, I like to show the photos we take immediately before his procedure. In this specific case, he happened to have shorter hair. Dr. Arocha does not shave down any hair in order to allow the patient to fly under the radar as much as possible. He is able to work and create sites throughout the existing hair. Sorry it was confusing.

Thanks, hairthere and orlhair1! We appreciate it! :o

~Kira

Thats totally fine Kira. I knew that no deception was intended. You guys are doing some nice work in Texas!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ladies and gents for all your support and kind words. Let me clarify, we always recommend medical treatment to mitigate the chronic progressive nature of Androgenetic Alopecia in our MPB patients. However, remember that the threshold for the visible detection of thinning is 50% hair loss in the area. Our patient had a relatively stronger bridge, with more significant thinning in the frontal third and mid-scalp /crown areas. Hence the 4500+ FUT procedure was enough to restore his frontal and crown areas.

So in his case it has worked out great for him even without Propecia. Remember that he is only 5 months post op and he will improve much more in the front/ hair line and crown area at initially. However, with the passing of time, he will likely continue to thin his native hair, as it is genetically programmed. Eventually, he might need a small touch up if this occurs.