(Doctor Damkerng Pathomvanich) Transplanted scalp area growing slower than temples?

akuma

Hey Akuma, as someone preparing to lower my hairline, I'm def watching over this thread. I haven't got the time to research about the period it takes for transplanted hairs to grow yet - but there have been members who mentioned that transplanted hair takes 18months or more to be 100% grown out for some patients. Maybe good to read some scientific studies on this.

I know there are a lot of members reading your thread - hope you don't mind if I use this space to promote some teething questions I have about HT on Taking the Surgical Plunge - Please help! - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

There is a wengazi who had posted some irrelevant comments on my thread. Not good when people are seeking help here! Can we block such members?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duckie,

Unfortunately, because this community allows anyone to join, the occasional spammer will join and take advantage of this community. However, we do our best to catch and remove spammers as quickly as possible. I've gone ahead and removed wengazi from our community.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Bill

• 2 months later...

Here are the pics

Today has been 1 year 4 months and 19 days.

The result has improved but not much.

The scalp area is struggling to grow. I took close up pictures and you can see from the side shots that there are STILL short wispy hairs growing out. These aren't new hairs i believe. The thing is, the hairs grow out, and then fall out, and then start to grow again. Hence why I always see 1-2 cm short wispy hairs all the time. I know this because the hairs that i kept an eye on, have fallen out and started to grow again!!!

Plus the scalp transplanted hair is growing at slower rate. I tested this by cutting a 1cm on both my hairline AND temple. The temple one grew faster.

I felt the temple hairs with my hands and it feels smooth. But when i felt the scalp hairs, they felt very ridged. It felt like it has ridges and the hair is wiggly.

I think these are signs that it could be a blood flow issue. The hairs are struggling to grow. Could be due to graft popping. The follicles maybe aren't deep enough for blood nourishment?

comments guys?

20120712_201946.jpg.d237717c1360075235bb83e21a558711.jpg

20120712_202113.jpg.3a9db061f937f850c2c76f9a16afc215.jpg

20120712_202150.jpg.0870d6c4b11934ed4c6249df2ab7901f.jpg

20120712_202210.jpg.8ca6c7893a690fbfa990a2e30eabf2e8.jpg

20120712_202325.jpg.5f6e364ea12c903a87858891f7ec0d2e.jpg

20120712_202411.jpg.587ed93656103c98337c4bdff82372db.jpg

20120712_202238.jpg.6b249c8d181cc2d1d5ce5feb16cabd87.jpg

20120712_202453.jpg.3a4ca98daeea4f1b160b24879ab12c9b.jpg

20120712_202635.jpg.60c84bbd9bccfd249ea0e22bf68566a7.jpg

Dr .Path has a guarantee in his website of replacing ingrown grafts. You can make use of it and get some free grafts for the ones that didn't grow. He may use bigger incisions for the new transplanted grafts in order to guarantee the growth this time.

This is from his FAQ section in the DHT Hair Clinic website:-

What sort of guarantee or assurance can you give me?

There is no 100% guarantee in medical practice, approximately 90% of the transplanted grafts will grow after 3-6 months in good hands. However if there is no growth which has never happened in our practice you may return for surgery free of charge.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Akuma, you have waited to the end to analyze this. By now, I think it is clearly evident it didn't work out for you. The hairline is not on point and you should address it and request a revision with the gaurantee provided. I hope you get it this time around so you can be at peace and stress free. The gaps need to be filled to reduce the breaks causing sparsity in the hairline. The temples look good but the hairline needs that tweak indeed. If you haven't, contact the doc if you are going back to him. Wish you the best.

Dear Akuma,

As you were informed several months ago that I'm responsible for my work and will add more density at the front without charge. Please make your arrangement and when you're ready please let me know.

Regards,

D.Pathomvanich MD

Dr. Pathomvanich is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

DHT CLINIC (BANGKOK, THAILAND) 32nd floor, Paholyothin Place Building, Paholyothin Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400.

Tel: +662 6190 351-3  ,  Fax: +662 6190 353

Visit our website  http://www.dhthairclinic.com      E-mail: info@dhtclinic.com

• 3 weeks later...

I just cant seem to understand what went wrong in my case. Everything except the scalp hairs didn't grow well.

I doubt it was post care issue because I made sure I did everything right.

I just cant seem to understand what went wrong in my case. Everything except the scalp hairs didn't grow well.

I doubt it was post care issue because I made sure I did everything right.

Akuma, sometimes it is best not to wonder too much into it. It'll drive you up and down. Like you, I have followed instructions and even some more on top of those. Things happen but it is not something that can't be repaired. I think it is best not to dwell on the past too much and move forward and get this done. Looks like your doctor has got your back and is willing to cover you. Before you know it, after this next touch up, you will be rockin a nice hairline. Best of luck and keep us posted please. :)

Dear Akuma,

We have not heard from you. Kindly contact us for a follow-up to add on the density to your area of concern. We can further discuss during your visit to the clinic.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Dr. Pathomvanich

Dr. Pathomvanich is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

DHT CLINIC (BANGKOK, THAILAND) 32nd floor, Paholyothin Place Building, Paholyothin Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400.

Tel: +662 6190 351-3  ,  Fax: +662 6190 353

Visit our website  http://www.dhthairclinic.com      E-mail: info@dhtclinic.com