Consultation w/ Dr. Scott Boden

anarchy02

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would NOT trust my head to him. He is listed as a general practitioner. Plus his website stinks.

Go South a bit and visit New York. Dr. Feller, Dr. Bernstein, and Drs. True & Dorin are all excellent.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Do not waste your time with Boden. The docs mentioned in NY Vs Boden are like comparing Jordan to a third string high schooler....Seriously.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Dr. Boden has over 10 years of experience in Hair Restoration. He is Connecticut's only fellowship trained hair transplant physician and personally performs every consultation. He maintains a dedicated staff and is known for FUE. He is a full time Hair Restoration Physician and has recently been elected to the Board of Directors.

The above comment means nothing and is so typical. I am not saying Boden is terrible but can you honestly compare him to Feller, True, Dorin, Bernstein, who are known worldwide as pioneers.....absolutely not.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Hey all. I have had two procedures done by dr boden. Although I can't comment on another Dr's work, I can share with you my experience with Dr. B. Overall I have had an amazing experience. Suffering hair loss, at a young age, is devastating. I could not be any happier with Dr Boden and his teams work. 3 years later I feel better than I could imagine. Half of feeling good is looking good. I'm sure you don't need a long personal story as you're already dealing with your concerns.

Again, I can only tell you that I am 100% satisfied and would do it all again, no regrets. I have plenty of pictures to share if you're interested. I haven't really kept up on this website since I've kinda forgotten that I was once bald! I am very open and honest with my experienc, since it has literally changed my life and I would love for others to feel the same.

Hey all. I have had two procedures done by dr boden. Although I can't comment on another Dr's work, I can share with you my experience with Dr. B. Overall I have had an amazing experience. Suffering hair loss, at a young age, is devastating. I could not be any happier with Dr Boden and his teams work. 3 years later I feel better than I could imagine. Half of feeling good is looking good. I'm sure you don't need a long personal story as you're already dealing with your concerns.

Again, I can only tell you that I am 100% satisfied and would do it all again, no regrets. I have plenty of pictures to share if you're interested. I haven't really kept up on this website since I've kinda forgotten that I was once bald! I am very open and honest with my experienc, since it has literally changed my life and I would love for others to feel the same.

Pics would be awesome. I see you joined in 08 but it was that you only have one post. Does it erase your count if you are inactive for so long?

Pics would be nice, I have never heard of this doctor.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I had an initial hair transplant procedure with Dr. Bodin last Spring. I decided to go with him after than more than a year of extensive research and several personal consultations with Dr. Bodin. Not only was I convinced by his credentials; his prior work; but also by his own dealings with me. He was patient, understanding and thorough in his explanation of both the treatment and expected results as well as the costs and payment options.

Nearly a year after the procedure, I am totally satisfied. Not only the procedure itself, but also the results were exactly what he described. I am aware that like every medical procedure, not everyone responds the same. For me the outcome is exactly what I wanted and he predicted.

His professional manner and work are excellent. And his staff is great. They made me feel comfortable and confident.

I am planning a much more extensive procedure in the future when my budget allows and will only consider going to Dr. Bodin for that work.

I recommend Dr. Bodin, his work and practice without reservation.

Unfortunately we live in a skeptical world.

None of the Dr. Boden posts will carry any weight without pictures. Especially from users with one post.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, just stating the truth.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hello All,

This is Dr. Scott Boden posting. I am a full-time hair transplant surgeon with offices in Connecticut. I have been practicing hair transplantation for ten years, and provide a personalized, expert approach for men and women with hair loss. I completed a one-year ISHRS-accredited Fellowship, and am a Diplomate and Member of the Board of Directors of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery.

I have a special interest and expertise in Follicular Unit Extraction, and have lectured and taught other physicians at several meeting of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery. In fact, I will be teaching at an upcoming conference specifically devoted to Follicular Unit Extraction.

I take a personal interest in each of my patients and work closely with them to provide consistent, excellent results that meet their cosmetic goals. I provide all consultations myself, at no charge.

I find it somewhat troubling that members of the Hair Restoration Discussion Forum who are unfamiliar with me or my work feel free to post negative comments. This strikes me as unprofessional and inappropriate, at the very least.

I would be happy to meet with or discuss my practice and share photographs of my patient's results with members who are interested in learning more about my work.

Sincerely,

Scott A. Boden, M.D.

Dr. Boden - Thanks for coming on and posting. This shows that you are a real stand up guy who cares about his reputation. For my part, I truly did not mean to sound negative in my posting relative to your work. I do concede that I should not have been so critical out of the gate since I do not have any direct dealings (Or indirect for that matter) with you. My opinion comes from the fact that I have been researching this stuff for many years and know as much as almost anyone on this board. I can tell you that this board has seen unknown surgeons (by that I mean unknown to this message board) wreck havoc on patients heads and have left many in despair. I am certainly not saying that you are in that category and you may be providing quality work. However, nobody on this board will ever believe that you are unless you or some reputable patients post pics of your work. We cannot take your word for it. You must understand that the docs recommended on this site (Esp the coalition docs) are extremely well vetted and have posted hundreds of cases as well as well documented experiences with many patients. When one undertakes a procedure like this, they cannot trust their head to a doc who is simply not that well known period. IMO, one must go to the best of the best and those are the docs recommended on this site. All of the things that you state you provide, so do the other docs on here and then some. To gain credibility with this forum, you must show examples, period.

Again, thanks for posting.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I am a patient of Dr. Scott Boden's and very ill to see these "negative" comments in this blog! I had cancer and remained with a good size bald spot on the front of my head. After living with this for a few years, I spoke to my Oncologist and he highly recommended Dr. Boden. After meeting with him and his staff, I felt that I was in very good hands. It has been 2 years since my surgery and still I have contact with them. As far as the "high society" doctors from New York - do you really think you will receive the proper attention. I would think not - to me you are a number not a patient. When you visit Dr. Boden you are treated as a person. You are not rushed out, you are given the opportunity to ask the questions and they make you feel at ease. As a potential patient - you need to ask yourself - do I believe a patient who has gone through this process or do I listen to a person who just think they know the process. My recommendation is go see Dr. Boden you will not be sorry!

I am a patient of Dr. Scott Boden's and very ill to see these "negative" comments in this blog! I had cancer and remained with a good size bald spot on the front of my head. After living with this for a few years, I spoke to my Oncologist and he highly recommended Dr. Boden. After meeting with him and his staff, I felt that I was in very good hands. It has been 2 years since my surgery and still I have contact with them. As far as the "high society" doctors from New York - do you really think you will receive the proper attention. I would think not - to me you are a number not a patient. When you visit Dr. Boden you are treated as a person. You are not rushed out, you are given the opportunity to ask the questions and they make you feel at ease. As a potential patient - you need to ask yourself - do I believe a patient who has gone through this process or do I listen to a person who just think they know the process. My recommendation is go see Dr. Boden you will not be sorry!

While it is nice to come on here and speak well of the doctor, speaking ill of other doctors who are established is not a good way to get people to look at a new doc to the forum.

If would be great to see your results. I am very happy that you are pleased with your results. Losing hair is an awful experience and a good hair surgeon should be respected for giving something back to his patients.

View Spanker's Website

Hello All,

This is Dr. Scott Boden posting. I am a full-time hair transplant surgeon with offices in Connecticut. I have been practicing hair transplantation for ten years, and provide a personalized, expert approach for men and women with hair loss. I completed a one-year ISHRS-accredited Fellowship, and am a Diplomate and Member of the Board of Directors of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery.

I have a special interest and expertise in Follicular Unit Extraction, and have lectured and taught other physicians at several meeting of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery. In fact, I will be teaching at an upcoming conference specifically devoted to Follicular Unit Extraction.

I take a personal interest in each of my patients and work closely with them to provide consistent, excellent results that meet their cosmetic goals. I provide all consultations myself, at no charge.

I find it somewhat troubling that members of the Hair Restoration Discussion Forum who are unfamiliar with me or my work feel free to post negative comments. This strikes me as unprofessional and inappropriate, at the very least.

I would be happy to meet with or discuss my practice and share photographs of my patient's results with members who are interested in learning more about my work.

Sincerely,

Scott A. Boden, M.D.

Cant decide pretty much said it all. It would be great to see some of your results. Spend a little time on the site. It is a great thing for your industry. Posting results and having patients post results is a great way to get credibility and new clients.

View Spanker's Website

Dr. Boden,

Welcome to our discussion forum and social community. Because we do have a no promotion policy, I revised your social profile in accordance with our terms of service.

I do agree that some members can be a bit overzealous in posting unfavorable comments about doctors they're not familiar with. However, our community certainly appreciates that you took the time to provide your input on this topic, as do I.

I would like to learn more about your hair transplant technique, skill and experience. It would be nice to be able to recommend another quality physician to a multitude of prospective patients in the New England states.

If you're interested in learning more about how we prescreen and recommend only the best surgeons, drop me an email at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

Best wishes,

Bill

Can't Decide,

You are right...I had a brain freeze there for a minute. I guess that's what happens when you get old. They say that the memory is the first thing to go. :-P

Dr. Cohen is doing quality work in Connecticut. But it would be nice to find another one given the large area and population of people in the New England states. Thus, if Dr. Boden meets our high standards for recommending surgeons, we can certainly consider him.

I've made the correction above.

Bill

Kudos to Dr. Boden for posting. Hopefully you will follow it up with some quality pictures.

What I find strange is that I have never heard of Dr. Boden (this doesnt mean he is bad or good) but in a matter of one day three new posters came on to defend him. If these posters were regularly checking out the forum why not post your pictures right from the start rather than only post on the same day that a negative comment was posted?

I find this strange but regardless great for Dr. Boden for posting.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

If any new members need help posting compelling "before and after" images of their hair transplant experience, please feel free to send me a private message. Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I would strongly suggest Dr Scott Boden!! I had a consultation with him and then I had the surgery. (2800 Grafts) That was almost 6 years ago!! I have had no problems at all and am very pleased. Dr Boden and his staff continue to offer support and have built a relationship with me, as it should be, as your Surgeon! His talent and skill really did change my life!! His staff is awesome and equally skilled. OBVIOUSLY the person not recommending Dr Boden has never met or talked to someone who has had the surgery by Dr Boden and years of follow up support. I give Boden an A++ rating. Take the time to meet with him and I'm sure you will be glad you did!

Add me to the list of helpful members. If anyone of the new memebers want to add to their written reccomendation of Dr. Boden by providing before and after pics, or if if the doctor needs any assistance in starting any threads with his before and after photos, I would be glad to help. A proper picture really is worth a thousand words. Shoot me a PM and I will be glad to help.

View Spanker's Website