Consultation w/ Dr. Scott Boden

anarchy02

I have no problem with Dr. Boden's patients chiming in on this topic as long as they're genuine. It always concerns me however, when I see a number of new members coming online at one time to defend a physician when his/her patients were unseen for years.

While I have no reason to believe at this point that members who've posted on behalf of Dr. Boden aren't genuine, it does appear that Dr. Boden asked his patients to post on this topic in his defense.

Unfortunately, alleged patients posting glowing reviews in order to defend their doctor, especially those sounding like written infomercials without pictures lacks any real credibility. Moreover, it suggests the possibility that covert marketing tactics are being used to promote a particular physician and undermine this community.

I truly hope this isn't the case here. Thus, I suggest if Dr. Boden's supporters are genuine patients, that they take the time and share their unique experiences and before and after pictures like everyone else.

Best wishes,

Bill

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Discussion Forum members,

I did ask several of my patients to take a few minutes to respond to the negative posts that were unwarranted. Thus there are three new posters.

I understand that pictures are worth a thousand words, and add credibility, and I will send in several before and after photos.

The photos shown below are 11 month follow up photos of a patient who had 2100 follicular unit grafts. Note natural-appearing densely packed hairline.

Sincerely,

Scott Boden, M.D.

5b32d1bf142a6_DSC02749-Cropped.jpg.dfd92da70c0adb9bc4d63e99e5be6ad8.jpg

DSC09112.jpg.df3d0055d077a625273774d94a287fe0.jpg

5b32d1bf3c119_DSC02751-Cropped.jpg.fe268e819acda0d1a77a99fba935c3e0.jpg

DSC09105.jpg.b62d0436e8cd78d278630fb376e43fd5.jpg

The previous patient had 2100 grafts via FUT.

The patient below is the woman who wrote previously. Following surgical excision and radiation treatment, she had an area of permanent hair loss in the frontal forelock area.

The "after" photos below were taken ten months after FUT surgery of about 750 grafts.

Sincerely,

Scott Boden, M.D.

DSC07302.jpg.dec3c7f21d321515ae239708c4d2754b.jpg

DSC02360.jpg.ae6aabea4200effd65e47a044855f45f.jpg

DSC07297.jpg.ae202b4d5d5bccd6be4e598617806acf.jpg

DSC02359.jpg.9299f11870d557c5ff5ca2401871fbbf.jpg

That is great coverage for 750 grafts.

Dr. Boden - I hope you consider looking into getting recommended on this site. If most of your results are as good as the two that you posted, you are well on your way. I live in CT and have passed by your facility many times. It would be nice to have another good doc besides Dr. Cohen in CT.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Dr. Boden,

Thanks for being honest about asking a few of your patients to chime in with their experience.

I also received your email about your interest in being considered for potential recommendation and have replied. I look forward to learning more about your experience, technique and clinic in the coming weeks.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I received a hair transplant from Dr. Boden over two years ago. Much to my disappointment, the transplant was a total failure. I am not only left with a large scar around my scalp - I have significantly less hair in the transplanted area than before the procedure.

Immediately following the procedure I suffered massive shock loss. This loss was never recovered. I have since consulted with two leading dermatologists who have informed me that not only did my transplanted hair not grow I was also NEVER a good candidate for the procedure and furthermore the procedure likely damaged my existing hair follicles.

So I'm left with less hair, a painful scar and a loss of dignity.

I implore you to look elsewhere for your hair transplant procedures.

After reading through the thread, I'm feeling compelled to also respond regarding Dr. Scott Boden.

First, I'd just like to note the reason my post history on here is so brief:

Immediately after joining, it became immediately apparent to me that navigating/posting on this site via mobile (my only means of Internet) was practically impossible. I sent a private to Bill regarding this at the time (which hopefully he can verify).

Though, it seems that this has been remedied since then! What a relief! :)

*Dr. Boden did NOT ask me to respond, by the way. I found this thread on my own*

I've had two FUT procedures with Dr. Boden, totaling approximately 3750 grafts. The responses from his other patients about his relationship with them could not be more accurate. I'd even take it one step further.

Last year, the area that I live in was ravaged by tropical storm Irene. One of his associates had heard about it on the news, and they realized that I was smack dab in the middle of the chaos.

Keep in mind, at this point in time, I had absolutely NO appointments or scheduled visits in his office (other than a non-expiring, any time I am able, scar revision and a left front/temple/hairline touch up ).

Out of the blue, as power had just been restored, I get a call from his office. My area had come up during one of what I'd presume to be morning meetings, and they wanted to know if myself and my girlfriend were okay. This was 2 years after my last procedure! I was floored and deeply touched.

But it didn't suprise me. This is the kind of man he's proven himself to be.

Now, I'd also be willing to share my results under the same conditions as the previous poster (identity hidden, eyes black barred, distinguishing features blurred/cropped out/distorted) if Dr. Boden would like to share them (PM me). There's definitely a significant cosmetic improvement - and I am happy...which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on the minor touch ups - but keep in mind my results ARE a work in progress (all of which Dr. Boden has offered to address, though I will keep the details of the offer private at this time).

Dr. Boden is committed to providing A+ results, no matter what it takes. And there is no question he is also an A+ man with an A+ heart.

It feels good to have someone like this fighting for you.

Edited by Parasol

• 7 months later...
I'm having a condultation with Dr. Scott Boden in CT about a possible hair transplant. I Have found very little info on him and was curious to see if anyone dealt with him before.

Well I was left with a scar with no hair about a 1/4 inch wide, still wear a hat after trying to replace hair so I wouldn't have to wear one. spent about 12000.00 total and I'm looking for a new doc to maybe be more honest.

I had an initial hair transplant procedure with Dr. Bodin last Spring. I decided to go with him after than more than a year of extensive research and several personal consultations with Dr. Bodin. Not only was I convinced by his credentials; his prior work; but also by his own dealings with me. He was patient, understanding and thorough in his explanation of both the treatment and expected results as well as the costs and payment options.

Nearly a year after the procedure, I am totally satisfied. Not only the procedure itself, but also the results were exactly what he described. I am aware that like every medical procedure, not everyone responds the same. For me the outcome is exactly what I wanted and he predicted.

His professional manner and work are excellent. And his staff is great. They made me feel comfortable and confident.

I am planning a much more extensive procedure in the future when my budget allows and will only consider going to Dr. Bodin for that work.

I recommend Dr. Bodin, his work and practice without reservation.

Well I was left with a scar with no hair about a 1/4 inch wide, still wear a hat after trying to replace hair so I wouldn't have to wear one. spent about 12000.00 total and I'm looking for a new doc to maybe be more honest.

Kudos to Dr. Boden for posting. Hopefully you will follow it up with some quality pictures.

What I find strange is that I have never heard of Dr. Boden (this doesnt mean he is bad or good) but in a matter of one day three new posters came on to defend him. If these posters were regularly checking out the forum why not post your pictures right from the start rather than only post on the same day that a negative comment was posted?

I find this strange but regardless great for Dr. Boden for posting.

I have pics and everything from 2006 but since I can't remember email addy from back then I can't update my profile. Not happy with results and cost for subpar results of Dr. Scott Boden. I'm going to consult another doc with hopefully more honesty.

scott M

Dr. Boden,

Thanks for being honest about asking a few of your patients to chime in with their experience.

I also received your email about your interest in being considered for potential recommendation and have replied. I look forward to learning more about your experience, technique and clinic in the coming weeks.

Best wishes,

Bill

I have pics and everything from 2006 but since I can't remember email addy from back then I can't update my profile. Not happy with results and cost for subpar results of Dr. Scott Boden. I'm going to consult another doc with hopefully more honesty. Don't get me wrong Dr. Boden is a nice guy and the facility looks great. I was looking to have the most hair put in my crown when I started this. I was told what I think is a standard line "your a tall guy, nobody see's back there." I'm 6 feet tall . Also the scar is very wide and no hair on it , basically from ear to ear. I was told I could pay to have a scar revision, but at that point I was out of cash. I gave up after that and it's bothered me since. I just recently thought about going to another Dr. to ask there opinion. Maybe I wasn't a good candidate for a transplant, I wasn't told that for the 2 transplants. That's why I'm going to get a few other opinions. I guess the crown is hard to cover and uses a lot of hair. I would have liked to have been told this up front. I don't want to bash anyone I'm just stating my opinion on what I feel was my outcome after going thru 2 procedures. When you tell someone what your looking for and the approximate cost and if it's achievable , you should be able to get at least a ballpark figure and how many procedures it would take to achieve those goals. After 2 procedures I continued to ware a hat and still do. If I knew it would take like 4 procedures and 20000.00 Maybe I would have made a different decision. My pics are on here starting in 2006. Again Dr. Boden is a very nice guy , I'm just telling you of my experience.

scott M

Edited by Snakeler1
Want to add a little more information.

I know Dr. Boden quite well from seeing him at numerous hair transplant meetings and live surgery workshops and can vouch for the fact that he is one of the real class guys in our field. I have seen him operate at the Orlando live surgery workshop and his skills are top-notch. I am always sad when some of the veteran posters on this site pile on and put down someone without knowing anything about their actual surgical results or the integrity of the individual himself. It is obvious that there are some physicians who vigorously promote themselves and their patient results on various forums, and there are other physicians who keep quite busy with patients in their locale and don't feel the need to engage in this level of self-promotion. Ironically, some of the nicest guys in our field fit this description, which makes it all the more painful to see them hung out to dry in forums such as this. Were I a young fellow with balding (which I was), I wouldn't hesitate for a second to entrust my transplant to Dr Boden. And like one of the patients above, I certainly was not called by Dr. Boden to put this post up.

Mike Beehner, M.D

Dr. Beehner thanks for responding and giving your opinion. I dont take serious what any first time posters say negative or postive unless they tell a proper documentation with photo about their experience.

there are some physicians who vigorously promote themselves and their patient results on various forums, and there are other physicians who keep quite busy with patients in their locale and don't feel the need to engage in this level of self-promotion.

It funny how to dont like posters making a stab at Dr. Boden yet you find it ok to make a stab at other doctors. Most of the top doctors are top doctors on this site because of results posted by patients themselves not because of self promotion. In the age of internet you cant get away without self promotion success without quality work. Take a look at someone like Dr. Rahal years ago nobody knew anything about him and once people started showing quality results, now he is considered world class.

There a few doctors in Florida that spend alot of money on self promotion without quality results. They came on this site and tryed to promote like crazy, people on this site are intelligent and could see through all the crap.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

A million amazing reviews from 1 time posters does nothing for a doctor to enhance his credibility.

Photos and another respected doctor 'vouching' for you, on the other hand... :)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Unfortunately I have to agree that a ham-fisted approach to marketing on forums one is unfamiliar with and being tone deaf to the skeptical reactions such an approach might stir up among longtime forum participants per above makes me think than any doctor encouraging such tactics is tone deaf himself, which is never a good thing when hiring someone to cut open your scalp.

• 1 year later...

Had FUE done at Dr. Boden's office almost 6 months ago. Great guy but very disappointed with the results so far. I'll wait until the 6 month consultation to see what he says and I've read that it can take longer than that to see results but I really was hoping that at almost 6 months I'd see some real progress.

• 1 year later...

So I take it Dr. Boden didn't make the coalition surgeons list? It's also quite alarming all these first time posters coming to his defense couldn't provide pictures or proof. Here I am thinking of possibly getting PRP done at his office. Thanks to 2 failed previous HT from another doctor I am looking into getting PRP done.

A few thoughts:

1) I do not know Dr. Boden and I am not here to praise or damn him.

2) It sounds like he has some satisfied pts with good outcomes and others with less than ideal outcomes.

3) I imagine that most HT surgeons out there have a mix of good, great, and not so good outcomes.

4) I do think it is good that Boden himself came here to stand up for his reputation.

Does an athlete walk on the field and gain the respect of his peers without evidence of his talents? Of course not. Only through repeated evidence of success proven over time does he gain the respect of his community.

This is no different. Skepticism of an unknown doctor was raised based available evidence, or lack thereof. It is the responsibility of the doctor to prove himself to the community with a variety of patient types before gaining the respect of the group,not the other way around.

Quite honestly, the doctor should appreciate this level of scrutiny, as it keeps him on his game and allows his successes to stand out. Reputations, good or bad, are built over time.

Its this level of scrutiny and skepticism that has allowed many of us to find the appropriate recommendation for our circumstances, and has saved many more from questionable decisions. The resistance should be applauded. There's nothing conspiracy theorist about the behavior.

"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence". Love that one :)

• 2 years later...

Has anyone on this forum had any new experiences with Dr. Boden since the last time this topic was updated in 2015? I'm considering him for an FUE procedure myself, and found this while researching him online - any insight is greatly appreciated.

In CT, there are only two Dr.'s that perform FUE (as far as I can tell): Dr. Ivan Cohen, and Dr. Scott Boden. I believe Cohen is recommended on this site, but I find it very strange that he has no reviews or profile on realself.com. Dr. Boden however has many reviews there, but they are so overwhelmingly positive that I'm a bit skeptical. Any recommendations for doctors around the CT area are welcome.

HairResearch8

Welcome to the forum. I think it is great that you are researching first before making this huge decision. I would recommend that you broaden your area because there is also alot of good doctors also in New York. Without taking anything away from these doctors but the two biggest mistake alot of people do base their decision on price and location. This does not mean you can not find a great doctor in your area but it best to research and feel fully confident of your decision. Losing your hair is natural having a bad transplant is not.

Good luck on your search!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson