ALERT Revita Problem please read

I have not been back here in like forever, nice to see all this activity.

I have been using Revita shampoo for years and love it until now.

It started about 2 years ago, I noticed it was suddenly leaving my hair heavy and greasy. Then later I noticed the consistency of the shampoo had become very thick. It barely produced any lather and was very difficult to rinse off.

I kept buying the product and the last few bottles I got are kind of a joke now.

The product is so thick it's like toothpaste. I have to not pour, but actually squeeze it out of the bottle into another container and dilute it with water almost 3 (water) to 1 (shampoo) ratio in order to use it.

So I called their toll free number, left a voice mail. A lady called me a few days later, she became very defensive about the product. She said the formula is always improving and I should use more water on my hair. She would not hear that the only thing that works is transferring into another container for some serious dilution. I felt she was not hearing me so I let it go.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Since the forum store is buying large quantities for resale I am hoping the manufacturer will hear their voice and we can get to the bottom of it.

Was it me or didn't you feel like your scalp used to "tingle" before when you left the shampoo on your scalp/hair? The "old" formula felt like it was at least doing something to my scalp, the new stuff has been different and I cant figure it out.... My fiance (which is a stylist), has been bringing up Nioxin... Thinking about giving it a try....

You only live once...

I don't remember my scalp tingling, but I liked the way the old stuff lathered up. I really like the way revita makes my hair feel thick and soft, but yet does not dry my hair out. I don't think you're going to get that with nioxin. I'm still on the fence on what I'm going to do. I have about a half of a bottle of this new stuff left.

I've bought one bottle. It is extremely thick!!! I don't care for it much. I bought a bottle of Revivogen at the same time and like it soooo much better. I'm now using Revivogen 5 days a week and Nizoral 2 days a week.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thanks for all the comments guys. I am considering trying another shampoo and was wondering if any of you have used Tricomin and how it compares.

I used Rvivogen before but did not like it as much as the older Revita formula.

Maybe we could spur our moderators to call the Revita toll free number and try to get some answers.

How do we motivate them to do that?

• 2 weeks later...

This seems a bit strange as I read a lot of rewiews on Amazon where the majority complained of the watery like substance. Nearly every review said it used to be thicker and was so much better previously.

May be they listened to the critisism and changed back ??

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

How much do you guys use? I use Revita as well, along with Niz and I use a little less than half a palm-full. So far I have not had trouble lathering either one. And both shampoo's(thickness wise) look identical except for the color. My Revita is neither too thick or too watery, I think its fine. I can't comment about how it was previously because I've only used to for roughly 2 months. Maybe the quality did go down, don't know, but so far I like it. Plus shampoo's really make only a minimal difference. I like Niz and Revita because they greatly helped reduce my scalp itch and my hair looks healthier.

blk1903

Really no need to use both Revita and Nizoral...if you are using Revita it has the same active ingredient in it as Nizoral--ketoconzale...

Im sure you knew that but just in case you didn't..if you wanna mix two shampoos, which is a good idea, try using Revita with Revivogen, or Revivogen with Nizoral...

Nizoral and Revita are kind of redudent though..

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

blk1903

Really no need to use both Revita and Nizoral...if you are using Revita it has the same active ingredient in it as Nizoral--ketoconzale...

Im sure you knew that but just in case you didn't..if you wanna mix two shampoos, which is a good idea, try using Revita with Revivogen, or Revivogen with Nizoral...

Nizoral and Revita are kind of redudent though..

I knew and you're probably right but I wanted to use a keto shampoo everyday and I heard it's good to mix up shampoos(Can't use Niz everyday, it is a bit rough, but I don't have that problem with Revita). I have about 4 months supply of each so once I finish them, I'll consider changing it up. So far though they have really helped my scalp feel better. The hair looks cleaner(less oily) and more full. Hair loss wise, maybe a minimal difference. I will take your suggestions into consideration though, thanks :) BTW how is the transplant coming along, I haven't been able to keep up with your progress.

I knew and you're probably right but I wanted to use a keto shampoo everyday and I heard it's good to mix up shampoos(Can't use Niz everyday, it is a bit rough, but I don't have that problem with Revita). I have about 4 months supply of each so once I finish them, I'll consider changing it up. So far though they have really helped my scalp feel better. The hair looks cleaner(less oily) and more full. Hair loss wise, maybe a minimal difference. I will take your suggestions into consideration though, thanks :) BTW how is the transplant coming along, I haven't been able to keep up with your progress.

Going great...coming up on 2 months....hard to believe!!:)

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HK500,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the new Revita. While we do sell it via our online treatment shop, I haven't personally used it for years. Products are constantly changing and evolving, but sometimes it's probably better to leave well enough alone, especially when you've already got a good product going.

I think you did the right thing by contacting the company by sharing your concerns, but it sounds like the woman you spoke with wasn't very helpful. I'd suggest possibly writing a letter to DS Labs and hopefully someone in charge will seriously consider your feedback.

As to the product line we have available via our online store, I'm not sure if we still have any of the previous formula left or not. But I can check with our store manager and find out. I'll report back when I find out anything more.

Best wishes,

Bill

I agree with the revita reviews - never had luck with it and think its not made well. I especially had issues in summer with humidity and scalp always greasy and hair matted. As much as we spend on surgery, its tough but need to find right blend of products - maybe switch between 2 to keep hair good.

How is it that my Revita is not causing any of the things you guys are saying. I've used it for 3 months now(roughly) and I alternate with Niz and they both do a great job keeping my hair clean and looking thick. In fact ever since I started using them(along with my other treatments) I don't have any scalp redness whereas before my scalp would be red on a lot of days. I dont know if Ill keep using Revita once its finished though as I feel its redundant with Niz. Well see....

• 5 weeks later...

I'm using Revita and while it does have a very dense consistency, it is easily remedied by adding more water. The product is very dense, you don't need much which is good considering how expensive it is. I bought the 925ml version as it was 3 times the price but contains 5 times the amount.

Agree with Mickey85. Why would you complain about the product being too dense? If it were me, i'd rather it be dense than watery as that means i can use the product for a longer period of time... It's not hard for me to mix the shampoo with water.