3600 graft with Dr. Lindsey

danteef

So finally the day arrived - the day that hopefully will transform my head :) Now I am not that great of a writer so feel free to ask any questions and I will respond..

About Dr. Lindsey:

1. Awesome and down to earth person

2. He will not say things you want to hear, he will say things that are true

3. His technicians are top notch, and very friendly

About the day:

1. We started at 730 am sharp

2. The painful part (and I wouldn't say its painful - just pinch) is the initial injections you get to numb the area down

3. The strip was out

4. Then on to the plantation period

5. Techs took the grafts out and started planting on the front

6. No pain through out the session

7. There was pain in the evening and I took one of those strong pain killers and I slept on the couch (heads up)

8. Woke up at 3 am and it was hurting again .. took another one of those and then woke up at 11

9. No pain so far :)

I do have some swelling on the forehead but that was expected and hopefully will be gone in the next 2 days

Other thoughts:

Dr. Lindsey mentioned that I have great donor area and have very nice thick hair at the back. I would have been real happy (I still am) had we reached 4000 grafts, but I guess nobody knows how many grafts until the end of surgery.

In the end there was a time where we had some extra grafts and we just packed more and in some cases increased the line on the back. So I think 3600 grafts should give a great look.

I have attached picture from the moment I walked in to walk out.. Let me know your thoughts.. would love to hear... I personally think the job done is very nice and clean ..

Dr. Lindsey / Staff - Thank you very much .. I am very happy .. is there a pill I can take and sleep for 4 months ;)

2.jpg.e539284bb1b3890970d2d35354697800.jpg

1.jpg.5567d0e2615fe3775f1fb52ba52ebf51.jpg

4r.jpg.272b1df99549e0648b25628a7a6d6c2a.jpg

5a.jpg.22aedc58d1b83fac0464c9a17ce6f89b.jpg

10.jpg.043b8641f34bed840c5bad10a6a46e7a.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg.a39473a872a1a3c4e5a2c9b23aa0b682.jpg

Great write up! I am very fond of Dr. Lindsey's work, and himself as a doctor and a person. He is hard to beat when it comes to an all around great guy.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

danteef,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Lindsey and thank your for taking the time to share your experience.

I hope you'll continue to update us on your progress. Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks guys. I think I'm healing well. Today the swelling from my forehead has started moving down and I can barely open my eyes. This is going to by the toughest night of all. Stitches come out Friday and will update all with pics then.

Would love to hear comments from community about new hairline. You guys think I'll need a second one? After the eye swelling experience I am hoping not :)

Great post. Make sure you do the cleaning we went over and please let me know that you get your sutures out on Friday, whether in the US or in India. And if at all possible, I'd be pleased to take them out myself Friday, as I know your travel plans are still up in the air.

Dr. Lindsey

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians