HT with Dr. Radha Rani - India, 3354 grafts

hiflyer

Hi All,

Been stuck with loads of work and didn't find the time to write this up.Wanted to post the experience of my first HT which i underwent on feb 17 at RHIIT. Dr Radha lives up to the reputation. Absolutely blown over with the way she handles patients compared to what i have seen with other HT surgeons with whom i have had consultation's.

Day 1 (16th Feb) :

Got on a plane from Bangalore to Vizag. Went to the clinic at 4:30 and had a 1hour session where we spoke on the planned grafts, area coverage , hairline , density packing of the frontal hairline , medication post surgery & got all my doubts and questions that were on my mind. I was give betadine shampoo to be applied before bedtime.

Day 2 (17th Feb) :

Woke up and had another round of shampoo applied and off to the clinic.Had the surgery start at 9am. had some measurements done and the strip was started . With the donor density and scalp laxity. We had an expectation of abt 2500 to 2800 grafts which had actually put me off thinking it might not be enough to cover the entire area. At about 11:30

we had been done with the strip and the team of assistants we hard at work splitting up the grafts. I was given set of tablets at this time and asked to relax.

Had a light lunch and at 1:30 we started again. My hairline was marked before the extraction of the strip. The crown area was marked and divided into sections.I was given the final count of grafts that were extracted and we had 3354 grafts in total. In my case we had lots of single units of abt 1000 grafts , 2200 Doubles and remaining triples.I had a small area in between my crown and the vertex line that had good coverage and had planned not to fiddle with that area and retain it and treat it with medicines. Frontal was done completely by Dr radha and took abt 3 hrs. Then began the most difficult 3hrs (Crown). This is where there was a technician from Thailand who was assisting Dr Radha perform my crown which each of them working on one section at a time and working the various angles needed to get a even cover. i think she was from the DHT clinic from Thailand. Have asked doctor on more details.

Finally the surgery got over at 6:30 pm and was driven back to the hotel by Dr Radha and was given few painkillers and antibiotics for the night and told all precautions to take while sleeping. Had kinda of a ragged night with more concern on how i slept with the head bandaged and pain. Slept for abt 4-5 hrs and woke up at 6am .

Day 3 (18th Feb) :

Went to the clinic at 8:30 and was greeted by doctor.She had a complete checkup of the grafts and the sutures. This was the time they gave me my first hair wash after the HT. The staff we very good in answering all my question on how i need to do this once i get back home. Got all my medication prescribed and had a nice scarf.

Came back home with a great feeling.

Special thanks to RodG who helped me a lot in the background and to all the members here who had some really very important views on HT.

Posted the photos on my blog.. Little confused on how to work with the controls there apologies for that.

Hair Restoration Site for hiflyer

Hi High Flyer,

I'm glad that you had a positive experience with Doctor Radha. I had a look at your photos, which were taken prior to your hair transplant and your existing hair is definitely worth saving. By taking precautionary medication you have a good chance to save this hair.

The session that you had will give you a much better look and make you look years younger i.e. what you would expect to look like with hair :).

Over the coming months you will go thru the ugly duckling stage and try not to get too anxious during this period. We all go thru this stage but at around 5 - 6 months time, something magical will happen and you'll be so happy that you underwent the surgery.

Good luck,

Rod

Hi All,

Have updated the post op photos.

Will update my 1 week photos tomorrow.

@Rod : I agree mate. Thats the reason the doc didnt want to do a section in the middle of the crown and the front hairline and get them saved using medication.

Hi All,

Been stuck with loads of work and didn't find the time to write this up.Wanted to post the experience of my first HT which i underwent on feb 17 at RHIIT. Dr Radha lives up to the reputation. Absolutely blown over with the way she handles patients compared to what i have seen with other HT surgeons with whom i have had consultation's.

Day 1 (16th Feb) :

Got on a plane from Bangalore to Vizag. Went to the clinic at 4:30 and had a 1hour session where we spoke on the planned grafts, area coverage , hairline , density packing of the frontal hairline , medication post surgery & got all my doubts and questions that were on my mind. I was give betadine shampoo to be applied before bedtime.

Day 2 (17th Feb) :

Woke up and had another round of shampoo applied and off to the clinic.Had the surgery start at 9am. had some measurements done and the strip was started . With the donor density and scalp laxity. We had an expectation of abt 2500 to 2800 grafts which had actually put me off thinking it might not be enough to cover the entire area. At about 11:30

we had been done with the strip and the team of assistants we hard at work splitting up the grafts. I was given set of tablets at this time and asked to relax.

Had a light lunch and at 1:30 we started again. My hairline was marked before the extraction of the strip. The crown area was marked and divided into sections.I was given the final count of grafts that were extracted and we had 3354 grafts in total. In my case we had lots of single units of abt 1000 grafts , 2200 Doubles and remaining triples.I had a small area in between my crown and the vertex line that had good coverage and had planned not to fiddle with that area and retain it and treat it with medicines. Frontal was done completely by Dr radha and took abt 3 hrs. Then began the most difficult 3hrs (Crown). This is where there was a technician from Thailand who was assisting Dr Radha perform my crown which each of them working on one section at a time and working the various angles needed to get a even cover. i think she was from the DHT clinic from Thailand. Have asked doctor on more details.

Finally the surgery got over at 6:30 pm and was driven back to the hotel by Dr Radha and was given few painkillers and antibiotics for the night and told all precautions to take while sleeping. Had kinda of a ragged night with more concern on how i slept with the head bandaged and pain. Slept for abt 4-5 hrs and woke up at 6am .

Day 3 (18th Feb) :

Went to the clinic at 8:30 and was greeted by doctor.She had a complete checkup of the grafts and the sutures. This was the time they gave me my first hair wash after the HT. The staff we very good in answering all my question on how i need to do this once i get back home. Got all my medication prescribed and had a nice scarf.

Came back home with a great feeling.

Special thanks to RodG who helped me a lot in the background and to all the members here who had some really very important views on HT.

Posted the photos on my blog.. Little confused on how to work with the controls there apologies for that.

Hair Restoration Site for hiflyer

Hello,

Your HT looks good and nice, clean work, and nice scar also. Can you please tell how much she charge.

Thanks

Hi... all,

I am also planning for HT very soon. I wanna want to know how much she charge. and I have seen HT is performing on shaved head. Is it possible to do the HT without shaving or trimming the hairs. I don't want to shave.

For how many days after HT, swelling will be there. So, that I can be off to work.

Thanks

Hi... all,

I am also planning for HT very soon. I wanna want to know how much she charge. and I have seen HT is performing on shaved head. Is it possible to do the HT without shaving or trimming the hairs. I don't want to shave.

For how many days after HT, swelling will be there. So, that I can be off to work.

Thanks

Hi Ahmed,

She charges Rs 35 for FUE per graft. It is better to get the recipient area shaved to bare minimum to have better results rather than having long hair.

Swelling is very rare and depends on person to person. I didn't have any swelling and had my surgery on Friday and was back to work on Monday.

Hi,

I stayed at the Green Park hotel and the rate was 3000rs and the only minus was it didn't have a pool. I think the Gateway Hotel was a bit more expensive but from what I saw it is a bit more luxurious.

I bought meals every night in the hotel restaurant and it was on 350rs, which I thought was very cheap and tasted nice.

Why not send the clinic and email and find out where they recommend?

Regards

Rod

Hi,

Talk with Doctor Radha she is very helpful and I'm sure she can help with your request. During the consultation you could discuss the pros/cons of shaving or not shaving and whether it will affect your result.

Please remember there are a few forum members who have recently undergone a hair transplant with her and have have had a good experience with her clinic. Disclaimer, our results will take about 6 - 12 months time to tell whether the experience and the outcome of the surgery are the same.

I hope I don't sound negative with the above statement, but I did a lot of research and whilst she isn't widely known on this forum, I'm confident that I chose the right doctor for me. This is what you have to do yourself to make sure you feel confident that you chose the right doctor. Doctor Madhu is recommended on this forum and because of this is accountable to the community to ensure that he providers consistent hair transplant results.

Good luck,

Regards Rod

Ahmed. I would recommend Budhil Park hotel. Book it from Makemytrip along with your flight and you should get a nice deal. Hotel is nice with great food and was trying local food outdoor when i was there for 3 days.

WIth regards to outcome i dont know much as this is my first HT. Rod has helped me a lot to make a call . Also i didnt feel madhu was that hands on in terms of performing the surgery. Loved the way Dr Radha handles people and very caring.

Hi,

I guess I'm hedging my bets by saying that Doctor Madhu is recommended on the forum. I did thorough research, made my decision and I'm happy that doctor Radha did my HT procedure for me.

She did not shave my recipient area for me, but this is something that you need to discuss with her.

Regards

Rod

Hi,

The clinic will give you a headband to wear to reduce the swelling. The band works really well with a loose baseball cap, which is what I wore and still wear for another couple of months. Its important to keep out of the sunlight to prevent the scalp from burning.

Regards

Rod

Updating 2 week post Op pics... Will update more pics on the weekend.

looks good man! ..

the scar appears very fine as well.. all the best with your results..

will be following ur updates with keen interest!..

ohh.. do u hv her email address? cud u pm it to me??

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your views.

I am Norwood VA, moving towards a VI, 28 years old, and am looking for a combination FUT + FUE treatment.

I have shortlisted my choice docs between Dr. Manoj Khanna and Dr. Radha. I am wondering if anyone has done a comparison between the two?

Dr Khanna seems to be vastly more experienced, however Dr Radha seems to take more personal care and provide more dedication. In the end, I care a lot about the density/results and am wondering what would be a step in the right direction.

Thanks so much!

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your views.

I am Norwood VA, moving towards a VI, 28 years old, and am looking for a combination FUT + FUE treatment.

I have shortlisted my choice docs between Dr. Manoj Khanna and Dr. Radha. I am wondering if anyone has done a comparison between the two?

Dr Khanna seems to be vastly more experienced, however Dr Radha seems to take more personal care and provide more dedication. In the end, I care a lot about the density/results and am wondering what would be a step in the right direction.

Thanks so much!