best doctors in northern california

MillionHair

Whats up everybody. I've decided to join the forum after browsing around for some time. I'm 28 and my hair loss is at a norwood 3-4. I'm thinking about doing hair transplant. What are some good doctors for HT in northern California? Around the bay area to sacramento area. And has anybody been to any of those clinics?

Edited by MillionHair

If you search this forum, you will see that many of the members will travel great lengths to go to the doctor they feel most comfortable with, and will recommend that travel not be a limiting factor.

This thread from today has many of the names in the US & Canada that are very popular on this site.

There are 2 doctors recommended on this site that are in the Bay area, so it may be at least worth a consult with both of them.

Dr. Kabaker is in Oakland, and Dr. Rosanelli is in San Francisco.

To see members who have had HT's done by these 2 doctors, click here, and select their names from "Hair Transplant Surgeon" drop-down.

You can try sending a private message (PM) to a few of them to see if they will share their experience with you.

Send an email to Bill at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com if you are having any issues sending a PM.

Good Luck!

You are lucky! There are 10 approved hair transplant physicians in California. Most are in the southern part of the state. If I were you though I would drive up to Oregon and see Dr. Gabel. He is an outstanding hair transplant physician.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I second Dr. Kabaker and Dr. Rosanelli. Both excellent surgeons!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I'm sure these Dr's are good, but man would i love to see more reveiws and pics of patients from these doctors. It would be much easier to go to someone local but i'm not sold until i see more proof of their work....anyone who can provide some insight into the quality of work?

Rosanelli does not do FUE, at least the last time I checked. I actually saw him for a consultation once about 10 years ago. He wouldn't allow to do a procedure on me since I was too young at the time. I'm actually glad I didn't considered it either since it's a strip procedure.

I did my FUE procedure with Dr John Diep, located in Los Gatos. For whatever reason, Dr Diep is not mentioned a lot in internet forums. But his clinic has tons of YouTube videos, perhaps the most out of any other clinics. I'm not ready to recommend him just yet since I am in the early stages of my transplant. (Shedding phase sucks!) But I can say that my surgical experience was not as bad as I thought. You can view my photos and experience. PM me if you have questions.

Which of these doctors do FUE. I rather have FUE. I want to cut my hair really short and don't want a noticable scar that you get with FUT.

If you want FUE, drive to Redondo Beach. Check the listing of recommended doctors for further information.

Hey I live in Sacramento and wanted FUE also. it's been two months since I had it done in Rocklin by Dr. It was $5000 for 1500 grafts. I thought that was a great deal so I went and had it done. it was a horrible experience! the girls that work there were nice but the doctor is a joke! he never actually had a conversation with me about how I wanted my hair to look before the procedure he just told his assistance to start doing it I guess. after being druged I had no idea what was going on. three days later my entire face swelled up.I called him several times on his cell to ask him what to do about it but he never answered he finally text me back and said "you'll be fine". I went back to his office screaming about how he wasted my hair putting it in my temple area when I only wanted the top done and he put three and four hair grafts right in the front he argued with me for a half an hour trying to deny any wrongdoing when it was obvious there's three and four hair grafts right in the hairline and hair in my temples. I demanded he fix the problem he then finally said he would fix it so I came back for 500 more for free. this time his assistant did the entire thing with out any help I couldn't communicate with him because he didn't speak English I don't know how you doing fue hair transplant by yourself! I hope something comes out of this but I can't say at this point if anything is going to grow because it's been only two months. all I have is redness,pimples and less hair than I started with. I would never have gone there but this thing is his staff and hat I could go on about this guy for longer but if I were you I would just stay away from this one!