This gentleman came to Dr. Arocha in his late twenties. Dr. Arocha performed a 3500+ FUT procedure in his hairline and frontal region. The after photos are taken 16 months following his procedure. The patient is on a medical regimen consisting of Propecia.

16_preop.jpg

17_After.jpg

You can view the complete album, including photos taken immediately post-op Here.

16_preop.jpg.896cc9963a87726242510a930236d374.jpg

17_After.jpg.3cccb450af422d0cb44637dcce6dd51e.jpg

21_After.jpg.31a917b6191f23591f25cefe66d709be.jpg

23_After.jpg.9be6d74ff6b4baa7bebb3b0a68c55f96.jpg

21_Before.jpg.c6a78ce5342038efff5761ffc01d69a9.jpg

7_Before.jpg.8b5c08bce69698ee5cbbe1e47755e0f2.jpg

8_postop.jpg.156ae835ba0ddd1f16c5906c70aa60d8.jpg

9_After.jpg.2283d7f3bd1cfdf43c997fc8026b2cd8.jpg

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Quite an extensive amount of hairloss for someone in his late 20's. Fortunately for him the receding look seemed to suit him well though i am sure that was of no consolation to him. Im wondering if he has any plans to have another surgery in the frontal area for density and maybe straighten up or is he conserving his donor for any further progression in the middle or crown area?

I ask as I think if he has enough donor for another pass around that would go from being a very nice result to an absolute knockout. Either way, great work

ManinSpace,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on his photos. At this time, the patient is happy with the results, and as far as I know- he is not considering an additional procedure in the near future. Haha, and you are right, while the receding look might have looked decent on him, he wanted Dr. Arocha to provide a more permanent solution for his hair loss.

Orlhair1,

Thanks so much!

Sabretooth,

Thanks for looking and commenting on this set of photos. As far as I know, the patient is only taking Propecia, but I'll double check with Dr. Arocha.

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thats fair enough, its all relative and if he is 100% satisified then who can blame him, it looks much better!

Personally if I had success like that I simply would not have been able to resist a second time around!. However, to have restored so much hair and a nice frame with so few grafts, well he must be on top of the world right now.

It never ceases to amase me what a difference restoring a few thousand grafts can do for someones aesthetics and from that, their life in general. I know I would feel a lot more enthusiastic about the mornings with a little less forehead staring back at me in the mirror. Its like one of those timers with the sand in them staring back at you every day reminding you that your youth is diminishing, only its got a leak so its going too fast. Resetting the clock like this guy has done is something I cannot wait to do!

ManinSpace-

The reasons you just stated, are exactly why this patient (and many others) decide to have a hair transplant. It is a life changing experience, as many on this forum will tell you. And while this patient is happy now, we might have created a hair junkie, who decides to have another one in the future :) Reasons like this are why Dr. Arocha loves what he does. I look forward to hearing about your own personal transformation. You are doing the right thing by researching on this forum! There are many fabulous surgeons on here, along with many people who have been in your shoes and can answer your questions.

~Kira

Thanks for your response and welcoming me to the forum. This time exactly one year ago I had not the first clue about hairloss treatments and HT's. After a few weeks research I immediately got on the big 3 that i first heard of here and now after a year of lurking and researching Ive joined as Im hoping to embark on a FUE HT this year having been estimated around 1500-1800 grafts through various consultations. Im truly grateful to this forum as it has relieved at least half of my anxiety just to know that there is something that can be done and that i can recieve advice from so many experts. People like you, the coalition Dr's and their representatives who maintain a presence on these forums play such an invaluable role in communication.

Hairloss is an amasingly psychological condition, we all have physical flaws that make us less than perfect so to speak but there is something about hair loss which is uniquely distressing. I first noticed mine was receding when i was 16. 12 Years later I am lucky that it has been so incredibly slow that with creative styling, no one would even know. Nonetheless, everyday without fail for 12 years I have looked in the mirror and been unhappy with my slowly disappearing hairline. Its not like most other issues in that it also gets worse every day and until last year, i presumed irreversibly so. For 12 years, if the day begins and it is raining or windy, then the day starts under a severe cloud. That is a long time to be worried about something!. Provided the op goes to plan my otherwise contented life will genuinely be turned around and I will owe a debt of gratitude to all the contributers on the boards.

Your profession is genuinely changing peoples lives for the better day in day out, so you and your team have every right to feel satisfied at the end of your working day!. Thanks again and keep up the good work

Edited by ManinSpace

Dr Arocha certainly has magic hands. I think that is a great result when you look at the area covered and grafts used.

The patient must be well pleased with his results, which at the end of the day is all we want :)

Thanks for sharing Kira:)

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Irishsailor! Thanks- Love the magic hands comment. Dr. Arocha is definitely well known for his artistic hair transplants. I'll have another early result to post this week.

ManinSpace-

We understand. We hear stories just like yours everyday. We are happy that there is a solution available as well. The good news is- is that there are options! When is your procedure?

-Kira

Thanks Kira, I was in the process of booking one for June but just in the last few days I have decided to postpone for several reasons. Ever since I discovered this hidden world of HTs last year ive been like a child in a sweet shop and was charging into this decision and i wasnt 100% sure where i was going. I still have not completely satisfied the voices between agression and conservatism with my hairline design... I was planning on going conservative and touching it up if i felt the need but then a voice in my head is now saying go and get it densly packed up the front all in one go!. Im trying to reason with that second voice as i am approaching 30 and it may just be me going through an early mid life crises and i dont want to end up with the equivilant of a flash new sports car and younger woman on my head if that makes sense!!

Im also lucky in that meds are working well for me in my thinning areas and have only been on them for 9 months so im tempted to give them another year or so to mature etc.

Thanks again for asking, i look forward to seeing more results from Dr Arocha.

Thanks ManinSpace,

LOL, "equivilant of a flash new sports car and younger woman on my head if that makes sense!! We know too well what you mean! Dr. Arocha likes to maximize outcomes, sometimes this means densely packed hairlines other times not. It is a complicated topic, it is best to go to a reputable, ethical, and experienced surgeon who will keep your best interest in mind! Have a great weekend.

Any improvement in hair towards the face is a good one. Considering this patients rather aggressive MPB, Dr. Arocha did another outstanding job! Graft placement was perfect!!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks ManinSpace- There are many reputable surgeons out there, which is why it's so important to do your research. I'd like to direct you to an article I recently wrote on which factors you should consider before a hair transplant: Factors to Consider Before a Hair Transplant - 24-Feb-12: Hair Transplant Dallas article: contact Kira Taniguchi . I hope it sheds some light on the decision making process.

Thanks, RCWest! Dr. Arocha appreciates it!

~Kira

Thanks for that Kira thats very considerate of you. I read that with interest and then browsed the site, you have a number of results on patients similar to me who used in the region of 1200-2000 grafts, That would make the whole difference to me and i like your clinics approach in that Dr Arocha appears to generally create hairlines which look nice and strong now but that will also be age appropriate down the line, that is very important to me. When im 50 I dont want to look like Im trying to be a skater boi!

I am certainly feeling more prepared and researched so thanks, like you say in your article, its a lifetime decision so everything that helps make that decision is sincerely appreciated.

Haha- Thanks NHP! I'm glad you enjoyed the article. More to come soon. Come back anytime! Houston has the best Mexican food!!!!

And yes, ManinSpace- you hit the nail on the head. Dr. Arocha's approach consists of creating hairlines that will look great at the moment, but also remain age appropriate in the future! I'll be adding more articles and blog posts in the near future.

~Kira