1500 Grafts/temple points Dr. Feller

hairthere

1500 grafts....way more than I expected. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Feller and his staff. A little out of it now so more to come....

5b32d1592f90d_Photo100.jpg.8ea178eedc5fe4b6d1dd3f659e4411c2.jpg

5b32d1594449c_Photo101.jpg.ab9daa5fdcba6b9c7770c073b9d266d4.jpg

5b32d1595a7b2_Photo102.jpg.7f875822b6e48ea3c1184237e62c063b.jpg

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks guys! This was a strip. The goal was to try for 1200 grafts and finish the temple points, close the temples, and hit the forelock. Even Dr. Feller was surprised at how many grafts they were able to get.

This was one of the roughest procedures for me as the techs had to angle me in order to do the temples properly and I had a pretty bad stiff neck/shoulder. They did an incredible job though and were so great to me--such a dedicated and professional staff. Thanks again to them and of course Dr. Feller!

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairthere

Congrats!!! I guess you are about 100 percent transplanted hair now huh??? Anymore grafts in the bank? I know thats gotta be close...anyway, gonna look solid bro!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

@orl, Agreed man. Dr. Feller actually let me design the temples and tps myself which I thought was pretty cool as I had a good idea of what I wanted. He then was a little more aggressive as we had a surplus of grafts.

@Newhair, Yeah, I'm almost 100% HT now. Dr. Feller said I'm a NW6 actually. He also said I am an ideal HT candidate as I have amazing laxity. I think I have one more strip in the bank and some FUE too.

@orl, Agreed man. Dr. Feller actually let me design the temples and tps myself which I thought was pretty cool as I had a good idea of what I wanted. He then was a little more aggressive as we had a surplus of grafts.

@Newhair, Yeah, I'm almost 100% HT now. Dr. Feller said I'm a NW6 actually. He also said I am an ideal HT candidate as I have amazing laxity. I think I have one more strip in the bank and some FUE too.

Great news!!! Get some rest buddy!! I can now say" I know how you feel"

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Im sure it will be a great result. I have the ask the question tho. Did you talk to him about not shaving you? Do you think a doc as skilled as Feller could have given you just as good of a result by being very careful in placement?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker: The tech team's job was very difficult even with the hair shaved to angle those grafts properly. (Remember, almost 1200 grafts had to be placed at an angle so the hair would grow flat.) I could not imagine if they would have had the added obstacle of pushing existing hair out of the way. Honestly, and I'm a HT vet with a high threshold for pain and discomfort, I'm not sure I could have taken laying with my body angled like that for much longer. So in the interest of the greater good, I had no problem with shaving.

Sean: Thanks! I'm pretty psyched with them....

Despite getting zero sleep last night (I'm a side sleeper and with that not being an option it was a little rough getting comfy) I feel much better today. No need for pain meds.

NHP, I have a weird reaction with Vicodin. It kills the pain and makes me feel really good after one dose (almost high) and then it just works like Tylenol on me. So why not just take Tylenol? But honestly I woke this morning with zero pain, just some tightness in the donor. Swelling is mostly in the tp area right now, just a tad in the forelock. I don't think I'll have the Klingon look this time around. I hear you on the brew!

NHP: Yes, your tps look solid. My temple points had receded really far back. I've seen plenty of high norwood guys with good temple points. Did dr.rahal mention if you had any miniaturization?

Looking forward to your next result mate. All the best grow well and heal well.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

NHP: Yes, your tps look solid. My temple points had receded really far back. I've seen plenty of high norwood guys with good temple points. Did dr.rahal mention if you had any miniaturization?

He didn't mention it...he did say it was not an area of concern...:)

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Congrats again hairthere. The work looks solid as usual from Dr. Feller. You are well on your way to the Hair Hall of Fame! :D

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

@bonker and Aaron: thanks bros! I feel really good about this hairline and temple points.

Josh: my first HT was in 2005. At the time my wife and I were trying to conceive so I got off the meds. Then I decided I would rather just lose my hair naturally and replace with HT hairs, and that's exactly what I've done, so i'd say almost all of my hair is now HT from hairline to back. It feels better to be almost 40 and know that my hair is now permanent rather than having to still worry about when propecia will lose its effectiveness.

So I was able to get some sleep last night (probably thanks in part to being able to shower). I did take one more Vicodin (two total) to help me sleep, but I have zero pain right now. Swelling has diminished greatly in the temples, but has started in the middle of my forehead a bit. Hopefully it drains quickly. I have to say that the strip scar looks amazingly clean this time. There is virtually no blood around the staples (zero seepage onto the pillows from it) and I feel almost no tightness. Very different than my other surgeries where I felt a constant pulling on the scalp for a few days. Perhaps it's because this strip was not as wide? Dr. Feller did say he was able to remove 95% of the previous scar, which had stretched a bit (due to my natural laxity I think). Hopefully this one stays pencil thin.

Edited by hairthere

Have you asked feller exactly why good laxity causes scar stretching because logically it makes no sense and I've only ever heard him say it I'd be interested to know his reasoning. The good news for you is if his theory is correct then you should get a great scar this time as your laxity will be tight now.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

bonker: we never really discussed it and he did not say it had stretched because of my laxity, that was just my guess. My theory is that if your skin stretches easily the scar could stretch easily too. I do see your point as well though.

richie: thanks bro, I will certainly keep updating. And technically it's 5 HTs' although I don't really count the first one with Karamikian as a proper HT.

Edited by hairthere

Yes it's a possibility but when I think about it i think that the less constant tension the better as it will give it more time to heal strong. The reason why it interests me is my scar stretched and I still have visible slack skin around my scar therefore fellers theory makes sense in my case but no sense in logic.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1