Hair Transplant procedure Doctor Radha Rani

RodG

Hi Guys,

Sorry that I haven't posted in quite some time. I've been waiting to for the full effect of my hair transplant to be ready for me to assess prior to making comments. First up the scar from my donor area is very good and I'm happy with it. If you have a look at my original post you will see that I had probably about 30 - 35 hair follicles in my hair hairline which was a result from my first hair transplant with DHT Clinic ie. Doctor Kulakarn.

Doctor Radha transplanted 30 grafts to a depth of about 6 - 7 cms to add density to my first HT. At this stage I am 9.5 months post operation and whilst I have seen some minor improvements in my hairline it is still very see through and the density is disappointing. In my crown region where I had 20 double grafts transplanted it appears to be better and the result is an improvement.

I'm not really sure what to say at this stage. I will send some photos thru to Doctor Radha and ellicit her comments. I don't really think I'm prepared to have another procedure at this stage. I'm 51 years old and I've had a decent results, particularly from my first HT with DHT Clinic.

Anyway, I'll post some photos in the next few weeks for members to review. I'm totally not into bagging people, I'm not a drama queen who has unrealistic expectations either.

Cheers Rod

Edited by RodG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't sound too good for you, but doesn't it also take a bit longer for a second procedure to come through?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

its five months for me with dr radha.

scar is wider thn i expected and if i shave the back it looks so bad everyone comments... so i dont ..

on the positive side... the hair is growing in the front and everyone has commented that its looking better than the completley empty look earlier.. but its still totally see thru and not good enough for me to walk around without a cap or headscarf...

im usinf saw palmetto all thru and i dont know if it helps but it sure has upped my libido after a month of no libido when i first used it... so im nott ocmplaining ....

im being patient with the thing.. lets c how it goes..... until now i still wud say radha has done a good job.... on an impatient me !

its five months for me with dr radha.

scar is wider thn i expected and if i shave the back it looks so bad everyone comments... so i dont ..

Interesting..I thought Dr. Radha was known for pencil-thin scars. How closely are you shaving?

I've gotten mixed answers on how close you can shave without revealing the scar, ranging from a #2 to a #4. I prefer #2 in the back but I can live with a #3. I would consider FUE but due to my coarse, curly hair type I've read that FUE has too high of a transection rate.

Guys, I will write this post more objectively as the earlier one was really impulsive.

Firstly let me correct myself . It is not 5 months yet but 4.5 months since my HT.

Dr. Radha replied to my queries a few days ago which is extremely heartening because she makes it a point to take time out and support her patients.

The positive I can see right now is that there is hair growth for sure on all the bald area which once was totally hopeless. However, the density worries me because the scalp is still very see through and the hairs are not really grown yet.

Now, the scar which I measured time and again before it started getting hidden ( i made my mum measure it too )within the growing hair is definitely close to a cm in width on the sides . The scar is also atleast .5cm thick at hte back. The pinkness and rawness Dr. Radha states is perhaps because my scalp complexion is rather pale (although I am Indian , my scalp is way lighter than my dark yellow / light brown facial complexion)

I have had people including my real aunt and uncle who havent got a clue I had a ht , that the scar looks absolutely horrible. everytime I take off my head scarf at home , my uncle constnatly comments about how ugly it looks . sorry but my family is very very superficial!!!

a few strangers who I got talking to asked me if I have had a brain surgery. So thats not heartening . My friends who I have shown the scar think its big and state its easily about a cm. But since I have had family measure it at the back I know its less and that my friends are overrating the width as they just make visual comments. So I wouldnt call it pencil thin.

YET AGAIN , to be fair to Dr. Radha, I know that lady puts so much hard work in making people like myself happy, and the fact that I am growing hair now , I have to appreciate her hard work with me. I have been a nightmare of a patient with the kind of tantrums I threw at the surgery table- to a point I forced her to inject me with anaesthesia, was rude to the indian sikkimese doctor who asked me to stay still - as I was just so restless. She did mention then that hte laxity of my scalp is a lot and thats why my scar could extend more than usual, however, I hadnt expected it to be so much considering all the post op pics I had seen of the other people! Besides if I have 'fair' growth by the 10th month, I probably would go back to her itself to fix the back area of my scalp as well.

I am not happy about the scar but hten again I dont really know if the scar is a normal one HT standards as I am not well read in that department. Pencil Thin sounds just so unbelievable because when you sleep on that area, it is bound to stretch quite a bit that pencil thin almost seems impossible.But so many have stated their scars are pencil thin that I wish I could see mine that way ! Its just not pencil thin and there are no two ways to it!

Edited by raulbrammin

Can you not keep your hair longer to cover the scar for now? Should be better than brain surgery comments. My scar is covered by hair and takes my mum ages to find now that the hair is growing and the scar is fading.

The new hair is not going to be perfect hair yet. If the timeline for final result is 18 months, why are you worrying about density at 4.5 months?

I'm 4 months and 3 days, I have lots of new growth but it's still not thick or dense. These things take time, be patient! I wish I could be one of these early growers where it looks like a full result very soon......but we can't all be that way. At least you have hair growing! Give it time to thicken and mature.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Many thanks for your comments raulbrammin and I sorry that your not happy with your scar. I was wondering, the way dr radha does her pencil line scars, shouldnt some of the grafts be growing through your scar??

I'm at month 2 of my transplant with Dr Radha. My scar is basically invisible, razor thin and somehow has hair growing from it. I'm at the shedding stage but some random transplants have survived and are now really, really long.. I refuse to cut them out of principle! I can already see new hair coming through (not normal scalp fuzz but actual fine and long hairs) so I'm hoping it's all going to be early! I'll make a new thread soon with some images. I think stressing about the transplant and the outcome is 'biologically perilous'. Placing so much excess stress on your body with a subconscious full of doubt will not help your body. Like a cold sore or a flu virus - the best way to be sick or prolong an illness is to be stressed. Stay happy, smile lots and enjoy the ride that is life..

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks for your comments raulbrammin and I sorry that your not happy with your scar. I was wondering, the way dr radha does her pencil line scars, shouldnt some of the grafts be growing through your scar??

To be fair , yes lots of hairs are growing out through the scar. But somehow the scar looks rather thick ..... I am concerned that this term pencil thin does not practically exist. Its just a word used for better effect ?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Rodg for You. Maybe you will have to wait a little bit more for the final result. And some treatment (histogen, replicell...) could help you in a near future.

As far as i am concerned, my scar is good. Except some redness (which is normal i suppose), i cannot feel it when i touch the back of my head.

I'm only 3 months post op (with Dr radha) so i'm in the waiting phase. You can check the pics on my blog if you 'd like to.

It's certainly normal for a second HT to take longer than usual. But you look already great. Good luck !

Hi,

No need to be sorry for me. I look great compared with where I started before my first hair transplant. I will wait for 12 months before judging my results. It seems like many of Doctor Radha's patients are having good results.

Cheers Rod

• 4 weeks later...
I'm at month 2 of my transplant with Dr Radha. My scar is basically invisible, razor thin and somehow has hair growing from it. I'm at the shedding stage but some random transplants have survived and are now really, really long.. I refuse to cut them out of principle! I can already see new hair coming through (not normal scalp fuzz but actual fine and long hairs) so I'm hoping it's all going to be early! I'll make a new thread soon with some images. I think stressing about the transplant and the outcome is 'biologically perilous'. Placing so much excess stress on your body with a subconscious full of doubt will not help your body. Like a cold sore or a flu virus - the best way to be sick or prolong an illness is to be stressed. Stay happy, smile lots and enjoy the ride that is life..

Hi Jacob.

Could you please send me an email? I will be heading to dr Radha in march. I would like to ask you something.

Bassett747@yahoo.com.au

Thanks mate

Wade

• 6 months later...