I'm 18 - should I get finasteride?

lewisd123

Hi everyone

I'm 18 years old. I've used Regaine for almost 2 years and it has definitely slowed down my temple receding but it has got worse. As well as this, my hair is starting to thin at my crown quite quickly.

I know I started going bald very young which is why I'm wondering whether finasteride/propecia is worth doing. In all honesty, I am fine with going bald in the long run. However, I'm still at college and plan on going to university. I really want to be able to keep my hair thick and healthy throughout my teens and education. I know a lot of people can relate to that!

I've been recommended the site uk finasteride - Legitimate UK finasteride for hair loss

Is this what you use? Is it legitimate?

Any replies are greatly appreciated! Please help if you can.

Thanks,

Lewis

The website is legitimate Lewis.

Numerous forum members on this forum and others use their services to purchase finasteride.

I have been using it for a long while and Spex the hairloss expert( consultant for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey) personally uses them, as stated on his website.

Are you sure you are losing your hair as you are very young at 18 to be talking like this.

Have you got any pictures?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

The website is legitimate Lewis.

Numerous forum members on this forum and others use their services to purchase finasteride.

I have been using it for a long while and Spex the hairloss expert( consultant for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey) personally uses them, as stated on his website.

Thanks for the reply :) I'll definitely look into it more. My dad wants me to go to my GP first though to see what they recommend or if they'll refer me to any private practice as it is getting me down lately. I just want it to stop for a few years, or at least until I leave college.

Are you sure you are losing your hair as you are very young at 18 to be talking like this.

Yes, I'm definitely losing it. My family don't even deny that it's happening as it's becoming that obvious that they would be lying to make me feel better. I'm not the type of person to exaggerate it or be overly self-conscious about it haha, but I have done a lot of research over the past year :) my dad started receding in his early 20s so it's no shocker, I just wish it held off until I left education, or at least until I wasn't a teenager anymore.

As for photos, I really should upload some soon and I understand it will help people help me. I'll try to do that on my next post :) thanks for the help.

Upload some on here Lewis, as there will be many forum members on here, who will be willing to give their advice and opinions.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 2 weeks later...
hey dude i just turned 18 and i think i can relate, i dont care if it messes up my hormones, i need to save my hair, i am taking propecia

Are you serious? Do have any clue of the consequences?

If you have no side-effects at all, then by all means keep at it, but to say that you don't care that is messes your hormones, is suicidal to say the least.

If you don't mind the risk of being impotent for the rest of your life and becoming the equivalent of a 50 year old menopausal woman at 18 years old then go for it.

I took finasteride at 18 for the very same reasons that you propose. I wanted a nice head of hair so that my confidence remained intact throughout my university days. I bought myself some generic finasteride, rogaine, nizoral and i was away. I was impressed by this new world of pharmaceutical drugs to battle my hair loss and looked forward to having a healthy head of hair in my 20's.

Guess what?

Finasteride has left me with permanent side effects and i have lost my hair anyway. I had to drop out of a top London university due to not being able to study and generally being incredibly depressed at the fact that my dick no longer works and i have to watch all my friends living the happy, sexual lives that other young men are supposed to.

The best thing that any young man can do about there baldness is to accept that it is not a disease, take a look at the hellish things that 90% of the rest of the world go through and just move on. If they can't do that, then they should look into hair systems. Tackling baldness with pharmaceutical drugs is a bad idea - period.

Losing our hair sucks big time, there is absolutely no denying that. You can see today that going bald cracks even the most successful people today. Just look at Wayne Rooney, Lebron James and even the good looking bastard that is Jude Law. That guy has been a hat prisoner for the last year and he is one of the most desirable men on the planet. You just have to keep your chin up and make sure that it doesn't ruin you. If you have the confidence then shave your head right down to a grade 0. I shave my head completely bald with a razor every 3 days and i don't struggle to attract girls when i put myself out there. I have to admit that i am reluctant to flirt with girls anymore given the fact that my penis is pretty much dead.

To summarize. I honestly cannot believe that any male that has seen the 'other' studies and the recent press on finasteride can possibly take this drug.

Merck have taken down there Propecia and Proscar websites and replaced it with a helpline for side effects. It is almost comical that there are guys that have seen this and still take the drug. Why would they take the sites down if the drug is so safe? Some of you are spreading that Japanese study around as if it is legitimate and reliable. Are you fucking joking me? a study that shows 0.7% sexual side effects just as Merck are about to get sued, hahahaha. Anyone who honestly believes that study is either A) desperate to save their hair and lying to themselves to make them feel OK about taking finasteride or B) incredibly stupid and lacks logic/ common sense. Another hilarious thing about that study is that it was done in Japan; a nation that has recently received press for having a young male population that are completely uninterested in sex with real women.

The bald NW6 Merck executives are laughing all the way to the bank!

kenfjpg-5d99090c9d28bf59.jpg

clark-richard-merck.jpg

Edited by Fincarred

Fincarred

Im really sorry about your situation...I can't even begin too imagine..,however, I have been taking it for a long time with no sides...also, if you research all the lawsuits against all other drugs out there you will be surprised at who all is getting sued...Prozac- they say it causes depression and drive people to murder, yet they still prescribe it..Paxil- same thing..etc.....the fact is, you can take probably any FDA approved drug and turn it into a lawsuit unfortunately...that is just the way the legal system is...A BUNCH OF CROOKED LAWYERS WANTING TOO MAKE MONEY.... Im certainly not saying some are justified, but some are certainly not!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Actually anti depressants like Prozac are destroying lives just like finasteride is. There are two forums dedicated to permanent side effects very similar to what finasteride causes.

Big pharma is a monopoly worth billions of dollars. Humans lives come second to profit margins. We should expect drugs have side effects, fair enough. But people should know whether taking a drug could potentially affect the rest of there lives.

I take your point and thanks for the sympathy. By the way, there are guys on propeciahelp that took the drug for over 10 years with no side effects whatsoever and months, even years later there penis to brain connection was lost, among the other horrible side effects.

I hear you bro. Plus I did not mean it in a bad way I do care about my health and most importantly my.penis. I workout 3-5 times a week. Go jogging daily. And dont even take protien shakes. At this point I just wanted to try it for 6 month if it goes bad and if I get hit with any sideeffeccts I will stop. I have been takink it for two weeks so far only my sperm is watery and girl says my sex drive is the same or even better cuz I somehow can last longer.

If this goes well and my result are show after 6 months I will keep it on till my university years. Once I hit 21. Ill be ready for hair transplant and wouldnt have to worry much abt my penis. I really hope no side effect get me till then. I met few who took this pill and got outstanding results. I for one am just saving my hair.

I hear you bro. Plus I did not mean it in a bad way I do care about my health and most importantly my.penis. I workout 3-5 times a week. Go jogging daily. And dont even take protien shakes. At this point I just wanted to try it for 6 month if it goes bad and if I get hit with any sideeffeccts I will stop. I have been takink it for two weeks so far only my sperm is watery and girl says my sex drive is the same or even better cuz I somehow can last longer.

If this goes well and my result are show after 6 months I will keep it on till my university years. Once I hit 21. Ill be ready for hair transplant and wouldnt have to worry much abt my penis. I really hope no side effect get me till then. I met few who took this pill and got outstanding results. I for one am just saving my hair.

Hair is very important at 18...shoot even at my age of 38...however I was with you in losing at 18...listen to me on this one...if propecia works, and you don't experience sides, DONT STOP TAKING IT!!! you will save yourself a lot of money in the long run not having transplants..also, even at 21, you are still VERY YOUNG to have a transplant without being on and staying on preventative meds!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

being incredibly depressed at the fact that my dick no longer works and i have to watch all my friends living the happy, sexual lives that other young men are supposed to.

I have to admit that i am reluctant to flirt with girls anymore given the fact that my penis is pretty much dead.

What everybody or a significant portion of a group does must not necessarily be a model for one's life. Take for example hair-loss, you said it yourself, perhaps if only people accepted their hair-loss even if many other people don't suffer from it, then they'd stop harming themselves with the medication's side-effects. One could apply it to sexlife as well. There are many other emotional experiences out there.

For example, you mention that you don't want to flirt with girls because of your issue. As if the only thing with an opposite sex relationship is coitus. There are many beautiful things like affection and hanging out which makes those relationships worth the effort. It may be frustrating when the time comes to explain your issue, but it may be much worse to hide yourself in your room never even trying.

I am going bald now. And I haven't ever been happier in my life. I just realized how stupid it is to feed this shallow notion of judging people by their looks. She doesn't like me because of my baldness, great, that eliminates one more worthless time-waster.