Open Letter to Dr. Rahal

gattaca

Its been about 14 months since my surgery with Dr. Rahal. I received approximately 3500 grafts. I do have a big update coming soon with pictures and hopefully a video. but The reason

for this post is to write a public Thank you letter to Dr. Rahal.

Iv been struggling with hair loss for the past 10 years. about 3 years ago it had become noticeable to the point that hats and lots of toppik were really the only way I would go out of the house. I know many

here can sympathize with a loss of self esteem. The chances of one day living with a girl or even marrying seemed like would never happen. Obviously having low self esteem didn't help but more

so about living with a girl who would see me and my hair at its worst. Waking up in the morning with the thought of having a person in the house who would see my bald spots was just something that really scared me. Even close family members would only see me with a hat or with toppik to cover up my very thinning and balding hairline.

When I saw Dr. Rahal's work on hair transplant network. I was blown away by the quality of his hairlines. One reason I never really considered a hair transplant before was that the results seemed so comb over like. Meaning you just looked like you had a better comb over. OR the hairlines were soo high that the aesthetics to ME was not very appealing. I WANTED MY 21 year old hairline back. I didn't want to settle for a better comb over after spending 10-15k.

Last month, I bought a engagement ring for my girlfriend who I'm living with. 14 months after my surgery, I have gained the confidence and excitement about the future that I haven't had for a long time. those nights wanting to pull my hair out because of the amount of hair in the sink are behind me. Those Friday nights staying home because I was depressed over my hair are behind me.

Dr. Rahal, thank you for giving me a chance to live my life with confidence. Due side affects from propecia and monoxidel i know that my journey with hair loss is not over. Until there is a full cure for hair loss its something that many of us have to continue to battle. Having the option of being able have a nice hairline makes it easier.

Gattaca

Gattica,

That is one of the reasons I chose Dr Rahal too. I could have had a transplant 10 times cheaper in my home country but the combover effect is exactly what I wanted to avoid. Due to my advanced level of hair loss I have to compromise on a low hariline but thats ok. I am still just a bit over 3 months post op so its early days for me but I can the art in his work in the way the little tiny hairs are coming out. The transplanted area seems reasonably full already like its never been for the past 6 years or so and I never comb it ! I just hope it continues to grow and grow on schedule :)

Well said and i echo your comments. Dr. Rahal has completely changed my appearance. Not only was I able to achieve "More hair" and not look bald but I can carry on a very good hairstyle with only one large procedure on a NW 5. What sets Dr. Rahal apart in my opinion is that he is ultra consistent, he gets you to where you want to be in less procedures, his scars are ultra thin, and he is just a really nice guy who cares. I know many other docs have some of these qualities as well but I think Dr. Rahal is the complete package. Personally, I would trust several docs to perform a good procedure on me but Dr. Rahal and SMG are the only clinics that I know with certainty would satisfy me 100%. Interestingly, these two clinics have pretty different approaches so one has to decide which is the best fit for them.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

gattaca,

Congratulations winning the battle with hair loss. It's clear that you are thrilled with your results and that it's positively impacted you in many ways.

Best of luck on your upcoming nuptials!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website