I cancelled my second procedure with my initial doctor, and chose Dr. Carlos Wesley

I am having my second, an FINAL procedure with Dr. Carlos Wesley. I have great faith in his abilities, I am involved in his clinical trial already for his groundbreaking new harvesting technique, and he seems like more of a friend, than just your surgeon. These are qualities that I feel doctor needs to be effective with their patients. Not to mention his results are great, and he is partners with one of the legends in the world of Hair Transplantation, Dr. Walter Unger. They guy wrote the bible of the religion of Transplantology, so consider me a Transplantologist. All kidding aside, I am excited for my upcoming procedure on 2/20.

2/14/2011 Surgery #1 Dr. Ivan Cohen - 1539 grafts, 1's - 475

2's - 989

3's - 75

2/20/2012 Surgery #2 Dr. Carlos Wesley - 2570 grafts

I think Shapiro was one of the doctors along with Bernstein, and Unger who wrote the first book on HT. He did your procedure, how is that coming along?

2's - 989

3's - 75

Yes Dr. Ron did co-author that book......I think the 5th edition was done this year! My HT is coming along great.....could not be more pleased. I am just over 7 months and going for a check up with SMG on 1/31. I have all of my photos on my page link below. I really like the work I have seen from Dr. Wesley, so looking forward to seeing your progress. Also, very interested in hearing about his new technique when he reveals it.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Fakeplstctrees,

Congratulations on choosing Dr. Wesley for your next hair transplant surgery. I had the privilege of meeting and speaking with him in person and just recently, spoke with him via Skype video conferencing to learn more about a new technique he's innovating to eliminate hair transplant scarring. While he certainly has his work cut out for him, I'm very excited about what he's done so far and seeing how this develops in the months to come. Dr. Wesley has every intention of sharing his new technique in great detail with our patient community as he moves further along.

You will be in skilled hands and I hope you share your detailed experience and photos so we can all following your hair restoration journey.

Best wishes,

Bill

Congratulations on your surgery with Dr. Wesley. I'm very impressed with him and his research.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hello my glossy headed brethren,

Thank you all for your support. I feel very confident in deciding to have Wesley do my second procedure. Like I said before, I am involved in his clinical trial, and I know for a fact that his method will work, and change the playing field.

I am having a tried and true FUT strip procedure with him, I wouldn't benefit from his scarless process anyway, as I have already gone under the knife, and have a linear scar. I know he will minimize scarring with a good trichophytic closure, and maybe down the road, I will have a minor FUE session, to completely fill in the linear scar, and be able to have short hair.

I am just anxious to get it over with. my patience has been tested, having a procedure a year ago, waiting for results that were unsatisfactory. now I am having a second one done, and there is still so much waiting. now its for the procedure, then it will be for the results. at least I know my results will be wonderful this time.

Edited by fakeplstctrees

2's - 989

3's - 75

• 4 weeks later...

Well,

I'm a week away from surgery number two, 2200 grafts (3700 grafts combining both surgeries). Although it may sound silly, I am more nervous going into the second procedure, than I was for the first. It may be because I did not get the results I was seeking and expecting from my first surgeon, who I will not name. But this time I am going with Wesley, and I know I should just mellow out, and have faith in his ability. Any thoughts, or advice from some more experienced individuals?

2's - 989

3's - 75

Just because you were not totally satisfied with your first procedure, I doubt the community here would feel as if you were bashing your first doc if you were upfront about it and said who it was. This forum should not only be able to accept glowing reviews but also honest and less than glowing reviews as well... that's what this forum is all about.

As far as the butterflies you are experiencing, it is simply normal and I wouldn't overthink it as you mentioned. I reviewed your pictures and your first procedure wasn't all that bad, I think we always tend to be harder on ourselves than we should be. My second procedure was easier than the first for me. I'm sure a few valium will be made available to you if you are still stressed the day of, but I'm sure it will be a walk in the park especially in light of how comfortable you are with Dr. Wesley.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you all very much for the reassurance. It's a delicate time for a HT patient. I can't wait to have the results I have been expecting for over a year now. I am sure Wesley will come through for me.

I am not unsatisfied with the work of my first surgeon, for 1500 grafts, he did excellent work, top notch actually. I am just upset that we only went with 1500 grafts, that was not nearly enough for the results i was seeking. So that is where he let me down. And fine, Staggerlee, you are right. This forum exists to share information in this this tight knit community, whether it be good or bad. I will reveal the name of my initial surgeon on my profile. I will say this though, his work really is top notch, he is very accomplished, and a fine surgeon. He just went far too conservative with me, I had nowhere near the density I sought. So I am unhappy with his misjudgement in this case.

I can't wait to do this with Wesley though!!!!

2's - 989

3's - 75

• 1 month later...

After you received the transplant did you have much swelling of your face? How about pain afterwards?

Were you able to wash your hair and spray or blow dry the originals hairs? Were you advised to stay out of sun?

In all how long did it take for you to see results ?

• 2 months later...

Aside from all the technical and important medical data to be shared about Dr. Wesley, I'd like to put a word in about this physician's particularly impressive follow-up with his patients. I have worked with many doctors over many years, but never yet encountered someone who spends as much time with his patients, really listening and explaining. That alone is an exceptional, if not wholly unique aspect of working with Dr. Wesley. I've never felt rushed or neglected for a moment. After both of my procedures, Carlos checked with me personally on his own initiative. He wanted to make certain that the healing was of the highest quality. I could go on and on about this, but suffice it to say, that any patient of Dr. Wesley is going to receive the highest quality care and the most carefully considered plan for placement of the grafts. This is as good as it gets, in my humble opinion. Anyone unsure of where to begin, a little wary of the whole industry, can gratefully put aside his or her reservations. If several procedures are recommended, trust that the strategy will be the finest, and always in the patient's best interest.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Realizing that this section is rather sacred territory for patients and viewers who are considering the HT procedure (i.e. No Docs!), I still wanted to update the community on fakeplstctrees simply because a number of my patients have inquired about his progress.

Firstly, he is very well and since his procedure with me has become a friend and someone who has subsequently referred others to my office for surgical treatment of their hair loss. For reasons of his choosing, he is no longer very active in the Internet community (as far as I am aware).

So, to allay any concerns or questions people may have about his progress, I am posting images of his progress at the 19th month postoperatively. Comparisons are made between before the procedure, on the day the surgical pattern was designed, and 9 days after the procedure.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

I would have loved to see a top-down shot, but it seems like a nice improvement.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 months later...

I couldn't have chosen a better surgeon in my opinion. I received natural looking results, that are entirely undetectable. I had many different styling options, but I have lost a lot of the native hair over the subsequent years. I believe nearly every hair Dr Wesley transplanted has taken root, and will be there for the rest of my life. I am not sure why I lost my native hair, but Dr. Wesley is going to help me with that as well. He is a top notch surgeon, and stands by his work. My hair still looks great, but it isn't quite as dense as it was about a year post op. I would recommend Dr Wesley to anyone interested in restoring their hair, to at least consult with him. I am glad that I chose him, and I like to think that I gained a friend in the process.

2's - 989

3's - 75