Dr. Alba Reyes Sagiv anyone know anything about her

• 1 month later...

i went to her office in january and gave her a deposit.. but i am still researching her too! i have a procedure scheduled on the 12th of march... I just saw the pictures from 2yrcoverup and the scars do not look good! i am scared to say the least.. however i have a friend that is an actor.. Christian Carrabias (latin actor) and he had a procedure done with her and with good results.. so i am unsure

I am supposed to go down there on the 23rd of March and just today I saw the posts about her on other sites as well. Geeee, what to do? There are a LOT of bad posts but then there are good ones too. She charges $4500 and the same thing state side is what $10-15,000. That is why I looked on the internet about a cheaper solution but don't want to be scared the rest of my life. Anyone have a good experience with her besides your actor friend?

R

I have no information regarding this doctor good or bad. However, for those that are considering going abroad for hair transplant surgery, why not consider one of the many doctors we recommend worldwide with very competitive pricing?

Use our interactive map to locate our recommended physicians in India, Pakistan and Thailand. These docs are doing exceptional work.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 4 weeks later...
I am supposed to go down there on the 23rd of March and just today I saw the posts about her on other sites as well. Geeee, what to do? There are a LOT of bad posts but then there are good ones too. She charges $4500 and the same thing state side is what $10-15,000. That is why I looked on the internet about a cheaper solution but don't want to be scared the rest of my life. Anyone have a good experience with her besides your actor friend?

R

Folks

I just returned from her clinic a week ago. I could not be happier. Compared to the treatment I got from my first transplant state side her office was way beyond satisfactory. She is professional, kind, compassionate as well as is every member of her staff. The resort she puts you up in knows why you are there and I received good treatment from customer service instead of the front desk. And to show you how much these people care, her assistant Vanessa came to my room on a Saturday night to check on me.

If anyone wants any more info, contact me and I'll be happy to answer. Oh yes, she does do a hell of a mega session.

Col. Neal

Hi Colneal,

Its great that you had a good experience with this doctor and her team were professional. If you wish to help other prospective patients you should create a blog and post your results as they come in.

In my case I recently had a good experience with a newly recommended surgeon from this website. I am only 2 months post operation and its difficult for me to recommend to someone when I can't see the results at this stage. We have many posters who post on the forum about surgeons who have minimal feedback on the forum and then the person doesn't follow up with results.

Good luck and I hope you have a great result.

Regards Rod

I was scared and skeptical about this Doctor.. I can honestly say that she truely is professional and that she will give you the best transplant that she can give you whether that will be more.. or in some cases less. I wanted my hairline , temple points AND my crown worked on.. but I went to other Doctors prior to visiting her to get opinions and quotes as well as professional recommendations.. Dr Jeffery Epstein who is highly reputable quoted me 12000 to do 2200 grafts along my hairline and temples. I was ready to pay this but i did not have the money.. but at 37 years old, i cannot afford to make a mistake on choosing solely on price. I did my research and took a visit down to the Dominican Republic, to speak to the doctor and actually didnt get to see her because i ran out of time.. it was actually my fault. anyway.. I put down the deposit and left.. after I left i felt good about taking ownership to a plan to do something with this doctor. I can honestly say that in March 3rd i flew back and spent 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic.. I met with the doctor.. did the labs.. I took my time.. Spoke with Vanesa Bos.. she is fantastic and speaks excellent english (she is dutch) > Dr Reyes also speaks english very well as does her husband Eldad. I met with Dr Reyes a week before the procedure and she was extremely honest and professional during my eval. I had 2 previous sessions of 1100 and 800 grafts.She recommended that i focus on the hairline and the temple points.. and said that she did not reccomend the crown area due to the tightness and donor area at this time.. I must say... I really felt relief hearing this doctor take a professional approach.. but I was also educated knowing what other well respected surgeons recommended on previous evaluations/ consultations. I ended up getting 2200 grafts and it looks pretty good. i had alot of swelling in the recipient area and i took lots of pictures.. I will upload them .. so far it looks pretty good. I used the graftcyte spray i had from a previous session in 2007. I dont know if that spray has an expiration date but it seemed to work well alleviating the tightness on the recipient area and kept the grafts moist.

Hi,

Why don't you create a blog and show your results to the community over the coming months. Whilst you had a good experience with the procedures its the end results that forum members and prospective clients of this doctor need to see.

Good luck,

Regards Rod

I know she tells at least some patients that she trained in our clinic. Problem is, we are not aware of any training she's had here:0

Dr. Reyes considers your boss, Dr. Jerry Wong as one of the most esteem surgeon in the field and also a good friend.

Before posting information that may cause some confusion and doubt about Alba Reyes’s honesty, why don’t you ask Dr. Wong if Dr. Reyes visited him at his clinic (not as a patient) during Feb. 2007?

The audience are waiting to see your response, therefore please show us how much sincere you are (Dr. Reyes can send you a photo of her and your boss at his clinic).

• 10 months later...
Just go to her website and you will see many pictures :)

Hi everybody,

I just found out about this network site,which I think it can help a lot of people to make the right decisions about hair treatment/transplant.

I did my research on hair transplant a few years ago and visited a few doctor in the Miami area and I also did my omework on dr Alba Reyes of Santo Domingo,Dominican Republic,send them emails and call them and I requested to talk to a few of their patients from the U.S. Which I did do,call aout three of them,one of them was a doctor from Virginia,and got form all of them very good comments onnthe results of the hair transplant done by Dr. Alba Reyes and I dcided to go there and get it done.

My first procedure was the front of my head on August of 2011 and last year June of 2012 I had done my second procedure on the crown area. Im ver y happy with the rsults,which my main concern was tomhave a procedure donenthat would look natural. When I tell people that Ihave a hair transplant done they are very impressed on how natural and good looks.

I hope my experience and comments can help some skeptical people about going abroad to have the procedure done.

I know she tells at least some patients that she trained in our clinic. Problem is, we are not aware of any training she's had here:0

Please ask Dr. Wong about your post, probably he will ask you to be more sincere with the audience next time you may put a post like this.

There are assistants that are getting commissions upon their success to bring new clients to the physician's facility, few of them are experts of arming the competitions by posting falls information on the Internet. Most of them will never post their real names…..Upon your request we may send to you few photos of Dr. Wong and Dr. Reyes at Dr. Wong’s clinic.

Dr. Wong is a great surgeon and a good friend of Dr. Reyes. Unfortunately he has someone like you that has “light hands” on the computer’s keyboard.

Sincerely,

Eldad Sagiv

• 6 months later...

I've not had any dealings with any doctor on this thread but can associate with the scar problem you have barpaza. I've been left with ugly scars on the back of my head as well and have been banned from the clinic after requesting surgery to repair the damage that was caused by the surgeon.

My advice is to warn people on sites like this to avoid them falling into the same trap... a doctors reputation is everything. Once legitimate complaints come in backed with evidence (pics etc) their reputation and name is effectively ruined costing them thouands. Unfortunately many are stupid enough to believe you will just disappear into the night suffering. If this doctor really has caused this misery, then put your pics of the scar with your face hidden on every public place you can think of.. youtube, facebook ,twitter with the doctors name and let others judge for themselves.

I'd also advise getting a copy of your medical records and dragging the doctor through every court the law will allow. Lifes too short to allow these people to walk over you mate whilst these people enjoy a millionaire type lifestyle at your expense.

Dr. Reyes considers your boss, Dr. Jerry Wong as one of the most esteem surgeon in the field and also a good friend.

Before posting information that may cause some confusion and doubt about Alba Reyes’s honesty, why don’t you ask Dr. Wong if Dr. Reyes visited him at his clinic (not as a patient) during Feb. 2007?

The audience are waiting to see your response, therefore please show us how much sincere you are (Dr. Reyes can send you a photo of her and your boss at his clinic).

I'm not disputing that Dr. Reyes has ever been to our office. I'm disputing that she "trained" in our office. We've had dozens of doctors in our office over the years but it doesn't mean they've trained here. Watching a procedure being performed is not the same as being trained. I can show you a picture of me and the band LMFAO at a dinner table full of steaks and drinks in Madrid Spain but it doesn't mean I'm part of the band. I can show you a picture of me at the Ferrari factory in Maranello but it doesn't mean I'm an F1 driver. Dr. Alba Reyes has never trained in our clinic, period, so she should stop telling patients she has.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I can show you a picture of me and the band LMFAO at a dinner table full of steaks and drinks in Madrid Spain but it doesn't mean I'm part of the band. I can show you a picture of me at the Ferrari factory in Maranello but it doesn't mean I'm an F1 driver.

"I'm sexy and I know it!"

• 1 year later...
I was scared and skeptical about this Doctor.. I can honestly say that she truely is professional and that she will give you the best transplant that she can give you whether that will be more.. or in some cases less. I wanted my hairline , temple points AND my crown worked on.. but I went to other Doctors prior to visiting her to get opinions and quotes as well as professional recommendations.. Dr Jeffery Epstein who is highly reputable quoted me 12000 to do 2200 grafts along my hairline and temples. I was ready to pay this but i did not have the money.. but at 37 years old, i cannot afford to make a mistake on choosing solely on price. I did my research and took a visit down to the Dominican Republic, to speak to the doctor and actually didnt get to see her because i ran out of time.. it was actually my fault. anyway.. I put down the deposit and left.. after I left i felt good about taking ownership to a plan to do something with this doctor. I can honestly say that in March 3rd i flew back and spent 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic.. I met with the doctor.. did the labs.. I took my time.. Spoke with Vanesa Bos.. she is fantastic and speaks excellent english (she is dutch) > Dr Reyes also speaks english very well as does her husband Eldad. I met with Dr Reyes a week before the procedure and she was extremely honest and professional during my eval. I had 2 previous sessions of 1100 and 800 grafts.She recommended that i focus on the hairline and the temple points.. and said that she did not reccomend the crown area due to the tightness and donor area at this time.. I must say... I really felt relief hearing this doctor take a professional approach.. but I was also educated knowing what other well respected surgeons recommended on previous evaluations/ consultations. I ended up getting 2200 grafts and it looks pretty good. i had alot of swelling in the recipient area and i took lots of pictures.. I will upload them .. so far it looks pretty good. I used the graftcyte spray i had from a previous session in 2007. I dont know if that spray has an expiration date but it seemed to work well alleviating the tightness on the recipient area and kept the grafts moist.

What ever happened to the before and after pictures? Can 2200 Grafts be done in one session instead of two? Thanks for your reply.

• 11 months later...

It's a minefield out there; Hope this helps.

ME:

Norwood 6. Around 50 y.o.

How I found out about Dr. Alba Reyes Sajiv:

Stumbled in to it. My family's from the Dominican Republic. I have friends there. About 4 years ago I was visiting and two of my friends had had transplants by her, They both had great experiences.Good looking, natural results and the price, of course was substantially below US prices. During that trip I went and visited her office. I'm a physician and know whether an office is set up right. It's set up right, I had no concerns about whether this was a legitimate operation or not (big concern when you go overseas of course). Met her, got a quote and never followed thru. She's very affable, obviously intelligent and dedicated. This is all she does.

The quote at the time was around $4K. It's not based on numbers of grafts, as opposed to usual US practice. Labor is cheap down in the DR. This is what she charges to do the best she can do, I like that model a whole lot better than the somewhat perverse and prone to manipulaton model of charging by the graft.

MY TRANSPLANTt:

After putting things off for a few years (there's never a good time) I got tired of the using- Toppik- worrying about rain-wind-using baseball caps- thing. I called and made an appointment for March 2015. I had a 2,270 grafts/4631 hairs transplant via strip method to the frontal area and have been incredibly impressed with the results and experience. Would do it all over again. At about six-months there was noticeable growth. At 9 months it had all filled in and at a year it's pretty dense. I often get comments that I look younger (people don't know that I've had a transplant). I should mention that we also did the PRP injection (platelet rich plasma infusion). They just take your own blood, spin it down and inject it into the donor and recipient areas. It's supposed to help with growth. Who knows.

NUTS AND BOLTS

GETTING THERE

For me I just flew down by myself, one of my friends picked me up at the airport. I chose to stay in a hotel. The JW Marriott is excellent and is in a very high-end mall (anchor store is a Louis Vuitton). Has good restaurants as well as a vey American food court as well as movie theater (movies there are shown in English with spanish subtitles). My understanding is that the tranplant center will arrange for pickup/dropoffs and reservations. If you want to go to a resort after the transplant and they'll set that up too.

THE ACTUAL TRANSPLANT

Started later than planned. Probably not until 1pm. After quick pre-op evaluation and discussion I was given oral sedatives, taken to procedure room and given IV propofol by an anesthesiologist. If you know anything about propofol then I don't need to tell you that I remember nothing after laying face down to harvest strip until after the entire procedure was done. I felt fine. No discomfort. Had a ham and cheese sandwich (man I was hungry). Friend picked me up, took me back to hotel. Decided to catch up with some other friends. They came over to hotel bar. I was wearing a "pirate bandana" they gave me as they discouraged using a baseball cap. I slept fine that night after a percocet and valium.

POST OP DAY #1:

I went back to Dr's office for first wash. Then spent day with friends and family.

POST OP DAY #2:

Tech from office came to hotel and washed my hair again. I the spent day visiting friends and family. Wore carefully placed baseball cap (pirate bandana was a little too conspicuous for me) and hung out with family.

POST OP DAY #3:

Flew back home. Had a couple moments of anxiety: taking cap off to go thru security (it doesn't look pretty), and when I felt a trickle of blood running down my face when one graft came out. Stopped quickly but that was an uncomfortable moment.

POST OP DAY # 3-10:

Facial edema. she uses A LOT of saline for the tumescence so as that dissipates some of it show up in your face. No biggy but my other friends that had transplants with her reported the same. She does send you home with antibiotics and antiinflammatories. I'm a bad patient and probably only took them the first few days. Wore surgical cap at work.

POST OP DAY # 14:

My wife took staples out (they give you a little easy-to-use device that pops them about easily) and I started using Romaine foam, which I continue to do until today 14 months post-op. They tell you to not use it for 2 month but there's really no consensus. I plan on using it long-term.

LONG TERM FOLLOW-UP

My initial plan was to do nothing more than the front. I was so impressed with results and experience at 6 months that I decided to get the crown done.

I could have easily gone back to Santo Domingo but didn't want to lose the extra two days of productivity. I found PAI Medical in Indianapolis. It was a quick drive for me. Although it was more than twice the cost of the original transplant I saved the costs of airfare, three days of hotel and two days of work. All in all, cost wise, probably close to a wash. My back of the envelope calculations say I spent $1,500 more by going to Indy... and that because I didn't get a vey good deal on the airfare, otherwise savings could have been better

There, in Indy, Dr Jeffrey Wesche performed another strip/FUT transplant. This time 1,081 grafts/ 4,445 hairs. Pleas notice that the total hair count is about the same although the graft count is about half of the original transplant, this is because they predominantly use what they call MUGH -multi-unit hair grafts- that have 4-6 hairs. The thought is that this creates better density and looks fine as long as not being used on hairline where they do use single hair grafts. If you look up Dr Bolton, he does the "Bolton Bundles". Same thing. Many others do similar. I found the explanations and results convincing, particularly for the crown area.

At seven months post-op from the second transplant, given how my last transplant really came in thick between months 9-12, I'm going to wait until the year is complete before writing a separate review for PAI/Dr. Wesche. I have wondered whether: (a) I should have just gone back to Santo Domingo or (b) waited a little longer between transplants as the people in Indy thought that lack of scalp laxity precluded a larger strip being taken.

I do want to add that for all the posts I have reviewed, my biggest frustration is how often time people only talk about "grafts". A graft can be anywhere between 1 or 6 hairs. You can have 4,000 singe hair grafts for a total of 4,000 hairs (duh) or , like me have a session of 2,200 or 1,100 grafts and still wind up with 4K+ hairs. I do think the convention is to assume a graft is usually two hairs but you don't really know. I would suggest that posters provide both pieces of information.

In summary, all in all, for those that are price sensitive and/or already are considering going to Dr. Alba Reyes Sajiv, based on my own and my friends experiences, I have no reservations in encouraging you to pursue that option.

image003.jpg.1d85f6a74c6db980d8aca77bfb25977b.jpg

• 7 months later...

No.

She did not recommend propecia that I can recall. I must say that at two years out, don't feel it would have helped as I'm very happy with results using just Romaine foam once daily. Have no interest in potential Propecia side effects.

A word of warning to those considering traveling to the the Dominican Republic for hair transplantation and other surgeries. Please dont. The horror stories abound the net. There are far safer, better alternatives elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
A word of warning to those considering traveling to the the Dominican Republic for hair transplantation and other surgeries. Please dont. The horror stories abound the net. There are far safer, better alternatives elsewhere.

Their are Horror stories in the USA.

Joan Rivers died on the table

Kanye west mother died while having plastic surgery.

And others we never heard of.

She is a legit doctor, well known to Latin singers, with a good practice.

People try and scare you not to leave the country , The truth is that the bad odds outweigh the good.

I have police officer friends that go to DR just to have dental work done, they save thousands and get good quality work done.

I have friends who have gone to spain so their wife and daughter can have some plastic surgeries.

USA hair transplant Doctors are out of control with there over charging prices, i just had a friend have a Hair transplant done in the USA NYC paid close to 15k and still needs more graphs, because these doctors in USA give you the least possible graphs. My friend was nickel and dimed at that NYC office. After strip was taken and Doctor put in the amount of graphs he paid for, He tells my buddy, Hey, i was able to yield more doner hair then what we agreed on, Would you like to have them implanted? My friend said sure, Doctor say's ok $3000.00 more. What was my friend to do? Let the Doctor just throw out the extra hairs from the strip? This is why i will not do my transplant in USA and will take my chances elsewhere. That's such a Horrible practice nickel and diming patients like that. What a shame.

Doctors should charge one fee and not per grapgh as this allowes them to jerk people. It's not like we actualy count the graphs. SMH what a shame.

Sorry, I vented a little, but the truth has to be said. We have Horror stories and deaths during plastic surgeries in the united states as well and more then we hear ofon the news.

Doctors in USA are a Ripoff.

MIlo12. That's not a fair comment.

I am a states-side physician. Very familiar with operating rooms and surgery centers. Prior to having FUT in 2015 with Dr Alba Reyes Sajiv, I had two close friends (they live there)have very good FUT's done there. I toured her facilities a few years before committing to the surgery, and I can tell you it's a legitimate surgery center that operates, best I could tell, to US standards. I can't speak of other places in the Dominican Republic. I don't know what they may be doing in those places; could be miracles, could be horrors, I don't know. But I do know that there's no horror stories going on at Dr Reyes Sajiv's office. Mind you, bad/suboptima outcomes can and do occur anywhere and everywhere. As I have mentioned before, I do like her model. You are charged a flat fee for services. Her motivation thus becomes to do the best job possible and not simply to crank up the number of grafts...there's something to be said about that.