A common confirmation request.

IrishAndroid

Okay. I hate to be one of these guys who are worrying and don't need to, because I expect that is common, but I need a little peace of mind. Keep in mind, I respect this forum and all who use it. I just turned twenty-nine and am staring down the barrel of thirty. I'd like to know if I should be doing a little something about myself, because I've noticed some thinning across my front hairline. I'm fairly comfortable about it, but I'd like an opinion. Much appreciated, in advance.

A link besides the attachments for ease of use.

Pictures by IrishAndroid - Photobucket

5b32d0fe1f7f2_Picture042.jpg.fa62ecd433a287d0d7c41b153f3be3ff.jpg

5b32d0fe2f14e_Picture043.jpg.4b6c7b6e105141f4e008c14671238734.jpg

5b32d0fe4616c_Picture045.jpg.ea4f4024da9bc56a99eb118d20695702.jpg

5b32d0fe56206_Picture047.jpg.3ee761eda0918364624156e7f2d5a2fe.jpg

I appreciate the reply. I'll try to upload a better picture. This netbook's webcamera isn't very good. What I'm really worried about is determining if I need to look into maintaining what I have, like you said. It's thinned out or diffused a little bit, which could be a maturing hairline; not sure on that.

Looks like it could be thinning a little, hard to tell. If it is miniturizing and you want hair thru your 30's I would consider preventative measures.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It looks to me as if there is some miniaturization going on for sure..however, you are in great shape with the amount of hair you have..my recommendation would be to certainly start finasteride ASAP..also, I would use rogaine foam at least once per day and Nizoral shampoo a couple of times a week!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Looks good to me. How's your crown? It's possible with a slightly high forehead that your future could hold some thinning, so I suggest like the others stated get on Propecia as soon as possible. And stay on it, many people stop taking it because they don't see any new growth. But think of it more as a tool to stop or reduce new loss than regrowth. Afterall if you can "stop the bleeding" that's half the battle.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

My crown looks good, thus far. Alright, it looks like the verdict is getting on a regimen. I'm aware that Propecia does little for thinning in the front. That, combined with the fact that it tends to lose effectiveness over time .. would I be better off waiting a while? If I start at 29, I don't wanna say, be thirty-six with this problem again, although, there's the potential I'll just have it younger if I do nothing. A lot to think about, haha.