2500 FUT Dr Rahal (Hairline Repair)

HARIRI

Def nice improvement...you must be so excited!!! Congrats...def a great job by Dr. Rahal! Keep us posted!!!

Hello HTN members, Its beautiful Friday and I was in the mood to take some photos. From now and on I would be taking pics of my hairline with my hair combed backward as it will show the real growth because with ceasar style it wont give a clear picture.of my transplanted area (The Hairline).. Im happy with the growth however still I can notice my right side is thinner than left. I will just wait 2 months more to see if my right side will dense more. Looking forward to hear your comments guys ;)

Hariri, I think things are looking better from your preop and things are looking great and will continue to get better and better. You are at 10 months, and still have a another 2-3 months to see the changes. I have heard some people say that work on people with repair situations may take a little longer to see full effects, you seem to be doing everything right PostOp and it is showing. Some people even say there is 2% more maturing up until the 18 month mark. It might be more texture based then graft growth based, I don't really know. But overall, you seem to be on track. So, you look great and should definitely have more thickening in the months ahead.

How is your scar from the sides now and your overall scalp laxity? I think your density concern with the right side will also get better as I do see a similar concern in mine too. What are your next plans? I know you had concerns about the grafts in front you were thinking to get punched out. Any idea on how much donor you have available for any future use if needed? Seems to me that your crown is holding up really well to rogaine. Did you order the lipogaine yet?

Thanks for your feedback. Nice seeing your updates too. :)

Thanks everyone for the comments...

Spex.. I was told that my hairline density so far with my 10months post op is 40 FU/cm2 ? Do you agree? Need your expert judgment.

Sean.. Yes Im using the Lipogaine two days ago. I use it only in the evening as its sticky a bit while in the morning I use Rogaine Foam.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

30%??? Damn... Because according to Dr. Rahal's chart I should be having a density of 53 FU/cm2, I dont know if I would reach to this density within 2 more months??? :confused:

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I think it looks great considering but i do not see many more hairs breaking through at this point to give you a higher hair/graft per cm ratio after ten months it's mainly maturing although i have spotted the odd sprout on all my hts at 11 months but nothing to make a impact.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

H--

Have you discussed this with Dr. Rahal? According to the estimates, that would mean some of the grafts did not grow, and Dr. Rahal has his guarentee in place and perhaps if things remain constant in a cople of months this guarentee could be activated.

Either that, or the chart estimate was wrong--but that would indicate a record-keeping error. Either way, it is worth following up and please keep us informed.

These were the information written on my chart...

1 UNIT GRAFT = 972

2 UNIT GRAFT = 1307

3 UNIT GRAFT = 236

TOTAL GRAFT = 2515

TOTAL HAIR = 4294

SIZE OF DONOR TISSUE= 19.7 cm2

DENSITY = 53 FU / cm2

My Hair Treatments:

Based on the pic of your right side it doesn't look 40 hair per cm sq in my opinion, yield looks poor there in that part.

That could be down to scar tissue in the area from previous surgery as you are repair patient.

You still got more time yet and maturing to come.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

HARIRI, I know it's frustrating being told to wait but it's normal for doctors to want their patients to give it the full 12 months before passing judgement. There are statistical outliers who experience late growth (the opposite end of the spectrum to those who get very fast growth) and in your case there is the fact that you're a repair patient to consider.

I wish there was more to add, but at this time I can only ask you to sit tight and give it a little longer.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 5 weeks later...

Having had a look at your pics, for 2500 grafts, they were placed over quite a large area, so the growth looks about right. That sort of area would need 3500 grafts to get a good density.

Dr Rahal obviously didn't transplant this many grafts since you have already used 2000 grafts in your previous transplant.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Splitting hairs, I dont think so. Dr. Rahal estimated that with 2500 grafts I would get 53%. To me, this density would be more than perfect as Im not that fuss about super density. Its just that until now (11 months post op), my general density is around 40%. However this is not a problem, what annoys me the most is that my right side is much less than left one, which means my right side grafts didn't all grow. Unbalanced hairline really makes me look weird, many noticed that when I combed my hair backward. Now I'm forced to do a ceasar style till i get my hairline fixed by adding some grafts into my right side in my next scar revision session next summer. I don't think that another one month will grow hair from zero, but I will post photos when I reach 12 months end of July. The thing is anything below 50% or 45% minimum will show the scalp and give a thinning appearance :-(

P.S. for your info. 3500 is too much.. H&W and Ron Shapiro all quoted me 2500 grafts for my repair while Rahal quoted 2200 but ended up with 2500 as I'm only NW3.

My Hair Treatments:

I think you hairline is looking good......give it more time and it will thicken even more. Mine definitely matured in months 11 & 12. In my humble opinion, it is not the hair count that matters......what really matters is whether or not it looks good and natural, which it does.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

So far I dont think so orlhair1. My hairline unbalanced and its obvious that my right side is much thinner than my left, check my photos well, please. But thanks for comforting me with your compliment lol.

My Hair Treatments:

I do see what you mean on the one side being thinner than the other. Hopefully it will thicken up some still. I had one side thicken up faster than the other but in the end they evened out. I still think overall it looks nice.

Can you clarify to me when did they even out? Which month post Op was that? I think definitely it was before 12 months post Op mark!

My Hair Treatments:

One side was pretty well matured by about 8-9 months. The other side evened out between months 10 and 12. I was surprised how much thicker and mature my HT got overall during months 10-12, especially since I was a very early grower, with broth starting at 2 months.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody, I took pics of my hairline using a clear Sony Cypershot camera with no flash of my hairline combed backward without using any hair product. I do still think that my hairline density is below 50 fu/cm2 for sure but I guess this is it. Right now I'm focusing on a scar revision and some temple points restoration along with a small touch up of my thin areas in hairline. Check out my photos and tell me your honest opinions, my hairline density should have become 53% according to the 2500 grafts distribution of the clinic. However the bright side is that I'm now a normal human and no longer a freak. :cool:

DSC07426.jpg.9e155d3566874c42b2c234cdf11df1f6.jpg

DSC07428.jpg.0d7d672f40262410c91f0b185c27da16.jpg

DSC07430.jpg.c8471fd7cd1895e9a15cd849a69a8a1b.jpg

DSC07435.jpg.6c2a198aa5f50b5bf9905014016f9272.jpg

DSC07432.jpg.ac519b16e090d6024215797219f27ca3.jpg

My Hair Treatments:

I think it looks really good overall. Not super dense, but it looks very natural........huge improvement for you. If you get your scar revision and have sufficient grafts, you could make it look a little thicker, but I would not have a procedure done just to thicken it of it were me. Who are you planning to go to for a revision?

Hair has definitely improved Hariri.

You are a repair patient so that does have to be taken into consideration.

It is very hard to actually say'have I got x amount of grafts per cm^2' just by looking.

I wouldn't know personally with my hair how many I had but my hair looks great.

Unless you are going to take numerous random samples of your hair and take an average, you sort have just have to go off expert judgement.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 4 weeks later...

Your hair looks great! HUGE improvement from the pre-op pics. Like you said, you're normal now. It may not be 100% perfect (because hair greed has set in!) but you don't look like a balding man anymore.

One quick question for you....Spex asked a question earlier in the thread and I don't think you responded. Are you considering having those hairs below your hairline lasered? I think that would actually help make your existing hairline look even better and make everything look cleaner.

BadBeat, I mentioned earlier in the middle of my thread that I was planning to go Feriduni to FUE out the bad grafts and get a scar revision of the old scar at the back of my head plus whatever grafts extracted will go into my weak right area of my hairline (300 grafts + hairline extracted old grafts) plus temple points (300 grafts) from the estimated 600 grafts coming with the scar tissue. Have I answered your question?

My Hair Treatments:

If you want to know your average Graft count per cm square it's not hard just draw on a cm square and get someone to count the grafts or hairs it would be easy at the front of your head. one thing to bear in mind is if it is the very front that bothers you then obviously that will be made up of single hair grafts and I've heard surgeons say before singles have less chance of survival compared 2s and multis.

I think it looks decent considering you're a repair patient though.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 7 months later...

Hariri, I'm sorry to bring this thread up again but I'm new to the party and have just spent 30 minutes reading through this for the first time.

It must be tough being a repair patient, but you honestly don't look like one now even without the nanogen.

So glad you got a resolution in the end. You are looking good, Even if you don't have any more treatments you are in a good place.

Take care, Modenese

4800+ grafts, Dr Bisanga, Brussels, Oct 2012

My Photos