Advanced hair studio - UK reviews?

hi there,

i went recently to Advanced Hair Studio in Reading for free consultation and i would like to ask you if anyone had any experience with them recently,

after he looked at my hair for about 10 min he suggested to me the laser treatment with their products 1500? for 6 months or 2400 for 12 months...

any advice will be helpfull

hi there,

i went recently to Advanced Hair Studio in Reading for free consultation and i would like to ask you if anyone had any experience with them recently,

after he looked at my hair for about 10 min he suggested to me the laser treatment with their products 1500? for 6 months or 2400 for 12 months...

Do yourself a favor and seek advice from one of the recommended doctors on this site!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Dont go. I went to the London brance a few years ago. Complete waste of time and money.

They still contact me now for "special discounts"

They have no idea and are just a bunch of money grabbers!!!

Basically they offer Minoxidil , Laser and wigs.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

Laser treatment is a load of crap - a sham. Don't waste your time or money.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

whatttt?

Search this site, or use the link that was provided..you will find a list of recommended hair transplant surgeons throughout the world..these guys or girls have been evaluated and excepted by our community as exceptional at their craft! That is where you need to start! Then, consult with a handful of them and choose which surgeon is right for you. If you are not ready for a transplant, one can point you in the right direction with you your future plan! Happy to help!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Search this site, or use the link that was provided..you will find a list of recommended hair transplant surgeons throughout the world..these guys or girls have been evaluated and excepted by our community as exceptional at their craft! That is where you need to start! Then, consult with a handful of them and choose which surgeon is right for you. If you are not ready for a transplant, one can point you in the right direction with you your future plan! Happy to help!

i dont want to use any hair transplant surgeons, i just need advice for hair loss solutions

i dont want to use any hair transplant surgeons, i just need advice for hair loss solutions

That is why I said " if you are not ready for a hair transplant "However,the surgeons on this site can help you with your hair loss solutions as well! That is why I suggested seeing one of them, if not, go see a dermatologist and he can help you!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Avoid LASERS. I don't think they do anything except give you pretty red lights to stare at in the dark and damage your bank account.

If you are looking for working solutions, take a look into Rogaine, Propecia, Nizoral, MSM, Biotin, other vitamins, hair thickening shampoos.

The first 2 are the only proven treatments by the FDA for hair loss. The rest are supplements to boost your hair and the quality. They have been working for me.

For Propecia, you are going to have to go see a doctor. Those are your treatments.

If you gained some hairs and not all back from those treatments, then you may be able to get a transplant but use the treatments first and if in the future you decide you want to take the transplant route, then do plenty of research by reviewing only recommended doctors on this forum.

Good Luck.

hi there,

Is it still based on that little backyard off the london road (quite close to the shopping centre car park)

When i suffered my first hairloss 10 years ago (right temple only mainly and a little on front tuft) i went there in a panic. There was what was on first impression and also in retrospect a very shady little turkish guy, total used car sales man and his clinic was operated by the usual blonde irhead hairdresser types. I was a young lad in his early 20s and this turkish guy peddled horror stories to me about how if i didnt use laser i would lose all my hair within 6 months ( please note apart from the receding at the right temple and a little on the front tuft the rest of my hair was great and in tretrospect extrememly thick. its just being in your early 20s and for the first time seeing hair loss of any kind u freak out) u dont realise the vast majority of people suffer some recession but than it stabilises for years in most cases naturally.

Anyway to convince me he pulled out a photo of a totally bald guy from his draw, it was an old picture maybe 15 years old of what looked like a 30 year old middle eastern man totally bald. He said to me "that was me before"...it looked nothing like him....but the inference being as i looked at his wavy full head of hair that somehow laser had got him where he was today....he offered me the ?1500 deal as well for 6 months with 6 months supply of nioxin shampoo.....now being a silly kid i went and paid him in cash!.......my issue was i was due to go to prison for possibly 6 months for a nightclub fight when i defended myself and was awaiting trial ....and i was terrified the stress of being in prison for the first time would make me lose all my hair like the turk was telling me.....so i coughed up and told him i only had 3 months to complete my treatment so would double the sessions he was fine with that.......... eventually i was cleared, and later on the turk tried to con me by not giving me the last 3 months supply of nioxin as he had initially given me 3 months and i had 3 months of laser simultaenously.

Now here is the rub, for all his dodginess, for all his lies an doom peddling initially....for all the fact the ?1500 price was a con ......the fact of the matter is, that 3 months of laser treatment and the 3 step nioxin shampoo did something great to my existing hair....it made it very markedly thicker and tougher...i have black hair and as sure as anything it made my hair become even thicker, especially in the areas where there had been recesseion and there was residual thinning (IE ONLY THE right temple and a bit on the front tuft.) i would touch it, and feel it thick.it looked darker and thicker too like loads of concealer was on it and when it did fall out in the bath all the lost hairs were very thick and dark like beard hair.

Thereafter i used nioxin shampoo for the full 6 months and carried on using it on and off till 2003. (so 2 years basically. ) my hair loss totally stopped and im sure of course i was less stressed but the laser did hellp me. It did work beyond a shadow of a doubt).....so basically for 5 years i did not think about my hair anymore..... ..In 2006 also on the strength of my previous laser experience I bought a lexington hairmax laser comb device which had won FDA approval (I dont know why) as used over 18 months i found it useless and it replicated none of the effect of the advanced hair laser...... still i had no intention at that point of paying 1500 again to advanced hair as my hair was stilll as good as when i stopped using laser the first time.

Anyway i have diggressed my answer to the thread starter is this.........dont go to Advanced Hair....1500 is too much to pay in this day and age and it was back in 2001 aas well and it would probably only help u if you hairloss is slight thinning all over and not real recession.....in any event dont go....I went cos it was ten years ago and there wasnt much information, travelling to the US was a non option i knew nothing about hair transplants and felt they were just something fior the rich on harley street ...i didnt know better ....with the options and info available today especially with a guy like SPEX on this board who can answer your questions....save your 1500 and double it and have a hair transplant somewhere good. abroad....absolutely pointless going to advanced hair and wasting 1500 when u could go abroad and have a hair transplant of 2-3000 grafts for the same amount for the price of a airline ticket (around 650 quid.

By the way does anyone know where i can buy nioxin shampoo? is it still only through advanceed hair??

Edited by iwokeuptoabaldpatch

Is it still based on that little backyard off the london road (quite close to the shopping centre car park)

When i suffered my first hairloss 10 years ago (right temple only mainly and a little on front tuft) i went there in a panic. There was what was in retrospect a very shady little turkish guy, total used car sales man and his clinic was operated by the usual blonde irhead hairdresser types. I was a young lad in his early/mid 20s and this turkish guy peddled horror stories to me about how if i didnt use laser i would lose all my hair within 6 months ( please note apart from the receding at the right temple and a little on the front tuft the rest of my hair was great and in tretrospect extrememly thick. its just being in your early 20s and for the first time seeing hair loss of any kind u freak out) u dont realise the vast majority of people suffer some recession but than it stabilises for years in most cases.

Anyway to convince me he pulled out a photo of a totally bald guy from his draw, it was an old picture maybe 15 years old of what looked like a 30 year old middle eastern man totally bald. He said to me "that was me before"...the inference being as i looked at his wavy full head of hair that somehow laser had got him where he was today....he offered me the ?1500 deal as well for 6 months with 6 months supply of nioxin shampoo.....now being a silly kid i went and paid him in cash!.......my issue was i was due to go to prison for possibly 6 months for a nightclub fight when i defended myself....and i was terrified the stress of being in prison for the first time would make me lose all my hair like the turk was telling me.....so i coughed up and told him i only had 3 months to complete my treatment so would double the sessions he was fine with that..........

Now here is the rub, for all his dodginess, for all his lies an doom peddling....for all the fact the ?1500 price was a con ......the fact of the matter is, that 3 months of treatment and the nioxin shampoo did something to my existing hair....it made it very markedly thicker and tougher...i have black hair and as sure as anything it made my hair become even thicker, especially in the areas where there had been recesseion and there was residual thinning (IE ONLY THE right temple and a bit on the front tuft.)

Thereafter i used nioxin shampoo for the full 6 months and carried on using it on and off till 2003. (so 2 years basically. ) my hair loss totally stopped and im sure of course i was less stressed but the laser did hellp me. It did work beyond a shadow of a doubt).....so basically for 5 years i did not think about my hair anymore..... than in 2006 i just decided to have a HT cos i had the money on my right temple it was only 250 grafts at dr rogers and it went ok at best nothing spectacular but clean strip, quick recovery zero shock loss, not much of a improvement as i do feel the doctor placed them in the wrong area from where i asked them to be but an improvement of sorts nontheless it cost me ?1250. A year later i had a 750 graft at nobel clinic for ?1500 which made a tremendous difference cosmetically zero shock loss, quick growth (significant difference within 3 months a la rooney) but i did notice the angle placement was a little different to my existing hair, (years later due to dht generating steroid use) this area thinned rapidly in one month and than i could see nobel placed the grats at a 90 degree vertical angle which was wrong) still i kept being told i had the best result ever at nobel and a i agree it looked natural!.

Anyway i have diggressed my answer to the thread starter is this.........dont go to Advanced Hair....?1500 is too much to pay and it would probably only help u if you hairloss is slight thinning all over and not real recession.....in any event dont go....I went cos it was ten years ago and there wasnt much information, travelling to the US was a non option...i didnt know better and perhaps lucked out...altho ?1500 was too much to pay ?500 would have been right......No with the options and info available today especially with a guy like SPEX on this board who can answer your questions....save your ?1500 and double it and have a hair transplant somewhere good.

thank you so much for all the info you gave me, yeah this guy that i went looked like a sales man as well...and i totally panic when i left...my hair are thin on the top left and right a bit not the whole part...

is this niozin shampoo any good then you think? where can i find it?

in that case it wouldnt be bad only to buy the nioxin shampoo set they used to sell, but dont buy it off them, I just found out u can buy it on amazon these days its not salon exclusive. some people have cast doubt on its DHT removing abilities but it worked for me thats all i can say.

Otherwise like the guys here say start talking propecia and buy a good shampoo like nizorol or nioxin. also 2 vitamin pills a day with biotin r a must. i forgot to mention back in 2001 i started taking these as well for a year and i take them now again.

Im not sure where nizorol can be bought but pm a member here called SPEX he is a great guy who is a great help on this board.

In the vast majority of times hairloss comes in spurts and just cos u lose some at a time of stress, it doesnt mean u are gonna lose it all, like this horrible little man at advanced hair panicked me into thinking....in my case i have had 2 episodes of hairloss.....the first i mentioned in 2001....the second was 8 years later and due to a combo of extreme stress (like u get only a few times thank god in your life), a starvation diet bought on by stress and not wanting to eat properly and also my taking a bad batch of DHT causing steroids due to an idiot not having my usual clean batch...so much of it was my fault! talk about being hit all at once........anyway i am sure u will be fine:) just stay away from steroids as well!

Edited by iwokeuptoabaldpatch

in that case it wouldnt be bad only to buy the nioxin shampoo set they used to sell, but dont buy it off them, I just found out u can buy it on amazon these days its not salon exclusive. some people have cast doubt on its DHT removing abilities but it worked for me thats all i can say.

Otherwise like the guys here say start talking propecia and buy a good shampoo like nizorol or nioxin. also 2 vitamin pills a day with biotin r a must. i forgot to mention back in 2001 i started taking these as well for a year and i take them now again.

Im not sure where nizorol can be bought but pm a member here called SPEX he is a great guy who is a great help on this board.

In the vast majority of times hairloss comes in spurts and just cos u lose some at a time of stress, it doesnt mean u are gonna lose it all, like this horrible little man at advanced hair panicked me into thinking....in my case i have had 2 episodes of hairloss.....the first i mentioned in 2001....the second was 8 years later and due to a combo of extreme stress (like u get only a few times thank god in your life), a starvation diet bought on by stress and not wanting to eat properly and also my taking a bad batch of DHT causing steroids due to an idiot not having my usual clean batch...so much of it was my fault! talk about being hit all at once........anyway i am sure u will be fine:) just stay away from steroids as well!

thanks a lot for the advice, at the moment i am taking some vitamins pilfood and some other hair vitamins again from amazon. i will take a look for this shampoo

here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nioxin+shampoo&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Anioxin+shampoo&ajr=0

not sure if thats the one

yep that seems to be the one. the packaging is different from when i last used it in 2004 but its the same one....the one i used had 3 bottles. a shampoo, and than a deep cleaner conditioner after the shampoo and finally after u had dried your hair there was a gel serum to apply.when i used to get it from advanceed hair it was so expensive used to set me back about ?38 or something. later i went on holiday in thailand and found a salon there that was cheap and they did a huge sized bottle of just the shampoo. i bought two and they lasted me a year up to 2005!

yep that seems to be the one. the packaging is different from when i last used it in 2004 but its the same one....the one i used had 3 bottles. a shampoo, and than a deep cleaner conditioner after the shampoo and finally after u had dried your hair there was a gel serum to apply.when i used to get it from advanceed hair it was so expensive used to set me back about ?38 or something. later i went on holiday in thailand and found a salon there that was cheap and they did a huge sized bottle of just the shampoo. i bought two and they lasted me a year up to 2005!

really? thailand eH? maybe i will look on ebay..

is this the one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nioxin-System-Kit-pack/dp/B0018Z2PU4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324328067&sr=8-4

they have different ones System 1 or System 8

thanks a lot for your help

• 7 years later...

I went to Advanced Hair Studio in Reading where I was persuaded by John the manager to part with £2,500 for strandbystrand procedure which turned out to be them gluing hair onto the tip of my head which they had shaved. I'm heartbroken, disillusioned and struggling to get my money back. PLEASE DONT EVER GO HERE.