Spot will little to no growth almost 9 months after FUE

jaredmb05

I had a transplant on March 9th of this year. I am devastated because I have this patch on the right side of my hair line that has very little to no growth. Its like day and night compared to my left. Granted, my right has grown in A LOT slower then my left. Is this normal? My doctor (very sweet guy) said it could be Telogen Effluvium from a broken arm surgery I had 3 months after my transplant. However, I stil have a bad feeling this isnt it. A ,ot of hair has grown on both sides except for this area and I still have to style my hair the same way to hide my hair line. He offered to fill it in just to make me happy but I had to pay $900 for the technicians. Im three weeks away from moving accross the country for school and am no longer employed so I can afford this even if I wanted too.. such a crappy day

The third picture is the left side for comparison

image.jpg.2d30452eae492ee271b14166f3bc9d63.jpg

image(1).jpg.d793964449143df4181f97bb62a9ad55.jpg

image(2).jpg.586174232dbd50b0b75159521a1fd73c.jpg

Edited by jaredmb05
update picture info

I would say that your doctor is not that sweet. That is a nice sized spot that did not grow and he should have backed up his work. He should eat the cost of the techs, that is part of his business.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

ha ha ha a broken arm caused hairloss ha ha

Whats so funny?? It happens all the time. Major surgery, general anesthesia, and extreme weight loss and all causes of telogen effluvium and when I broken my arm I went through all three...

know your facts..

I would so that your doctor is not that sweet. That is a nice sized spot that did not grow and he should have backed up his work. He should eat the cost of the techs, that is part of his business.

Ok, thanks for your opinion. I think you are right. I will send him an email today.

i do know my facts we will see now do you..is it not a coincidence that it was only your transplanted area was effected by your surgery?since it was telogen effluvium you most have had hair in the area before surgery that you are saying has no growth now?is this true?

i do know my facts we will see now do you..is it not a coincidence that it was only your transplanted area was effected by your surgery?since it was telogen effluvium you most have had hair in the area before surgery that you are saying has no growth now?is this true?

Well I agree with you here. I did experience I a lot of shedding a few months after the surgery which is when the TE would have kicked in however, I never noticed a difference on the left side from it nor did I have any hair on the right side to shed.

This is why I am ruling out TE.