My one year photos with Dr. Wong

razor

NewHair, maybe he put in 4200 but based on my results I don't think I got anywhere near that. What grows is what counts. I'm surprised to hear you think that's what I got. I don't see how you or anyone besides myself or the Dr. can judge that from viewing a few photos.

Anyway, thanks for all your input. My plan is to go to him now and express my dissatisfaction. I'm surprised Jotronic didn't comment. He was on last night and always usually commented on my blogs earlier on. Very strange.......

Edited by razor

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely encourage you to speak to Dr. Wong about this. I am sure that H&W stands behind their work as they have a great reputation. If you can't meet with him in person, definitely set up a phone conference with him directly.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

orlhair thats actually the best advice ive had since I started this blog. It seems others on here are quick to blame for me for my poor results. But the truth of the matter is it is only Dr. Wong and I that can come to some kind of consensus.

After I sent the last pics to Dr. Wong he asked that I wait until I reached the 14 month mark before I send him more. He felt it would thicken more by then.

Should I wait until then to contact him? I don't see this improving in the next month and half.

Mars the scar is ok, thank God

NewHair, maybe he put in 4200 but based on my results I don't think I got anywhere near that. What grows is what counts. I'm surprised to hear you think that's what I got. I don't see how you or anyone besides myself or the Dr. can judge that from viewing a few photos.

Anyway, thanks for all your input. My plan is to go to him now and express my dissatisfaction. I'm surprised Jotronic didn't comment. He was on last night and always usually commented on my blogs earlier on. Very strange.......

I am not calling you a liar and Im not speaking for you! What I am saying is that a guy with Dr Wongs reputation and allocates WOULD NOT charge you for 4200 grafts if he didn't put in 4200 grafts..that would be grounds for a huge lawsuit! I do agree your results are far less than optimal..Maybe you had a poor yield, in fact, I thinks thats what happened, but Im just saying what you were charged for SHOULD be what you received..I just can't imagine Dr Wong this whole time would lead you to believe you received 4000plus grafts and actually given you far less and hoped for the best..Anyway, no one is quick to judge you, in fact, I think everyone is saying your results are not very good! I just know that Dr Wong is an extremely respected surgeon and seems to be a stand up guy..Im sure you will get some answers!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

But the problem is that everytime I send him photos he just replies "oh it's coming in nicely will thicken up". This concerns me but I still believe Dr. Wong is an ethical man and will correct this. I hope I'm right.

But the problem is that everytime I send him photos he just replies "oh it's coming in nicely will thicken up". This concerns me but I still believe Dr. Wong is an ethical man and will correct this. I hope I'm right.

Stay in touch with him, Stay in contact!! I would even consider making a trip back there to have him personally examine you! Do ALL YOU CAN as a patient!!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

razor, I would send your pics to Dr. Wong now or make sure Jotronic sees them. I think it's safe to say at this point you will not have the kind of improvement you are hoping for.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I would be really straightforward and say...."at what point can we agree that the results are not what we agreed upon." Maybe in one more month, he'll concede that the final results are in. He should know that you're stressed out about this and don't want to wait more than say one more month.

Once you get to that point, show him you are still very thin and ask him if he's willing to help you out.

As far as having a plan, I don't understand how you couldn't have one. I'd think that the doctor would know how to best optimize your grafts in order to come up with more thickness.

I also think that your immediate post-ops looked dense. It's hard to believe that all your grafts grew, after looking at the 1 year results.

IIRC, Dr. Wong stated that in 20 years of doing transplants he has only had about 4 cases that didn't turn out. The worst part of this is that you've lost the better part of 4200 grafts!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Razor,

I am sorry to hear about your results. And you have the right to be concerned...From your pictures it appears your yied was significantly less than expected. This may sound like a goofy question-does your HT look natural?

In addition, what do you want to happen to put you in a better place?

Taking a trip back there would be nice. Have you seen what the air fares are from DC to Vancouver? Around $800. Ouch

I honestly don't remember having a definite plan but you can't tell me that my result is acceptable on any level. And no, I don't think my transplant looks natural. Do you think it does based on the pics lI send, I suspect no as well.

And as for what I want to do next? I have no idea. What if he offers another transplant, I have it and the then that one doesn't work out either?

Edited by razor

See if you can get in contact with Jotronic on this forum, i am sure he will be of much help.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Razor,

I would agree with you completely...Your HT results are not acceptable...As far as going for a second HT with the same clinic-not sure that would be a good idea for you. Honestly, what makes people think they can do better the second time around???Unles, Dr. Wong clearly states what the issue was there is no way of knowing how to prevent it from happening again. Walking around with a bad HT will have no doubt negatively impact your quality of life. I am curious to see what H&W will do with your case.

Just know I am pulling for you and wishing you the very best. Investing that kind of time and not to mention the money and coming up with a negeative result is not acceptable.

I agree it looks awful. And yes it has negatively impacted my life. I don't date, I don't go out besides work and the gym. So yes it sucks.

I just sent Dr. Wong an email with my concerns. I'll keep you guys posted.

As for Jotronic I suspect he's avoiding me.

Definitely get in contact with Jotronic and discuss the issue with him and then with Dr. Wong. No doubt you are going to have to have another procedure to get to the outcome you want and deserve. H&W is a standup clinic, so see if you can work something out with them.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Hey Razor,

I'm not sure why you think I'm avoiding anything. It is the weekend and you only started this thread yesterday. Being out of the office I don't have access to all of your information which why i have not responded yet. I wanted to have all of your info in front of me but apparently this cannot wait till then. As i type this I'm standing in a store waiting for the wife as she tries on some new coats, lol! Yeah, I'm typing this on my iPhone!

A few quick observations; your hair is far too short If you are looking for the fullest appearance. This is not an opinion, it is a fact because even full density heads of hair with no loss look thinner when buzzed shorter than one inch. Look at my own case. I have more than twice the amount of hair transplanted and with the top buzzed to one inch it is still thin and see through. Your hair is even shorter and fewer in numbers than my own. It comes down to simple math.

Also, in your latest photos your hair is wet. This makes any head of hair thinner so combine that with a buzz cut then you really aren't giving this a fair review.

First thing tomorrow I'll look for your photos and send to you everything we have especially any post op shots to show placement. I suspect that Dr . Wong spread everything from front to back. In the meantime please send me an email to joe@hassonandwong.com so I will have your name and email address.

One thing I can say without question is that we want you to be satisfied with your result and happy with your experience with us. Therefore I'm going to greenlight a trip to Vancouver so we can get to the bottom of this. The flight will cost you nothing.

I'll look for your email in the morning and we can also discuss timing for your trip.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree it looks awful. And yes it has negatively impacted my life. I don't date, I don't go out besides work and the gym. So yes it sucks.

I just sent Dr. Wong an email with my concerns. I'll keep you guys posted.

As for Jotronic I suspect he's avoiding me.

Razor

Hope you get it worked out..again Im not siding with the clinic when I say this, but I don't think Joe is avoiding you. I think you will get some answers and hopefully they will make you satisfied and you can get this matter resolved quickly..yes, as you stated earlier, when you take that first HT, you are pretty much all in so what else can you do? Ill bet you can get a good result with what you have left, at least I hope you can!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website