Dr. DORIN (T&D) - 2144 FUT Result

Dr. Dorin performed a single session of 2,144 grafts on this male in his early 30's consisting of 920 singles, 1212 doubles and 12 threes. A total of 3,380 hairs were transplanted throughout the entire front with transition into the top of the balding pattern. It is important to note that this patient has responded well to Propecia and this has had a nice impact on the overall quality of his result - the crown, which was not treated has recovered density and stabilized.

2144_Page_1.jpg

2144_Page_2.jpg

2144_Page_3.jpg

2144_Page_4.jpg

2144_Page_5.jpg

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

Nice result and good result with the use of propecia.

Some people seem to think that finasteride only works in the crown area, which it has demonstrated here clearly but i remember a post before from yourselves demonstrating the effect in the frontal region, which again was clearly evident.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

thanks chrisdav......Propecia has shown to be most effective on the bridge (top) and crown region....its always a plus if the front sees some positive regrowth and/or stabilization. In the majority of cases a transplant is necessary in the frontal region to bring about significant and permanent cosmetic change.

Why is it that Finasteride is most effective on the bridge and crown? Does this still remain a mystery?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I don' t have a great answer for this question, there seems to be a lack of clarity as to why this is the case....i have over the last few years certainly seen evidence to the contrary...i believe age can play a factor and if the front has miniaturization but is not deeply receded this may come into play. You want to lower the bar on your expectations for change in the front with Propecia but its not out of the question.

I would sincerely hope that no clinic on this forum would aid their before and after transformations with concealers and it would be outrageous if any of the doctors recommended on here did such.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Absolutely not. If he was in an area that was transplanted, I wouldn't have even posted the case. If it had been used in the crown only (a non-transplanted area) this would have been duly noted in the case description. There's a fine line between erudite observation and insinuation.

I am a True and Dorin fan, but I have to agree that his crown looks a little funny for some reason. Want the crown implanted? Even if it was not that is quite a large area for 2100 grafts. It is definitely a nice result, I can just see where the crown was mentioned.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker.....the crown was not transplanted.....i agree visually the coloring in the photo is a little peculiar but having taken the photo myself i can assure you its cosmetic free.....if i have the chance to update ill try to get some further shots. as always thanks for having a look. happy turkey day*

Edited by orangehair