Dr Rahal or Dr Akin?

Jacob1989

Hi Everyone,

Bit of a hard question i guess, but im going ahead with a HT (dont negative comments on this please) i have researched a lot and been taking medication for over a year and feel this is the step i want to take.

Anyway i have spoken to one of Dr Rahals advisors and also Spoke to FUE Hairline Clinic in Turkey. Now i am very impressed with Dr Rahals results more so i think. I do understand one is Strip (FUT) And one is FUE.

Now i wont go into prices but lets say ive basically been offered in english pounds ?900 cheaper for the FUE option, however i am very impressed with how dense Dr Rahals results are and the scaring looks fine at the back of the head from results ive seen it looks barely noticeable. The Fue consultation did actually offer me 200 grafts less to which im not too sure i'd be able to reach the same density results using FUE and less grafts being used. Im going off a little bit.. sorry!. So i was wondering what do people think about those options? Dr Rahal's name seems highly talked about on this forum so please share your opinions. I understand the difference between FUE and FUT and obviously different surgeons offer different rates but i thought it would be good to get some opinions off you guys.

Thanks for reading

Jacob,

I noticed that you state no negative comments on your decision for a HT...so I will respect this and not ask any further questions/inquiries as to your loss or age, etc). With that said, I am having a HT with Dr. Rahal in December for approx. 3k grafts (FUT) to restore my hairline and frontal third. Perhaps I am bias but Dr. Rahal is absolutely one of the best HT surgeons in the world amongst a few others that you will find on this site...but since you just refer to either Rahal or Akin, I would recommend him.

Now...you seem to be certain that Rahal is the better doctor based on what you said above, however I am concerned in that you seem to be dazed by Akin offering you a discount and/or free grafts...NEVER and I repeat NEVER be swayed by price...because any monies you save now you will surely be spending on a repair HT if the doctor you picked because of the price difference messes up your head! HT's are expensive no matter how you look at it...so if you are going to go through with it you should be more concerned with reputation and ACTUAL results vs. price. Plus you are talking about FUT vs. FUE...not sure which you are set on but are you aware that Dr. Rahal also does FUE?

Bottom line go with the doctor, not his prices as all HT docs for the most part are competitively priced give or take. Hope this helps...also if you have some pics we can also help you out and give you more advice if that is what you seek. You should take advantage of this site and all the great members in disclosing more about yourself and situation as we are all here to help and you be surprised how this changes your thoughts for the better...I know it definitely has helped me out in making my decision. Keep us posted!

Hey

Thanks for the replies, i wont go into detail to much because i have posted on the forum before and yes its very helpful, in fact its great to talk to people.. its a life changing thing and its great to talk to people who go through the same thing weather they have surgery or not.

I think my post was slightly confusing, im not swayed by the fact that Dr Akin is cheaper but more surprised that it is cheaper considering its also using FUE. However i have looked into the pros and cons of FUE vs FUT and at first the con for me was scarring with FUT but i have seen Dr Rahals pictures of the scar healed up and it looks fine to me, the other advantage and correct me if im wrong but.. you get a higher density with FUT and can actually if you want for the future have more grafts left for the future. (I hope this doesn't cause a load of politics) anyway... Your right i am more convinced that Dr Rahal is the man for the job, his work loads great and i have also been told 3K Grafts is what i need to achieve the results i/him feel will work. Im in England so the flight is bit of a sucker! but im concerned about the result not how far i have to go.

I also know that you cant put a price on a good result and i would say that the price i have been quoted is actually really good considering the results i have seen!. If anyone else has any other replies to what they think about surgeon choice then feel free.. my mind is basically 90% made up to go with Dr Rahal, i kind of made a list of surgeons and kinda eventually ended up with a smaller list and it came down to Dr Rahal or Dr Akin so i thought i'd share my post and appreciate the comments and replies.

Im hoping to get it done early next year so i can pop a hat on till the summer!. Oh i also hear Canada is a great place to go!

Go with Rahal. The general consensus is that he is one of the top 5 surgeons in the world. In my opinion, if your goal is to obtain a dense, natural hairline, then he is the absolute best in the world.

I've never heard of Dr. Akin. Personally, I would never consider going to a doctor without being able to research substantial patient reviews. why risk it? I sure wouldn't.

As Capelli pointed out, don't let price be a determinative factor. Not to mention, Rahal's prices are very reasonable.

Bottom line, regardless of whether you go with FUE or FUT (Rahal does both), my advice is to go with Rahal. meet with him and trust whichever he recommends for your situation.

good luck.