At 2 months and have only 50% loss of new hairs!?!?

I am at the 2 month mark and I would say only 50% of the transplanted hairs have shed. Pretty much all of this happened in the first 5 weeks and since then more or less nothing. Is this a positive sign as the transplanted hairs will stay put and continue growing, or a negative sign suggesting that my final results will be delayed as the transplanted hairs always fall out? Thanks for the help...

Nothing to worry about they will grow normally, sometimes grafts just start growing right off the bat, most people only have a little bit if at all, but again you have nothing to worry about.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks Dr. Glenn. Just to clarify... I was affraid that the reluctance of the new hairs to fall out, would delay the final outcome because when they do finally fall out (say after 6 months) the new hairs would take that much longer to grow through. Is it a fair assumption that because the new hairs haven't fallen out yet (after 2 months post surgery) they are there to stay? I will post pictures soon...

I had my HT by Dr Hamayun Mehmond at Islamabad on 4 Nov 2011. 18 days post op, my transplanted hair are still in place and have not shed. Should I rub them with towel after bathing to make them fall or not? Moreover, I still have scabs on my scar and it pains when I touch the scar. Is that normal? Do i need to be worried abt it?

I had my HT by Dr Hamayun Mehmond at Islamabad on 4 Nov 2011. 18 days post op, my transplanted hair are still in place and have not shed. Should I rub them with towel after bathing to make them fall or not? Moreover, I still have scabs on my scar and it pains when I touch the scar. Is that normal? Do i need to be worried abt it?

18 days is totally normal to have no shedding. You will probably see some sheddign soon. I wouldn't rub then, but definitely dont be too gentle either. For the scar, I wouldnt be too worried. That sounds normal...

18 days is totally normal to have no shedding. You will probably see some sheddign soon. I wouldn't rub then, but definitely dont be too gentle either. For the scar, I wouldnt be too worried. That sounds normal...

Thks alot for your concern. Your words have been a source of great satisfaction for me.

Best Regards

• 8 months later...