Hello everyone, let me start by saying I'm sorry for so many questions but I'm mentally in a pretty crappy place as I rapidly started losing hair when I turned 25 and now I'm 27 and it's unbelievably depressing.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Arocha Hair Restoration in Dallas? I found a few videos of his and he seemed good but at the same time, I had also found a lot of stuff on a guy named Dr. Bauman and the forums say he's the worst Hair Restoration surgeon on the planet so I wanted to check with people in the know.

I also found a guy named Dr. Peter Malouf in Dallas but he only uses NeoGraft which I've heard bad things about as well.

Finally, I noticed that almost all the before and after pics have their hairstyle combed to the right or left side. I always kept my hair short (finger length on top, #2-3 fade on sides) and straight down. Will that be a problem or will scars be visible after the surgery if I decide to get it?

Sorry for so many questions but I'm mentally in a pretty crappy place as I rapidly started losing hair when I turned 25 and now I'm 27 and it's unbelievably depressing.

Thank you for your time and reading & replying to this post.

Spend the next six months researching, consulting doctors on this forum and patients. Don't rush this and don't feel obligated to stay local to seek a doctor.

I just turned 28, had a HT a month before turning 27 and a second one the day after turning 28, I can answer any questions you might have since I'm basically your age.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Thank you so much Speegs for taking time out to offer help. I've been looking for the past few months. I had an uncle of mine do a procedure at Bosley and even though he didn't get butchered like some of the other stories I've read about on here, it didn't do a whole lot of good either.

My other concern is that I've heard about guys like Dr. Bauman that everyone says photoshops his before & after pictures. With that being the case, I'm not sure how I can really trust anybody's photos.

I've thought about looking in the LA area but if I can find a good doc in Dallas, I'd prefer to stay local. If you don't mind me asking, how many grafts did you have done each time and what was the reason that you had to do two surgeries within a year?

Thank you so much Speegs for taking time out to offer help. I've been looking for the past few months. I had an uncle of mine do a procedure at Bosley and even though he didn't get butchered like some of the other stories I've read about on here, it didn't do a whole lot of good either.

My other concern is that I've heard about guys like Dr. Bauman that everyone says photoshops his before & after pictures. With that being the case, I'm not sure how I can really trust anybody's photos.

I've thought about looking in the LA area but if I can find a good doc in Dallas, I'd prefer to stay local. If you don't mind me asking, how many grafts did you have done each time and what was the reason that you had to do two surgeries within a year?

i advise you to reconsider the local bent, but Arocha is a competent doctor, the only one in Texas that is, but his pricing is not as competitive as comparable doctors if you're willing to travel.

I received 2700 grafts with Dr. Alexander in 2010 in the front third, i opted for a second procedure as my density was not the best it could be, I received 2380 from Dr. Gabel just six weeks ago, so in nine months time I should have excellent density. i live in Austin and found it more affordable and beneficial to travel.

Every patient is different, since I have fine hair reconstructing a good density requires more grafts, but it looks more natural than course hair, which provides better density, it is the trade off.

Many people have two procedures, often the first one does great improvement but the second one tweaks it to your expectations.

I was a norwood 3a with advanced frontal thinning and recession, in six to nine months i will look like i have a full head of hair.

Why LA? What in LA has appealed to you? if you're headed out west you might as well look at Gabel and Alexander, both have competitive pricing and great skill.

Edited by Speegs

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I was just considering looking in LA because I know a guy who had a transplant out there but he had to dang near sell a kidney to afford it so I wouldn't even be able to afford it anytime soon. Is Dr. Gable this guy: Gabel Hair Loss Clinic | Portland OR-Seattle WA-Boise ID

I honestly have no problem whatsoever traveling but the only reason I wanted to stay local is in case I had a problem or anything happened, I would be able to just drive out there where as if it was out of state, it would be much more difficult. Sorry if this is forward, but you don't happen to have any before/after pictures would you?

If you want to stay local, Dr Arocha would be my choice based on his reputation and results. I agree that you should not let location be the deciding factor. People travel across the world to go to the top surgeon of their choice. Narrow the list down to a few top notch clinics and do some consults and include Dr. Arocha. You will ultimately feel more comfortable with your decision. I ended up traveling from Orlando to Minneapolis for my HT and I am very happy with my decision.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

If you want to stay local, Dr Arocha would be my choice based on his reputation and results. I agree that you should not let location be the deciding factor. People travel across the world to go to the top surgeon of their choice. Narrow the list down to a few top notch clinics and do some consults and include Dr. Arocha. You will ultimately feel more comfortable with your decision. I ended up traveling from Orlando to Minneapolis for my HT and I am very happy with my decision.

Wow, I looked at your pictures and your hair looks really good. Most peoples pictures I have seen showed their scalp being really red and irritated for quite sometime and you could definitely tell they had a transplant done but I couldn't even tell on you. What made you end up going to Minneapolis for your transplant? Was price the major deciding factor?

Thanks! I decided to go to SMG because I felt they were one of the top clinics in the world. There are several that I felt were in this category, but ultimately I decided on them and am very happy with my decision. Price was not a factor. Most of the top clinics are close in price.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I agree with orlhair1.

I had my HT with Dr. Arocha almost to date one year ago. He and his straff are REALLY nice and treated me very well. It was honestly a great experience. I think he took the time to really do his job. I spent 12 hours in that chair for about 3k grafts. I'm happy with my results too.

Ready for the Road Ahead

HT Website

3092 FUT's

1 Hair - 688

2 Hair - 1812

3 hair - 692

I agree with orlhair1.

I had my HT with Dr. Arocha almost to date one year ago. He and his straff are REALLY nice and treated me very well. It was honestly a great experience. I think he took the time to really do his job. I spent 12 hours in that chair for about 3k grafts. I'm happy with my results too.

I realize it would just be a ballpark figure here but what kind of money could I expect to be spending for lets say 2500 FUT's?