True & Dorin: Transplant or Propecia?

I wanted to share this result with everyone as I think its important to understand how effective Propecia has the potential to be in addition to hair transplantation or as a stand alone remedy. Dr. Dorin did recommend the option of larger FUT but strongly urged the patient to consider medical therapy and I would say the patient is very glad he took that advice. Of course, this type of transformation is not to be expected in every case but often with a diffuse or miniturized balding pattern like below we see meaningful cosmetic improvement.

Presentation1_Page_1.jpg

Presentation1_Page_8.jpg

Presentation1_Page_2.jpg

Presentation1_Page_6.jpg

Presentation1_Page_3.jpg

Presentation1_Page_7.jpg

Presentation1_Page_4.jpg

Presentation1_Page_5.jpg

Presentationpropecia1_Page_09.jpg

Presentationpropecia1_Page_10.jpg

Edited by orangehair

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

Jesus mother of God!

I want me some of that there Propecia!

Probably the best result of Propecia I have every seen... even better than Cardel25s...

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Very impressive! Lucky guy. However, for the benefit of newbies contemplating finasteride use, "this type of transformation is not to be expected in every case" should be changed to "this type of transformation is far from typical."

That's impressive. I remember reading that Finasteride was more effective re-growing hair in younger guys although I cannot recall where or if there was any scientific basis for the claim.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Wow. Fantastic result; thank you for sharing. I really think this goes to show how well finasteride can reverse progressive hair loss and help restore density. Especially in the scalp/vertex of younger patients who really proactively treat their hair loss.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

WOW.....that is amazing. I am sure he is really happy with the advice from Dr. Dorin.....he has great looking hair and all those grafts still in the bank for the future.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Stunning result. I do think that he gained more from meds than me. But im still very happy with my transformation :)

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/