Do you honestly believe

that something good come out for 5 years?

We have Follicia, Replicel, Histogen and Aderans... but do you believe that it come out and it will be something succesfull?

My head is getting worse... and i lost faith.

that something good come out for 5 years?

We have Follicia, Replicel, Histogen and Aderans... but do you believe that it come out and it will be something succesfull?

My head is getting worse... and i lost faith.

The pace of medical science is very slow, and five years isn't very long, anyway. Do I think hair cloning will be here in five years? No.

Do I think it'll be here in the next 20? Probably.

I'm not holding my breath. If any of those prospective cures are whats keeping you from getting an HT, then I would just get an HT.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Well i put a BIG hope in Replicel. In my opinion and logicly i must say it looks prommising. But again... who knows...

HT is great, Rahal, Wong, Hasson but still they won't bring you back natural density in thinning hair or Brad Pitt hair beceause you may have shockloss :(

Edited by ffar

Eventually something will come through, but whether that is 5 years or 20 is anyone's guess. You can even go back in time when there have been a lot of discussions about cures for baldness coming in the future and none have panned out. Some of the research is interesting, but I think we are still a long ways out from a breakthrough.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Why wait 5 years to do something about your hair because something new MIGHT be available. If you get a transplant now, you'll have better looking hair in 6 months. There is no guarantee that any of the Big 4 are going to deliver on a new treatment. Replicel sounds promising but all they have released is a slick pixar animation short.... it all sounds good in theory but I haven't seen them release any actual photos/results.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

5 years, no. Regualtions kill results these days.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

aaron1234 I am 23 that's why. I noticet i am loosing my hairline allready but noone in my family is bald. They are thinning on top and have hairline like NW2. I am going to wait until 26\27 then i will do something. I am asking because i don't know if HT will bring you back natural density(for example if you have 50 per cm2 they bring you back 80)

I know it's fun and even intriguing to discuss the future but the bottom line is this. Announcements come and go but they all have ONE thing in common. They are made to get the excitement level up and in turn to generate interest in additional investment or to prop up the already established excitement for if/when an IPO is generated. That is it. Nothing more, nothing less and off and on for the past fifteen years something has been announced as being "five years away" and yet nothing has materialized.

Always remember, the truth is in the results and until results are presented, I mean real results quality photos and videos...en masse, then nothing that is announced or discussed should be believed. I mean, I watched the recent videos with the CEO of Replicel and all he had to offer was some hair on a mouse's ear which has been done many times before. There is NOTHING to suggest that they have anything better than the next guy that came along before saying the same thing. WHEN, not if, one of these guys or someone else finds a better way to do things nothing you do today will inhibit what is possible in the future.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Jotronic you do your job good. Don't worry, people will still use H&W when something "new" come out.

But still. Somethig is going on. It is not the secret that company that bring a "cure" will be one of the richest in word.

But of course... i absolutly agree about whay you said. Pictures and movies(RESULTS) are answer, not theory. But we have to agree that's something is going on, right? And that's a good thing, rigth?

ffar,

I'm not worried about a thing and I am not sure how to take your tone with my advice. If it works, I'll be in line before you are. Why did you insert a link to my profile in my name when you typed it? Are you trying to remind people of what I do for a living even though it is in every post I make in my signature?

Of course I agree, something is going on, but I do not agree that anything new has been shown thus far. Someone will break the code, whatever that code may be, because there is simply too much money to be made. But let's get something straight here. I didn't say what I said because I'm afraid of anything. Quite the contrary, I would love for any one of these technologies to come to fruition, but until then no one should make decisions on anything except for what is available in the here and now.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am sorry, i did not want to make you angry. That wasn't my intention. I don't know you but unfortunately policy of buisnes and mediator is to convince that they product is the best one. It just little hard to find in mediators a 100% objectivity in opinion about diffrent compatition. But of course i respect your opinion and i am glad you also agree that something is going on.

Edited by ffar

ffar,

I can appreciate your apprehension but here is the deal when it comes to my views and how I think. I make no excuses for representing the clinic I work as I feel Dr. Wong and Dr. Hasson are the best in the business for what they do but at the same time I have zero issues with recommending alternatives if I feel it is in the best interest of the patient.

Why? Because I'm a patient too and I know what it is like to get hacked up. I don't mean having surgery where the result looks a bit unnatural. I'm talking about full blown, pluggy and obviously bad work and no native hair around to hide it. That along with two wide donor scars, one stacked on top of the other. I made not one bad decision but TWO so as it has been from the beginning when I was the first patient on the web to show what happens before the "before" photo and the "after photo with pics of my surgery and my recovery over the following months I want only the best for those that are seeking a solution to their own hair loss problems.

With that in mind, if I see something that is being misrepresented, is false or offers unrealistic hope I'll say so. I also have no problems with telling people they don't need surgery or tell them that they cannot have surgery due to unrealistic expectations, poor donor quality or any other reason. That is why I am an educator rather than a consultant and that is also why I have no problems telling people to cool their jets and not get too excited about announcements that have no relative proof to back themselves up but rather only add to the "me too" list of miracle cures.

You didn't make me angry. It takes a lot to do that;) I was just trying to clear. To add to the discussion though, something WILL happen in the future. I have every confidence in that but I've been around a long time and I've heard and seen everything so that I why I caution that a gran of salt should be taken before reading announcement like that from Replicell or any other biotech company that is working on "the cure".

Ok but i am not talking about Hair Cloning, i am talking about BIG 4 (Aderans, Histogen, Follicia and Replicel). Well imo Replicel looks promising but... who knows :(

So now we have The Big 4.That is just gimmicky enough to shatter any hope I might have once had in these technologies... which wasn't must in the first place.

I have to second what Jotronic says. Although I'm sure there will be periodic advancements throughout the future, I would never base my decision on that... it just sounds like you'd be setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's the same reason I could never understand the concept of God and Heaven... what about this life!

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

I thought it was the " BIG FIVE " ... lets not forget Acell .....:rolleyes:...

If it was cosmetic dentistry and we were told Drs could grow " teeth" why would we all be sceptical ? with hair it seems like anything goes , the need/desire to believe makes us leave our common sense and better judgement elsewhere

ej

I have a big faith in Replicel. They make a lot of sense and so confident. I heard them talking in Spencer Kobren Bald Truth show. If it will be successful then strip HT business will go down. Actually its already sinking because of FUE development and great results if done professionally like Bisanga or Feller etc...I mean if they succeeded, think about strip removed from back of your head full of flesh and vessels or just injections and voila you are ready to go.... All prayers for Replicel.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

forget to mention " the big six .... " PRP ... another one swept under the carpet , nothing wrong with ` praying ` though .

I too hope that replicel works , hopefully, in the not too distant future lets say .....`five years `..... for arguments sake !!

we will be able to have ....." replicel " applied by a ..... ` artas robot ` while the Dr has a coffee in the room next door watching tv with one of his pretty assistants ! :D

I have a big faith in Replicel. They make a lot of sense and so confident. I heard them talking in Spencer Kobren Bald Truth show. If it will be successful then strip HT business will go down. .
I agree in first part. I believe in Replicell in same reasons as you. It is logic and it make sense. But honestly i don't understand actually diffrent betwean Replicen and Aderans ;>

Is strip goes down? Don't know but i think Replicel wont bring you back a perfect hairline so that's why Strip or FUE will be need.

I'd be cautious over putting too much faith in any of the new treatments being tested. That's not because I don't believe in them, per se, but as Joe says, everything is hype until the results come out.

In addition, the idea that any drug is going to enter the market with the ability to straight up replenish your hair back to native density is a little bit far-fetched I think. There may be great treatments available in the next 5-10 years, certainly, but think about it. How long has hair transplantation been around? And how long has it truly been a refined procedure? There has been a long stretch of time when hair transplantation was a risky and very new endeavour with lots of unknowns and pitfalls. These days it's a much safer and more effective technique, but it's still progressing.

Drugs and other treatments are the same. Even if Replicel or Aderans came out with something in the next 5 years, it's very unlikely to be a magic bullet. It might help somewhat; might compliment existing drugs and surgical techniques, but it's unlikely to be in and of itself a cure for hairloss or anything like it. These treatments will still likely be refined over the following decades.

I could be wrong but I think Replicel's MD gave a talk the other day about their current study in which he described his idea of "brilliant" results as being able to rejuvenate something like 20-25% of the native hair, something on par or a little better than propecia (I cannot recall the exact numbers, but it was along these lines).

Granted this figure may improve as the trials continue, but it demonstrates something - the results currently being aimed for are modest at best. Still impressive, but nothing like the cure for hairloss we've been hoping for. And that's the way medicine works - small steps, continual refinement, implementation with existing treatments. In this day and age it's all but impossible for a new cure to come from nowhere if only because of the rigorous trialling everything must go through.

I do not mean to sound negative; I have great hope for the future and do see genuine progress being made - perhaps even in the next five years. But something that's going to replace hair transplantation? That's going to offer native density again? That kind of thing isn't going to spring up just like that.

I think the best we can hope for in the next 5-10 years is for a few new treatments like Replicel to start making their tentative steps into the marketplace. Perhaps then, if you have the time and inclination, you can maybe combine HTs, drugs and new therapies to get back more hair than you can currently. How much more hair I couldn't say, but it's still unlikely to be native density or anything like. But if you can get back 40-70% of your native hair instead of the usual 35-50%, or if you can offer a constructive hair restoration package for even extreme NW6 and 7 cases, then this would represent a great leap forward and something to look forward to.

So I think we have a right to be optimistic, but the idea we're about to hear of some breakthrough that revolutionises the industry is extremely unlikely. Hair transplants will still likely be around in 10, 20 and 30 years time and I reckon will form the cornerstone of a hair restoration plan for many years to come. If we can augment it with a few new, promising treatments, that's great.

Also, just as an aside, these drugs and therapies will come with their own prices, limitations and potential side effects. When people imagine the word "cure" it's usually synonymous with the fantasy of being safe, cheap and easy. But optimism should always be cautious about how viable any new treatments will be.

Evolution not revolution - and that's never truer than in medicine.