I think these BHT jobs are really starting to shine! Even though they're the procedure of last resort, Dr. Umar seems to be putting out some very impressive results. This guy must be really happy, especially considering from where he started!

I came across this thead because I was considering a beard hair transplant to help fill out my thinning scalp and my crown. I have not had any transplantation done before, but since I caught this thing after the hair loss began, my donor area is not full, and I have some hair recession along the neck.

I used to have longer hair, and with the dark hair/dark skin, it to an extent concealed the hair loss. But the crown's balding is too much for the rest of the hair to mask, so I wound up buzzing it down.

At this point, I found out about Dermatch and Nanogen fibers. It didn't work great with hair any longer than about 6mm buzed down, as the much more thinner crown was too much to cover up with the powder. But I have just enough hair there that when I used those two products on very short hair, it looked like I had full hair, with some receding up front (concealers don't work where there is no hair left). Most people didn't know it was fake hair, unless they knew beforehand, and I happed to get a job transfer at the time and started at the new place with the concealers.

It is, however time consuming to do this, about half hour each day. It also limits me as I cannot up and go out or to work suddenly, or the ruse is up. When I recently started a new career and changed jobs again, I didn't bother with the concealers, but have kept my hair buzzed down. But the hair loss nonetheless is apparent, unless I were willing to go completely bald, which doesn't suit me.

My question for Dr. Umar and others with experience in this matter, is getting hair transplants effective if you plan to maintain close cropped hair? Does having a buzz cut help or hurt?

Most before and after pictures I see are guys with regular length hair. I never see anyone with very short or very long hair.

I am interested to know if getting hair transplants is like throwing out money if you plan to buzz it, or can it save you some money as you don't need dense coverage but still look like you don't have hair loss?

Edited by AB2000

Here's some photos I took four years ago. At this point, I still had somewhat long hair, and hadn't gone down the route of short hair + concealers.

I don't know if this makes a difference in guaging hair loss off a picture, but in these my hair was still wet from a shower and it was clustering together.

But my question is still the same. With this kind of hair loss, would a beard hair transplant help create the appearance of fuller hair up top. even if I were to buzz the hair short?

5b32d099a9114_Back1.jpg.24827718273daa927b664ef24eec7166.jpg

5b32d099bbb1a_Donor1.jpg.eff5da2d70921f32f28e681ce4c6016b.jpg

5b32d099d4d0e_LeftProfile1_x.jpg.3d9d1340726e94f6bf80d3707adb7873.jpg

5b32d099e9c42_Top1.jpg.5e4c8f434c887d354b67f6318289cfa6.jpg

5b32d09a05f7f_RightProfile2_x.jpg.4a307abffff22831b1420beff5880ac8.jpg

Edited by AB2000

I would say yes, because the rep of Bisanga Stephen managed to restore his crown with beard hair and it grew well. He posted his results on hairlossexperience.com, check it out AB2000.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Wow. Not bad, not bad at all. These pictures give a better look at the results. Various lighting conditions and one pic in the pool. The hair looks good. It's a major change. Very promising, especially for those with limited donor supply. Great work Dr. Umar.

Agreed. Great work.

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

I would say yes, because the rep of Bisanga Stephen managed to restore his crown with beard hair and it grew well. He posted his results on hairlossexperience.com, check it out AB2000.

I saw it and this is clearly what i want, my dream result.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

3-4 years on, how is this patient doing now? Some people report that body hair grafts fall off after a year or so, or a large % of them stay in Telogen / resting phase - this means lower density 1-2 year post op.

If the patient still has the same density 3-4 years on, that would really prove that body hair grafts work just as well as scalp hair grafts!

• 2 years later...
3-4 years on, how is this patient doing now? Some people report that body hair grafts fall off after a year or so, or a large % of them stay in Telogen / resting phase - this means lower density 1-2 year post op.

If the patient still has the same density 3-4 years on, that would really prove that body hair grafts work just as well as scalp hair grafts!

Here is a different patient of Dr. Umar who came back 9 years after a BHT to provide updated photos:

Longevity of Leg Hair Grafts in Hairline – 9 Years Update on First Known Leg to Head Transplant Patient

https://www.dermhairclinic.com/leg-hair-grafts-longevity-nine-year-update/

• 2 weeks later...