MPBsucks4545

2,968 FUE by Dr Feriduni

I am 24 years old from England and underwent a 2,968 FUE op with Dr Feriduni on the 20th and 21st October. This is only the secnd day post of so obviously nothing to report but I thought I would post the before and immediately post op photos.

Breakdown of FU:

422 Singles

1680 doubles

866 trebles

Donor density was 108 FU/CM2. Dr Feriduni estimates that I have around 2000-3000 left for future FUE should it be required. Average transplanted density of 50cm/2 although this varies in places.

I would like to say thankyou to all the staff at the clinic who were absalutely brilliant for putting up with me for two days.

Day before

I had a consultation the day before (Wednesday 19th). The Dr answered all the question I asked him and we went through an inital design of the hairline to see what I wanted and his initial thoughts. We were not very far off to begin with. It was decided that the hairline would not lowered but I would have some of the temples filled in to make the hairline look smoother.

1st Day

I arrived into the clinic at about 8.10 and greeted by the Dr. I was taken to my room for the day where I was provided with medical clothes to wear for the day. One changed I was led into the Dr's office at around 8.15am to confirm I was happy with hairline and that I had not changed my mind. Lines were drawn over my hrad to mark out the areas to be operated on.

Two medical assistants greeted me asking if I was nervous and I was very nervous!I was taken to have my hair shaved and wash. Afterwards I was guided to the operating chair to have the antibiotics and anaesthetics taken. I am not afraid of needles but these injections really stung, the painful part of the surgery. I had to lie on my front for around 3-4 hours for the extraction which was 0.95m punch. I cant remember the axact time because I fell asleep.

Was the extractions were taken I was guided to my room to have some lunchI felt quite dizzy due to the injections and being on my front for such a long time. It is quite frustrating because I am certainly not used to staying in the same place for long period.

After lunch I was guided back to the operating chair and the doctor begain making the incisions which took up to 2 hours. The medical assistant then started the placements. The Dr frequently came by to check everything was ok.

At around 5.30 pm I was done for the day and happy to be out of the chair ready for a hair wash. The nurse talked me through it all to make sure I was fine with it. Aferwards I changed back into normal clothes, the Dr checked me out then a taxi took me to my hotel.

Day 2

Day 2 would not be quite as long since most of the grafts has been removed the previous day. I met the Dr at 8.15am who asked if everything was ok. The only problem I had was sleeping due to having to sleep on my back with a neck pillow. I usueally sleep face down so It was not the best night sleep.

I changed in my room for the day and was taken to have my hair washed. Afterwards I was taken the chair for the injections before the extractions started. This lasted around 2 hours and I chatted to the doctor for a while.

The follicles were all examined under microscope as soon as groups of them were extracted. Incisions were them made to create my hairline followed by the placements.

The operation was done my 1:30pm. I had a post op hairline followed my some lunch. The Dr came by to check it all looked ok and told me to call him should I have any further questions or concerns.

The following day I returned for a hair wash before making the journey back to the UK.

Overall I am very pleased with the dedication of all the staff their and I look forward to some growth in the next couple of months.

Please note that note that the majority of the photos are the ones I got the Dr to take on my Iphone so are not the best quality. The three post op photos with the bandage are take by the clinic. I will post the pre op clinic ones once I receive them.

Unfortunately the donor area photos are not great quality. I need to invest in an HD camera! All donor area photos are one day post op.

5b32cff9a07b1_preop1.jpg.4eca720ea6cd6a5362ee9c62e208ae9c.jpg

5b32cff9b192c_preop2.jpg.e8dd72913a407acdd945d83219faa742.jpg

5b32cff9c090f_preop3.jpg.1a3a45f0011c8d347784a0ff5d754aec.jpg

5b32cff9cdf2e_preop4.jpg.2e0027fb1f7512386089e746ea4b3372.jpg

5b32cff9e09b8_preop5.jpg.a1477a0d00676e5d2a17b7821c833fb5.jpg

5b32cffa06fe5_preop6.jpg.fdc53e5c9d43c1f659ee013d38ee1f5f.jpg

5b32cffa2465e_Immiediatelypostop1.jpg.4496e35c27c2ef5b5158adc3eabe8ff4.jpg

5b32cffa3b3b4_Immediatelypostop2.jpg.1f6e27b751985203c36db5d72fd76804.jpg

5b32cffa4e257_Immediatelypostop3.jpg.14fa4a4849aee08e563bb06c0803af75.jpg

5b32cffa5d12b_donor1daypost1.jpg.393d94542aadf83fc1ad7b5e0c60057a.jpg

5b32cffa73c08_donor1daypost2.jpg.fa613c4f2dc7b8acaa895972b3138181.jpg

Edited by MPBsucks4545

Looks very good.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Out of curiosity, what did the doctor say about the wrinkles in your head? This condition is called CVG, or Cutis Verticus Gyrata.

I have it as well. I will be following your case, I see there were not many grafts placed in this area but I am interested to see if the yield is the same.

Are you taking anyFin or using minox?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Although I knew about the wrinkles on my head since i started losing my hair I had no idea what it was. Dr Farjo highlighted the condition when I had a consultation with him 18 months ago and said it was nothing to worry about.

Dr Feriduni said this makes me an ideal patient for Strip but he would not perform it on me due to my family history of hairloss and my age.

Yes I am on both minox and finasteride.

It is sucky to have and I beleive is the reason I am so compulsive about my hair. I would love to kick the shaved heas look but is with this it is just not possible.

Ours are very similar. Yours might be a tiny bit more severe that mine on the left side.

I have also had Dr. Shapiro inquire about this with other doctors and he said that he felt it would yield the same.

I have even thought about having surgery to see if I could get then removed or made smaller by "filleting" the tissue out below the dermis, but I have not followed through.

I am in email communication with 4 others that have this condition and it will be quite exciting to follow your thread. I hope you keep us updated.

By the way, having this conditino is also the reason I will chose strip.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Its never bothered me at all since I first noticed it. It has been noticable to me since having my cut very short for the first time around 19.

I agree that it would be easier to have a shaved look without it but I like hair too much to shave it regardless of the wrinkles!

If I was 10 years older then I may have ventured down the strip path but with family history and my age it is just too much of a risk for me.

I will certainly keep this threat updated.

Edited by MPBsucks4545

Great results. Did the doctors say anything about you getting HT while still quite young?

MPB,

Congratulations! Dr. Feriduni's FUE work always impresses me. I hope you'll continue to keep us updated. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Ziggy,

Myself and the Dr went through my family history of baldness along with my goals/ expectations to ensure they are realistic. Due to my age FUE was the only option really because there is always the risk that the balding will progress therefore the possiblilty of further hairloss.

As long as I was well aware of what I was getting myself into and that I knew about the risks the Dr did not have much concern with me getting an HT at my age. He said the important thing is that I am on fin and minox.

He did mention a fair few times about young patients always wanting to lower their hairlines way to much so I made sure with my hairline it was achievable at a decent density and that he had no objections to it.

14 day post op

All scabs are off and there are no visible signs of surgery. None of the transplanted hairs have yet to shed.

img0252tx.jpg

img0250e.jpg

img0248hw.jpg

backshot.jpg

img0253nk.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg.bac3ba5a5565cc62697fa99d6dbbd085.jpg

Lovely write up.

This is set up for a good one.

What's your long term plan MPB. Are you considering the crown moving into the mid section are are you waiting it out pending how things progress?

Wish Dr Feriduni posted more cases, he seems unjustifiably under represented on this forum.

Jessie

How did you care for your hair MPB and when were all the scabs off by?

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I discussed the long term plan with doctor because because I am concerned about it progressing due to strong family history which is one reason I chose FUE. Based upon what my crown looks like now and back in June 2007 there has been little visible change in the crown so I have no immediate plans to deal with it unless it starts getting visibly thinner.

I do however think that it would need to be assessed on a see as it goes basis as you suggest. I would be reluctant to do anything back there until I reach my thirties but it I will have to wait and see.

I also wished he posted more. He showed me some remarkable examples during my consultation which are unfortunatley not present online.

All scabs were off by day 9. Fortunately I did not need to force them off.

Shedding began as soon as I started rogain foam on day 15. Im not fussed about it since I would rather have them fall out now instead of staying around and not growing for a while longer.

Edited by MPBsucks4545

MPB, What made you go 2 Dr Feriduni? I also have the same amount of hair loss as you did have and also same age as you. But you have better density in the donner area then me. And iam not keen on the fut? Could you please give me some info

I have to thank this forum in most part since In most part I mostly looked at coalition doctors. During my consultations with Dr Farjo in the UK he suggested I look at the doctors in Belgium if I was keen on FUE work. After that I looked in detail at Dr Feriduni , Devroye and Bisanga work. All were impressive but I swayed towards Feriduni. Talking to several patients of his also helped since they had nothing but praise for him.

Cool, i all so think his work is very impressive. How quick was the surgery date from your consultation? Did he suggest fut? I had been in contact with Dr Feller he has seen my photos and suggested 2500 -3000 grafts via fut. But i am not sure if its what i want?

I did not meet him in person until the day before the operation. I had a photo assessment early July and booked the surgery with him for October. I probably could have had it a week or two eariler since a limited number of slots were available before my date.

Dr Feriduni did not suggest strip to me due to family history and age. It was actually Dr Farjo who said FUE may be the better option for me takingf into account my donor area density and extent of hairloss at a young age. He said in my case strip would likely not be in my best interest as I would lose the option to cut is short. He was the only doctor to see me in person prior to my operation with Dr Feriduni.

I was also in contact with Dr Feller via Spex who suggested 2500+ via strip. It can be a tough decision regarding strip and FUE. From my point of view I never want to lose the option have my hair buzzed to grade one. I had my sides and back cut to grade 1.5 yesterday and with strip that would not be possible without revealing the scar.

How do you intend to have your hair when its fully grown?

Mpb

I first went to see Dr Bisanga but he said i am to young for hair transplant. So i also got in contact with Dr feller via Spex. They did say i could go for fue in the future and i will have more donner available if i combine the too.

Don't you think it can be done the other way around? Fue first then fut?

I also have short back and sides something i have always done so really i an in the same situation as you was in. And i can't get in contact with your doc?

Well hopefully in the near future, that will become a reality :)

You on finasteride Jazzy?

Im also having trouble trying to get hold of them by email to get some pictures off them. I tried to call them this afternoon but they were closed. Give them a call next week and ask them if they have received your email. They may simply be very busy.

Thanks Mpb.

Crisdav. I have been on minoxidil for a year with laser treatment. I have started taking finasteride bout a few months now and mainly seen improvment with finasteride 5mg. I cut them into 4's with = 1.25 mg i have to upload sum new pic's. I have also seen a slight thickens in donner area.

Edited by Jazzy