Who is the best hairline transplant surgeon period?

SugarHighs

Yes, this is a concern to me. I have wavy/curly hair, so I wonder how the donor area might lay when growing in the front.

For people with straight hair, it probably doesn't matter.

Your hair is wavy in the front too. Transplanted hairs would be placed to grow at the correct angle.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are on West Coast you may want to visit William (Bill) Reid or Dr. Timothy Carman. They are in San Diego and really focus on hair line. They are conservative in their work, in doing sections of the scalp. Great thing also is you wont have to shave your head for the procedure unles you want to.

If you are on West Coast you may want to visit William (Bill) Reid or Dr. Timothy Carman. They are in San Diego and really focus on hair line. They are conservative in their work, in doing sections of the scalp. Great thing also is you wont have to shave your head for the procedure unles you want to.

This would be very convenient, as I have family in the area. Unfortunately, Reed/Carman do not appear to offer FUE.

Edited by SugarHighs

These are in no order of preference just my opinion on Docs whos hands i would trust my head with for hairline work.

Dr Feller

Dr Alexander

Dr Gabel

Dr Hasson

Dr Wong

Dr Rahal

Dr Lindsey

Dr Ron Shapiro

Dr Charles

Best

Spex

Thanks Spex!

I think I am going to find myself choosing between Dr Feller, Dr Rahal, Dr. Ron, and H&W. This is not an indictment against any other doctor listed here, however I have followed the work of these four clinics on forums like this one for nearly 5 years, and my interest really increased around 3 years ago.

I was initially scared of Rahal and H&W because dense packing simply looked too good to be true. But now it's years later, and literally hundreds of patients have posted their results here, and on similar forums during that time. It's also really nice that there are some videos out there.

Since they do not offer FUE, I am very reluctant to go with H&W. I actually contacted their office in 2009, and probably would have gone forward with surgery, however I just don't want the slit scar, however minimal it may be. H&W were very prompt and professional in their reply when asked why they don't do FUE, stating:

"The doctors feel that with the FUE technique there is too much transection of the follicular unit bundles in the harvesting process. The strip method allows the doctors to harvest more follicular units with minimal to no damage to the follicular unit bundles."

That said, their result via strip are pretty amazing.

So I guess I've got to take a little more time and figure this out. Thanks much again for the help.

Thanks.

If I were looking for strip (or wasn't eligible for FUE) I would almost certainly go to H&W due to their reasonable proximity to me and their presumed quality of work.

In fact, I probably would've gone a couple years ago. But I'm glad I waited. I was mid-30s then, and I'm late 30s now. Overall, the timing feels more appropriate now.

Spex,

Dr. Konior is one of the doctors that I've had the pleasure of consulting with in person. I was able to see a patient of his during that visit and I was blown away by how natural it looked. And, while we all know that pictures can be deceiving, for what it's worth, the hundreds of photographs he had on his computer were as great as the ones that he posts on this forum.

I'm going to Dr. Rahal around the holidays. FUE.

Thanks everyone.

Congrats. The day is right around the corner. That long coat will come in handy. Nice and cool around that time. Can't wait to see your progress. Wish you the best.

i am in the same boat as you.. B/W those top 3 docs... But i started seeing some amazing results from a doctor in florida called Bolton. Now i am undesided... And trust me i have been a long time researcher on this subject as my hair is a big deal... I want to choose the right doc too... As that time has come for me.

Kol

• 2 years later...
Hi Guys,

Do you recommend Dr Ron Shapiro for FUE?. I see he has good hairline results on his website but wasn't sure if he can achieve the same with FUE aswell

I personally wouldn't go with Shapiro for FUE. They do great strip but there have been a slew of unimpressive FUE results from them over time. I would only trust Doctor's Lorenzo, Erdogan, Maras, Mwamba, Bisanga, Reddy, Feriduni and Hakan for FUE. Those guys made a conscious effort to master FUE and they perform FUE either exclusive or predominantly unlike other surgeons who perform strip most of the time. That is my opinion. Grafts are finite and I would not go to anyone who is not the best in the field.

As per to the thread's original title, that would be Dr. Raymond Konior in Chicago, he's been doing more FUE cases recently btw

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I think the Shapiro brothers do excellent FUE work. They are so ethical, I have to believe that they would not be doing FUE unless they feel they can do it very well.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I think with the Shapiro's FUE the issue was not so much with their work, rather that they had been using the ARTAS robotic system instead of going with manual fue

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks hsrp10 and cant decide. I have been trying with Dr Konior but he seems to be too busy to answer my emails. I visited his office and was only able to talk to his consultant. He told me he will talk to the doctor and get back to me and hasnt yet. Anyway, in the mean time I researched other doctors and on this thread, Dr Feller seem to get more votes for FUE and Dr Shapiro after him. Dr Feller is charging $10 per graft for FUE(but his FUT-strip is a lot cheaper than Dr Konior. I am not sure about the quality though). Dr Shapiro is chaging $7 per graft for FUE. That is why I was asking if anyone suggests Dr Shapiro for FUE. But anyway, yesterday I read soem info on Dr Shapiro's website and it says FUE has some disadvantages and one of them is the amount of harvest. With FUE you will get almost half the harvest you can get with strip and the donor hair might be taken from non permanenet area aswell. So, I though of going with FUT-strip. In that case Dr Feller is cheaper in case of FUT-strip. I see impressive results on his website but wasn't sure if it there were done with FUE or strip. Does anyone have any idea how Dr Feller's strip method transplant is? I see most of them suggests him for FUE but I wanted to know how his strip method transplant is?

Feller is known predominantly for fut not fue!! Don't know why anyone would suggest him for fue as I believe he isn't very comfortable doing anything above 1000-1500 grafts and suggests fut if it's above that number!!

Good doc good results!!

But if fut I'd look at koniour and rhal or the sharpio brothers!!

Although rhal is in canada!!