Who is the best hairline transplant surgeon period?

SugarHighs

Hi Folks,

Not to be obnoxious with my first post, but I am a pretty straightforward guy. I am wondering who are the world's 2-3 best hair docs, considering:

a) I want FUE only

b) Hairline restoration is my main priority

Cost of the surgery is irrelevant. I will travel anywhere in the world, although I am located on the US West Coast.

Thanks! :)

Sugar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want FUE only, I would recommend the best FUE surgeon in US (Dr. Feller), IMO he is the most experienced in this type of surgeries. However he is located in NY which is East Coast. There are very few good FUE surgeons as this type of surgery really needs long experience cause without it it will yield poorly.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks, Hariri.

Based on research I've done over the last month or so, I also have Dr. Feller on my list.

I am also thinking about Dr. Rahal and Dr. Shapiro.

Artistically speaking, both have hairline photos that are unbelievable - they look almost too good to be true. Although I suspect only the patients with the best results make it into the online gallery.

Thanks,

Sugar

Edited by SugarHighs

Well No doubt that Dr. Rahal is the king of hairlines as he was my choice for my repair by a strip surgery. However I understood that you insist on FUE, thats why I recommended Dr. Feller. I really strongly believe that he is superior in FUE technique. Try to contact SPEX and he will show you unbelievable FUE results produced by Dr. Feller.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks, fellas.

Yes Hariri, I understand the FUE extraction sites are much less visible than FUT strip scars. I want FUE in case I will buzz off all my hair one day.

That day may be a long day away, but I want to consider the future.

Thanks,

Sugar

Have you seen any of Dr Bisanga's work?

Yes, I have looked at his web site for over an hour. If I can be convinced he is better suited for me than any North American doctor, then I will go there. However, Belgium is far away.

IMHO, there is no "single best" HT surgeon for hairline work. There are a number of them that do world class results.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Sugarhighs, I think that the best in the business have been mentioned in this thread. I have seen really good results from rahal lately as well as SMG. I had hairline work with Bisanga and am happy with it.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Yeah I agree with Levaris. Bisanga is the best FUE surgeon in the world in my opinion, He is amazingly talented and I have seen two results LIVE plus he can do all type of FUE from scalp hair to beard hair to body hair. However in US I would say Dr. Feller (Bisanga US Version).

My Hair Treatments:

IMHO, there is no "single best" HT surgeon for hairline work. There are a number of them that do world class results.

I agree completely. There simply is no "best" or "king".

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

sugarhighs

I've been around here since 2006 , on fin , had a ht , shown it to guys comtemplating a ht in the uk and posted regular updates with pics .

I've seen some great fue work from all the guys listed above and I'm currently looking at getting another ht to concetrate on the front and temples , for me i'll be going strip and with Dr Feller , I need strip due to wanting over 2000 grafts .

I think Dr Feller creats one of the most undetecteble hairline ht and has been doing fue the longest , you won't go wrong with Dr Feller and he is definatly worth a consult .

good luck bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

I suspect only the patients with the best results make it into the online gallery.

This is probably generally true of the HT world, but I think with the doctors you're considering, the results posted by patients to the forums match those posted on the website galleries.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks, el nino. Your HT results are unbelievable! Very nice.

Thanks pal.....and rest assured my hair looks just as good in person. Like matt says the best Docs don't need to cherry pick the results which are shown.

My latest pics show me with a buzzed 3 cut all over. Not many HT patients can get away with this because it destroys the illusion of density which is what most HTs are. And it can leave the scar exposed.

But my crown has been dense packed to 72 FUs per cm2 by the king of dense packing. So I don't need to have long hair or any dodgy comb overs for a good look. But I may try a mowhawk when it has fully matured. (joke.....maybe).

Good luck.

Dr. Feller has the most experience of all the docs mentioned and he is the only one I would 100% trust with a FUE surgery as of right now. Dr. Rahal and Shapiro have been showing some nice results here, though. Consult with as many as you can. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Has anyone ever considered that your own hair (donor) has a lot to do with how the hairline will look ?

Nobody mentions this but I think it's true as not all hair will not lay the same even when cut up into small grafts and dense packed.

Any thoughts ?

Has anyone ever considered that your own hair (donor) has a lot to do with how the hairline will look ?

Nobody mentions this but I think it's true as not all hair will not lay the same even when cut up into small grafts and dense packed.

Any thoughts ?

Yes, this is a concern to me. I have wavy/curly hair, so I wonder how the donor area might lay when growing in the front.

For people with straight hair, it probably doesn't matter.

I think that Rahal is the best agressive, dense placing doc.

SMG is the best if you are ok or prefer conservative.

I have seen a lot of good results from Dr. Feller, but would not place him at the top right now for me personally.

Rahal has probably had the hottest streak so far.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Dr. Ron Shapiro is the doctor that is always involved in the hairline conversations and debates. His opinion is always appreciated. I am lucky to have had the opportunity to have worked with him in his Minneapolis office for many years and had a chance to observe many great hairline cases that he performed. It has definitely made a difference in the way I do hairlines in my cases.