Replicel and the future of HT

I was just wondering what other users think about the science behind Replicel?

As a prospective patient, does it even make sense for me to get an HT given that Replicel could be the answer to all or hopes and dreams within the next 3-5 years or so?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I'd hold out.. but not because Replicel might be releasing something new in about 2-3 or 200 years. I'd hold out because mid-twenties is generally pretty young to be getting a HT. Always exceptions of course.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Of course. But if you were in your mid twenties would you get a transplant right now or hold out?

It would depend on the rate of my hair loss. I'd probably get an HT doctor to do some miniaturization tests and evaluate where my hair might be 5-10 years in the future and go from there.

Replicel could be 2 years out. Or it could never reach the public. For my money, it's better to just pretend it doesn't exist for the time being. People have been saying cloning & other cell-based solutions were "right around the corner" for over 20 years.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Replicel is an exciting concept and one day it might be viable. On the other hand it may never pan out at all. No one knows. There have been many things like this that have vever panned out. I truly hope it does....that would be awesome. If I wanted more hair, I would not wat around for it because it is far from certain and even if it is viable it could be years away. That said I do agree that most of the time getting a HT in your mid 20's is not the best idea for long term planning.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

For all the hair loss veterans, how does this hype compare to the last 20 years of hair loss cure research? I have just recently started receding within the last two years but it's moving fast. Every time I read about potential breakthroughs in any cures it is usually followed by a comment from someone with hair loss to the effect that we've been in the same place for the last 20 years.

So are there realistic advances being made? I am beginning to realize most of the speculation and results seem to be repeat statements or small dime sized pictures of evidenced results. Are we really making progress or can these be sales presentations for investors?

I would just like to know how similar these "exciting developments" compare to stories of years past and if anything has really developed. Don't want to get caught monitoring the progress of the end all cure for the next 20 years.

I think that something is right around the corner. But, 3-5 years is a long time for someone that is obsessing over his hair. Get on meds first, but life is really short, I say if you are a good candidate, don't wait around for the miracle cure. (But again, I do believe that we will figure it out.)

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

We should be able determine if Replicel has any success after the first trial results in early 2012? Replicel appears to have some genuine science behind it. But like Aaron said, if your in the mid twenties, I would take a cautious approach. I agree, get on meds and weigh your options carefully and do your homework.