hello all,

it's been ten weeks after my last transplant procedure

i know that it's expected to have some pimples in the transplanted area, and i also know that after the first two weeks the grafts are stable and can't get dislodged. in theory.

yesterday i noticed a pimple in the recipient area and i squeezed it out, as i was told to do. usually i see a little blood coming out or a certain water-like fluid.

but in that case, i noticed, along with blood, smegma and a four-hair graft which obviously was not shed before.

the question is.. is it possible that i dislodged the graft along with that four-hair ''bundle''? in case it wasn't stable or put right in there. i can't seem to tell if it was just smegma or the graft as well, and i haven't seen a four-hair coming out ever before.

thank you

It sounds to me like you saw a 4 hair FU once you squeezed the pimple. It does not sound like you lost the graft or FU. Trust me, when a graft is popped or lost, a strong trickle of blood will ooze out and run down your scalp. Yet after 10 weeks time post-op, it was not a graft popped.

Whenever squeezing pimples, be sure to not use your bare fingers or finger nails. They carry lots of germs. Better to first soften the pimples with a very warm and clean wet wash cloth. Hold the warm cloth to the pimple area for several minutes and then sqeeze the pimple using the cloth, not your bare fingers.

Best wishes on your regrowth. You are on the threshold of am awesome transformation!;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Gillenator's advice is spot on.

After my first HT, my pimples were so bad that I was actually concerned of permanent scarring.

But these days, I wear them proudly. It's a sign of great things to come.

You certainly didn't lose the FU. Just think...

A few months from now, that'll be a perfectly healthy 4 FU graft. Except then, it'll have TONS of cousins!!! :)

Happy healing!

You can never be too careful. So if oddities continue, a follow up visit to your HT surgeon may not be a bad idea.