What do you prefer -"Lateral Slit" vs. "Sagital" Incision?

Do you prefer the Lateral Slit or the Sagital Incision for H.T?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my research, I have noticed that the dr's who perform sgital incisions do graphs averaging about 2500. Then want you to come in later for further surgeries. Those who do lateral slit Incisions average about 4,500 graphs in 1 surgery.

What is everybodies preferance? Has anyone done both???

Trying to figure out Dr. Wongs method compared to Dr. Reed's method- both are recommended dr's on this sight and both have won Golden/Platnum AWARDS

Edited by Laze

Lateral slit makes much more sense. Jotronic has a video on his site showing the difference it makes to a apple. On top of that it's obvious that side by side hairs will have better coverage.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Still trying to figure this out. Dr. Hasson and Wong- are so far away and it looks like the recovery takes months of redness and I must shave the head. I am a PASTOR and speak 3 times a week. If I do the lateral slit- everybody will notice (unless I take a 6 month vacation to grow my hair out, which I cant)- am I wrong??

Both the sagittal and coronal slit have their place in hair transplantation. I often use combinations and have done very large cases using both methods. It should really depend on the individual factors of the case including but not limited to what type of hair the patient has, is there existing hair that the doctor needs to avoid damaging, and how many grafts per sq cm. By the way both of the doctors you mentioned get really nice results.

Thanx's for the input Dr. Charles- Dr. Carman replied back and said he does both as well. I like all of their work- its just they do not do the large "mega" sessions over 4k graphs because of the risks involved. Not sure if I should be thankful for their concerns or cautious because of the multiple surgeries I would have to do- when others are doing such large graphs in only 1 setting????

Thanx's for the input Dr. Charles- Dr. Carman replied back and said he does both as well. I like all of their work- its just they do not do the large "mega" sessions over 4k graphs because of the risks involved. Not sure if I should be thankful for their concerns or cautious because of the multiple surgeries I would have to do- when others are doing such large graphs in only 1 setting????
What is your hair loss level friend? That will determine the value of 4k grafts, that and your hair quality.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I am between a 3V and 4- Thanks

Dr. Carman sems like he does excellent hair lines. But on this website, I cant find that many people who have used him. They seem to only average max 3k graphs

I am between a 3V and 4- Thanks

Dr. Carman sems like he does excellent hair lines. But on this website, I cant find that many people who have used him. They seem to only average max 3k graphs

Well you have two plans of attack then, either do only the front and wait with the crown or go to a doc willing to do more grafts. To my knowledge Dr. Steve Gabel in oregon will do as much as necessary and prices on a sliding scale that makes him much more affordable than H&W and in my opinion just as good. Edited by Speegs

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Still trying to figure this out. Dr. Hasson and Wong- are so far away and it looks like the recovery takes months of redness and I must shave the head. I am a PASTOR and speak 3 times a week. If I do the lateral slit- everybody will notice (unless I take a 6 month vacation to grow my hair out, which I cant)- am I wrong??

Redness varies from patient to patient. Most people only have the share the area being transplanted. Others choose to shave the entire head but this is not a requirement. Every doctor is different.

This is my post op pictures at 3700 grafts 12 days out. Very little to no redness.

A pastor that wants a hair transplant? Isnt that concerned vain one of the seven sins? :)

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

As a pastor, I would like to think that you would be very open with this. It would make a great sermon about changes we make, accepting the changes that others choose to make. I think your listeners would be very inspired to accept things that others do like this. Personally, a great hair transplant surgery is nothing to hide from others, even the recovery. There are many people out there with physical deformities that they may not be able to hide their situation, and may be uncomfortable with it. I really think you could inspire people in many ways if you decide to do this and be open about it during your speaking.

Wow- that looks pretty good. You are one of the lucky ones that have a nice lookin shaved head. I do notice hardly no redness, thats amazing. However, I still notice on other people an inflamed look that sometimes last for 2-3 months after. I guess every case is differant.

My scalp is pretty sensitive.

As far as vanity is concerned, it is mostly talked about in the context that EVERYTHING on earth is vanity/meaningless without fearing God. All sin is deadly. THere is no list mentioning just 7 deadly sins.

No worries, having a HT, or trying to keep the hair God gave us is not a sin any more than wearing glasses are in order to keep the vision God has given us. This is all cosmetic stuff. Sin is the evil "in" our head, not the transplant "on" our head.:rolleyes:

No worries, having a HT, or trying to keep the hair God gave us is not a sin any more than wearing glasses are in order to keep the vision God has given us. This is all cosmetic stuff. Sin is the evil "in" our head, not the transplant "on" our head.:rolleyes:

Laze I am not sure what photos you are looking at. The inflammation if there is any usually is the salien used to puff up the scalp in order to give a better density. This look can last from the Day 1 to Day 3, then usually moves down the scalp to the face. This is why some patients look swollen from Day4 to Day6.

As for the redness everyone is different. I know some people where it lasted for 3 months and others only a week. In most cases at 1 month all the redness is pretty much gone. I am not positive you may also used vitamin E to help get rid of it.

Your concern is legit and I fully understand. Many Italians that I deal with have to be back at work within 1 month. Usually all the concern is for not.

Did god have to make women so beautiful and our hormones so strong? I myself and I god fearing Christian and have no problem following it expect for women. That is my weakness...:rolleyes:

This is a photo of a patients 12 days out of a transplant of 7800 grafts. Sorry the picture looks bad but there is a little redness and no inflammation.

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson