My Hairloss Story *6 Years of Pictures*

brogain

Hi guys,

I wanted to share my story with all of you. I have been using Propecia since September 2010. I have found that Propecia for the most part halted the hairloss but not have much impact in terms of regrowth. It did however thicken the hair I already have and I did not experience any side effects from the drug.

On the 21st July I started using Minoxidil x2 a day applied to the hairline only where I am experiencing thinning. I have been taking photos every three weeks to document my progress. On the 1st August photo you can see how the shedding has had an effect on the general thickness of my hair. In the past six weeks I have noticed a real decrease in shedding and my hairline is getting thicker and easier to style.

Let me know what you think!

hair.jpg.2cbc07d1778d81e49f5bfa3633352833.jpg

5b32cfc91ec99_6Years.jpg.860c57d9cd0efbe4193d1193de272b4e.jpg

Cheers man! :)

I can see a ton of vellus hairs on my hairline. The area on my right temple which had no hair is now filling in with thicker hairs. If this is what Minoxidil can do in two months I can't wait to see what my hair is like at six months!

They really should not put that it is only for the crown on the bottle. I understand this is because the crown was the only place it was tested in the clinical trials. I brought a bottle of Rogain three years ago and then returned it when I read it was not for use at the temples. How stupid I was!! I should never have waited to get on this stuff

I would like to stop Propecia but feel it would be detrimental to my progress even though it has not done much in terms of regrowth.

Agreed!

Propecia is the only thing inhibiting the DHT and stopping more of my hair falling out. The big 3 are working for thankfully so I won't be changing a winning formula. I will always strive for improvement and will add anything which could help me with further gains. Im just so stoked that I'm slowly getting my hold hairline back again.

At this point I would say my hairline is heading back to how it was three years ago. If it returns to anything like the 2006 hairline when I first started to notice thinning I will be over the moon!

My advice too anyone reading this thread who is just starting to experience hair loss attack it with the big3 sooner rather than later. Be sure to take plenty of photos to monitor your progress and do your research. I've learnt so much from reading this forum!

You're looking pretty stable. It's nice that you did 6 years of pics. That is the way to judge things.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Apart from 2011 photos I did not take the 6 year pictures to show my hairloss. They are just snaps I had on my computer from holidays, party's etc, but are really useful to see how my hair has been thinning and see what I'm up against.

Its really difficult to evaluate success when your constantly striving for something better. It really was not until today when I saw my photos and thought... God damn it's actually working!! Taking regular photos for anyone who's on meds is a must!

Wow, you stabilized your hair loss on Fin and your manhood didn't even fall off. I'm shocked! ;)

Looking good there brogain!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

That looks fantastic! I've been using Minoxidil, Proscar and Nizoral for over a year now, but my hair regrowth at the front is no where near as good as that.

Can i ask how old you are?

I'll be 43 on friday, so am hoping I can stabilise it at least. :)

I just turned 28 in August so feel I've caught my hair loss relatively early in life. Both my father and the men on my mums side went bald at an early age, so I feel very lucky to have the amount of hair that I do have! My goal is to maintainnp this for as long as possible.

My hairline has deffiantly been getting worse since 2006 when I first noticed some thinning in that area. Gradually my hair at the front was becoming more and more see-through. Even when I started Propecia in 2010 my hair did not noticeably change (although it did stop getting thinner).

I saw Minoxidil as a bit of a gamble because of the shedding period. Six weeks in I though to myself, what have I done! I was depressed to loose more and more hairs every day. I'm so thankful that I'm having a positive reponse to the drug two months on. That's why I want to share my story and hopefully help anyone else who is in a similar position.

I think Minoxidil without Propecia is almost useless. Propecia on it's own is fine if you are only happy to keep what hair you have. If you want significant noticeable improvement you need to add the Minoxidil. I just wish I started sooner!

• 3 weeks later...

Three months to the day since I started minoxidil to my temples and I couldn't be happier!

My hairline is filling in nicely!!!

I will continue taking pictures every three weeks over the next year to monitor progress.

• 1 month later...

Thanks :) checking in at the five month mark. Hair still looking great!! I've been a little relaxed as far as my regimen goes in the past couple of weeks with work and travel. However, this does not seem to have impacted on my hair which is still improving.

Will update photos over the Xmas hols :)

• 1 month later...

Time for a new year update.

My hair is now extremely thick and the hairline has almost completely filled in. I am amazed at how much hair I have managed to grow back and just how good my hair looks now compared to before.

I had to take some passport photos yesterday, and comparing my hair now to when I was 16 there is almost no difference. I find this amazing considering the history of MPB in my family and how bad my hair was looking after going through the initial Minoxidil shed (see August 2011 photo).

All I can say is that my regimen is pretty solid right now. Consistency is absolutely key! It's the only way to know if you are getting results or not from the treatments.

Comments and questions welcomed

P1040141.jpg.1cdc66c526395e19fa35069aebf469f4.jpg

Shows you the power of the proven, Big 3. This should be a poster on this forum for all newbies who are asking for answers.

Of course, the results might not work to this extent on everyone but it is certainly better than the combined "results" of the crap that is our there!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 4 months later...

Brogain do you have a picture that is as big and clear as this last one of you before you started using it.

Im using minox and propecia and need a little boost as the front has shed pretty aggressively...

• 2 years later...

OK - So i have not posted an update on here since March 2011! So thought it would be time to review my progress.

First I thought it would be good to give a quick summary of my regime and story so far. My earlier photos can be found at the beginning of the thread so I wont repost any of those.

2006 - Started to notice receding hairline

September 2010 - Started Propecia (1mg daily) and Nizoral

March 2011 - Started using Minoxidil (Rogaine but switched to Kirklands Foam later)

November 2012 - Changed to 0.5mg Propecia daily

So I have pretty much consistently kept the above routine of the big 3 to date. In the early days I would never miss an application or dose but over time I have become a little more relaxed and not so worried if i miss 1-2 of these per week.

Let me know what you guys think.

DSC_0074.jpg.e4e4d1f018b77576ce815b9df4e6fc7c.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg.f34284e23399327a03d68f55d32169e0.jpg