Jotronic-HT#4-11 Months

Jotronic

So next month is my one year annivesary for HT#4 with Dr. Wong. For those that don't know Dr. Wong did 1399 grafts for me with the primary goal of touching on the lower half of my crown area which was never addressed previously. The intention was for me to be able to have shorter haircuts without having to worry about any issues of inconsistency in overall crown density. In other words, I wanted to make sure the top half of my crown was not fuller looking than the bottom half of my crown. Mission accomplished as well as some nice additional density in my temple points.

As a byproduct, even though my donor scarring was deemed unremarkable, after 9360 grafts with Dr. Wong my donor scar is actualy finer now than it has EVER been. I can actually get away with a #3 buzz cut and have zero evidence of surgery at this length. More on that later. I'm going to be updating my website as well as my HTN blog in a couple of weeks on the actual one year anniversary (Oct. 5th) but I thought I'd share a few shots taken by Mrs. Jotronic from a couple of weeks ago when we were taking a walk near our home and goofing off with my camera. Consider this a teaser update for now before the one year update.

dsc_1007.jpg?844356410

dsc_1010.jpg?1623761336

dsc_1012.jpg?675039416

dsc_1016.jpg?345786764

dsc_1025.jpg?477484160

Blue Steele!!!!!!!

dsc_1032.jpg?1117687700

And as a reminder, this is me right before my first surgery with Dr. Wong almost ten years ago...

03.jpg?1989034287

04.jpg?713980280

08.jpg?597393248

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a transformation!!! Unbelievable work by Dr. Wong! I have had the pleasure of meeting Jotronic and his hair looks even better in person! Congrats again!

Jo,

Such an amazing transformation! Thank you for keeping us updated and congratulations on all your progress.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Can't believe it's nearly a year that has flown by mate, you look great. Have you been working out too or has your hair given you strength like Samson lol?

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Not impressed. It's like only a million times better when I was expecting billions. And are those railroad tracks caused by leaving in the staples too long? :D

Only kidding of course. Just such an unbelievable turn around from ten years ago. It goes to show you don't have to look worse with age. You might have to work harder but it's still possible. Well done Joe - you're a great example for all of us. Can't wait to see those close ups of your crown!

Simply legendary.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Joe,

What can I say? Your hair looks great. A true success. A completely undetectable and natural appearance.

Congratulations, Joe.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Your hair looks amazing Joe. I also can't believe it's been almost a year since the last procedure!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Further congrats. If anybody deserves a happy ending, its you. For sure I have been through your original threads over the past few years. But judging from those pre HT photos, you hair type certainly doesnt seem to be on the thick side. It amazes me how you have managed to acheive so much with your graft count! Unbelievable!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

If I'm ever gonna have a ht, that will be because of you since you were there first one that I've seen in my research. And I believe you have been very inspirational for us ,hair loss sufferers that there is always a hope out there.

Congrats on ending your journey . Ops , sorry fantastic result by the way:)

Joe, I think Dr. Wong won the Golden Follicle Award because of your results. Seriously surgery after surgery you get better and better. Long term results and great management of grafts :-D

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I'm so jealous of you Joe! *shakes fist*

So does the doctor say your donor area is "done" or is there an estimate for the remaining grafts (assuming you want more surgeries)? Is your density considered above average?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Guys,

Thanks to you all for your comments. It still feels good after all these years:) Today is the official one year anniversary of my 4th round but unfortunately I haven't had time to get enough new info together to mark the occasion. That's the problem with being a newlywed and doing photo shoots on the side;) BUT, I do have some new stuff to share soon so hopefully, if time allows, I'll put some updates up this week.

Multiplier,

My donor is not technically done. I can get more if I want it, between 1500 and 2000 more but this procedure was also designed to do something I have not really mentioned thus far. Dr. Wong took this opportunity to use me as a guinea pig....again... to monitor a new donor closure approach he had in mind. It is because of this closure that I can have my hair so short now. If I want, I can get more, but I like the way things have shaped up in my donor area so I'm not in a rush to start over again:) I may opt for another alternative in the near future.

Azazelgs,

Good question. I estimate that had I never had surgery before my first with Dr. Wong, and didn't have two donor scars, I would most likely have been the first 4000 graft case. This is not a big deal now but I'm talking about way back in March 2002, almost ten years ago. That benchmark occurred shortly thereafter however with another patient. Assuming that if I were to have another 1500 grafts via strip in this reality, which is still possible, I believe a further 2000 grafts beyond that would have been possible as the final endgame for me in an alternate reality. In other words, as a virgin scalp, taking the path I have with Dr. Wong, I'd have probably 13,000 to 14,000 grafts in my bank in total. The possibility boggles my mind!

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians