Posting my 8th month result 2500 grafts Dr Armani

dpanet

I'm currently on my 8th month, based on the doctor calculations, I should be seeing 70% progress, I had 2500 grafts on my CROWN, I had an average, but very thin hair prior to the surgery ,so I wasn't completely bold, I'm putting my pictures and I'm asking for your feedback as far as the result , and if it is what I should be expecting.

From my personal opinion, i'm really disappointed on how the results turned out to be ,I thought by now I would have a full covered hair, but what I've noticed is i'm still seeing gaps, keep in mind i'm on Rogain for almost 10 months, and it is obvious is doing nothing to grow my normal hair back, your feedback and comments will be really appreciated, and It will give me an insight on what to do next, unfortanately I tried to look for pictures prior to the suregry , but I can assure you I had a good amount of hair on my crown, I wouldn't compare it with the results now, but I don't see major improvement between then and now.

Edited by dpanet

dpanet,

Don't despair (at least not yet). From everything I've seen and read, the crown tends to take longer to grow and fully mature. Plus, everyone grows at different rates. For this reason, at 8 months, it's possible that you're only at about 40-50% of your growth, with full maturity at closer to 18 months.

Hang in there at least until the 12 month mark to make some assessment. Have you spoken to Armani about your concerns?

PS - perhaps email the clinic to see if they can share some pre-op with you?

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

It's really tough to comment on the results without before pics. If you were slick bald before then it's pretty good. But if not, who knows?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Originally posted by aaron1234:

It's really tough to comment on the results without before pics. If you were slick bald before then it's pretty good. But if not, who knows?

ditto - it's impossible for us to really comment not having any comparison.

fyi - Dr. Armani isn't the most popular HT surgeon around these parts. Personally, I have no knowledge about the quality of his work (and that's why I'm actually very happy you posted here), but I detest the way he markets himself.

THanks for the replies so far.

Prior to posting, I clearly knew the forum opinion about Armani work and his ethic, we can discuss this in detail , but I will leave that to a seperate discussion topic, for now I just wanted to know if the results are normal or matches to what other should expect by that time period, or I should start ringing the alarm bill.

I think wihtout a comparison picture it wouldn't be fair, I will contact the patient care and see if they can provide me this information.

The Dr is currently on medical leave, he has done a surgery as far as I was told, so I wouldn't know his feedback untill May.

As the others have said, we really need before pics. It is possible that your full results are yet to show. Have you had no improvement? What do other people think?

It could be that the change has been gradual and that's why you aren't noticing it.

Was this FUE surgery?

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Yes, it was FUE , there is improvement definitely, there is hair growing on my crown over the months after the surgery, though it is extremely slow.

I'm just worried that i'm nearing my one year , and my crown has not still been covered with hair, I don't see how more hair will grow if I'm in my 8 month and I should expect a 70% result, that is all what worries me only, but as far as hair growth there is growth, but the density is not there. Some of you is suggesting that I should wait for 18 month, I would do it , but I really wanna hear that from someone who had a similar experience.

I informed the patient care if they can send my pre-op pictures, let me see what they say about that.

Hi dp--- the crown generally comes along slowly...I think you should be prepared to wait until 12-14 months to see a true result.

I would get your pre and post op photos to mark your progress and I would continue to take a photo of your crown each month so you can see improvements as your crown grows in.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by dpanet:

The Dr is currently on medical leave, he has done a surgery as far as I was told, so I wouldn't know his feedback untill May.

Am I reading this right? Dr. Armani had some sort of personal surgery and therefore, is "unavailable" to talk to his concerned patient for another 2 months!?

Sound like *** to me. I bet they're just saying that to buy themselves 2 more months crossing their fingers that your opinion changes in that time.

Dpanet,

I understand your concerns and I know that 8 months seems like a long time, but as others have mentioned, the crown does take longer then the hairline and mid scalp to see the full result. You have many more months of growth and thickening to come before the final result is in.

Please continue to follow the post op instructions.

Dr. Armani has recently undergone back surgery and is healing, but if you PM me I will be sure to put you in touch with him so he can address your concerns further.

Please remember, you are only about half way there, when it comes to the crown the result takes 18 months.

Eric

Patient Care

Alvi Armani

I managed to get a pre-op picture, I had a long hair back then

Image1

I'm currently 27 , I used to be on Finasteride for one year, but it also didn't work in my case, I'm not sure, but it seems my baldness is genetic, so whatever medication I use, it sure is not slowing down my baldness, that what I have experienced from using both medications, Rogaine and Finasteride.

Even though I'm on Rogaine now for 10 months,twice a day , I'm still losing hair especially to my hairline.

There is certainly improvement, but I have to question the soundness in transplanting the crown of a 27 year old patient, especially one who has had no luck with propecia and is continuing to lose more hair.

I wish you luck dpanet.

.... for now I just wanted to know if the results are normal or matches to what other should expect by that time period....

dpanet, everybody is different in their physiology. however, if you want to try to compare, why not ask Pats205 for his crown FUE pics? He had a 4,060 graft FUE transplant to his crown in March of 2007 so he is fully grown out and should be able to provide pictures showing the growth timeline. I realize 4,060 grafts is a lot more grafts than you had, but it can still give you an idea of how the crown fills in over time.

as far as post op instructions...you are way past that point. the only thing you could be doing is taking Propecia and Rogaine at this point post op, but you said you aren't using those.

Originally posted by lanthanos:

.... for now I just wanted to know if the results are normal or matches to what other should expect by that time period....

dpanet, everybody is different in their physiology. however, if you want to try to compare, why not ask Pats205 for his crown FUE pics? He had a 4,060 graft FUE transplant to his crown in March of 2007 so he is fully grown out and should be able to provide pictures showing the growth timeline. I realize 4,060 grafts is a lot more grafts than you had, but it can still give you an idea of how the crown fills in over time.

as far as post op instructions...you are way past that point. the only thing you could be doing is taking Propecia and Rogaine at this point post op, but you said you aren't using those.

Just so there is no mistaking, I had 4,060 grafts FUSS March 2007 for zones 1, 2 with light coverage in zone 3.

I had a 2nd procedure with Dr. Armani January 2008 for 2,400 FUE grafts for zones 3 and 4.

Anyone who wants to see my crown photos can PM me.

Eric

Patient Care

Alvi Armani

Ah, I did get that wrong about the March 07 surgery being strip. My mistake.

However, your FUE procedure is still 2 years fully grown out, a perfect example for dpanet.

Also, that means Pats205 crown FUE procedure of 2,400 grafts is extremely similar in number of grafts to dpanet's 2,500, so they should be even more comparable.

It would be interesting to see the pictures here, but really it's more important that dpanet sees them. It sounds like he needs to see 8 month post op pics, and then pics showing more growth after that up to 18 months. I hope he gets to see them to ease his anxieties, he's obviously disappointed.

wish you the best dpanet

Pats,

I understand that members of our community are asking to see your results. However, given Dr. Armani's history of suing this community and his patients for sharing their genuine opinons and experiences with your clinic when they're less than optimal, I see no reason to allow you to promote Dr. Armani and share your results using our services. This includes private messaging.

If you are genuinely interested in encouraging and helping dpanet, and you think sending him your photos will help him, feel free to send him a message with your email address and invite him to contact you off this community.

Regards,

Bill

Appreciate the replies so far, That what really makes this forum so valuable for all the baldies icon_biggrin.gif.

I've seen Pat's post-ops , the end result is excellent, and this is exactly what my end result expectations are, I'm putting June as a month when I will reevaluate the progress again, hopefully by that time I can see a considerable amount of growth , otherwise I will be really , really disappointed.

dpanet,

At only 8 months post-op, you very well may see more growth and should expect more thickening and maturing to come. No matter who the physician, it's always a good idea to give the hair transplant a full year before evaluating the result.

Upon full maturation, I hope you have an excellent result and get the head of hair you deserve.

All the Best,

Bill

dpanet, I also had crown work done last April with Dr. Armani. The results are very poor up until this point and I'm at 11 months. Not much change for me from month 7 to 11. I hope you have better success.

markymark

Originally posted by markymark:

dpanet, I also had crown work done last April with Dr. Armani. The results are very poor up until this point and I'm at 11 months. Not much change for me from month 7 to 11. I hope you have better success.

markymark

Markymark

I understand your concern, but as other patients and clinics have mentioned in this thread, you really need to wait until 18 months until you judge your final result for the crown, not 11 months, not 13 months but 18.

The crown takes longer to grow and mature, this is pretty standard in the industry. There is more growth to come.

Eric

Patient Care

Alvi Armani