Booked in for surgery with Dr Pong from thailand

tarepanda

I finally found a date suitable for my surgery and reserved 14 dec with Dr Pong from chiang mai.

I am choosing between Dr Path and Dr Pong, but finally decided with Dr Pong. There is not much reviews abt him on the web but all the limited reviews abt Dr Pong are positive. So that gives me an assurance. Recently vanman, jimmybald and synz4 had surgery with Dr Pong too and i am looking forward to more pics from them.

I know what i will be expecting for the nxt yr or so after my ht.

1 mth post op - happy everythin is over and waiting for new hair

2 mth post op - shock loss ocurring and making me more depress before my ht

3 mth post op - oh no!! No hair grow yet, depressed!!

4 mth post op - shock loss regrowth but no/ limited growth, still sad.

5-6 mths post op - i am a slow grower, limited growth, maybe i am 1 of the unlucky few not suitable for ht

7-8 mths post op - no more lookin at the mirror every hour of the day. feelin better now after seeing some growth, no longer under depression

9-12 mths post op - more growth but yet to see optimum, cos i am a slow grower... Shit!! but a slow grower is better than no growth

12-18 mths finally happy man

The above is what i believe i will be going thru emotionally and physically even thought i am clear about wht to expect from the ht. It is easy to tell others to stay cool but not easy for myself to be cool i i am the 1 going thru the procedures.

Edited by tarepanda

Hi Tarepanda,

Have you considered Doctor Kulakarn from DHT Clinic? She is the second doctor who works with Doctor Pathomvanich. I had a procedure with her August 2010 and had a good result.

The price was similiar to Doctor Pong's and I felt a bit more confident of achieving a good result. However, I will say that I have only read positive comments regarding Doctor Pong and if he wasn't good you would have read about it by now.

It would be great if forum members who have had a HT with Doctor Pong would create a blog. Photos and follow up results are a great way for people to research a particular surgeon.

Anyway, I wish you luck.

Regards

Rod

Ps I'm not shilling for Doctor Kulakarn just trying to give you another option.

Hi Tarepanda,

Have you considered Doctor Kulakarn from DHT Clinic? She is the second doctor who works with Doctor Pathomvanich. I had a procedure with her August 2010 and had a good result.

The price was similiar to Doctor Pong's and I felt a bit more confident of achieving a good result. However, I will say that I have only read positive comments regarding Doctor Pong and if he wasn't good you would have read about it by now.

It would be great if forum members who have had a HT with Doctor Pong would create a blog. Photos and follow up results are a great way for people to research a particular surgeon.

Anyway, I wish you luck.

Regards

Rod

Ps I'm not shilling for Doctor Kulakarn just trying to give you another option.

Hi Rod

i have not consider Dr Kulakarn cos she had lesser reviews than Dr Pong. But you are definitely 1 of her many successful patients.

btw, when your HT was carried out by Dr Kulakarn, was Dr Path around to supervise the surgery? and i supposed the hair techs used by Dr Path and Dr Kulakarn are the same group of people?

Hi,

Doctor Pathomvanich did not participate in my HT surgery at all. The same technicians were used during the procedure and If you look at my photos it will show my pre and post operation condition of my hairloss.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Regards rod

Why not go with Dr. Path? He is the only one from Thailand recommended on here and he is outstanding. I wouldn't gamble a decision like this. Is Dr. Pong a lot cheaper than Dr. Path?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D