Dr Rahal Patient - 3249 Grafts - 7 Months

This patient (aged 29) approached Dr Rahal with the goal of restoring his hairline to a high density. He returned for a follow-up at 7 months and is extremely pleased with the result, which frames his face perfectly and enables styling options he thought he'd lost forever.

FUT (strip).

3249 grafts.

Graft breakdown:

Singles: 555

Doubles: 1655

Triples: 888

Quads: 151

Total number of hairs: 7133.

before01.jpg

before02.jpg

before03.jpg

after01.jpg

after02.jpg

after03.jpg

after04.jpg

after05.jpg

after06.jpg

after07.jpg

Edited by mattj
Forgot to indicate that it is FUT

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One hell of a result for only 7 months. Is he also taking anything? Rogaine or Propecia? That is a jaw dropping result. Amazing. He's the same age as me and got around the same area worked on and basically almost around the same number of grafts, all done also by Dr. Rahal. Makes me feel good seeing this as his hair style is similar to the one I want.

Edited by Sean

OMG Thats a hell of a result. Super dense and fast growing. Cant wait to see mine coming. Dr. Rahal is indeed the master of hairline and strip technique. Great result to post MattJ, Hope mine will be posted one day :-D.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Matt,

I'm very happy for this young man. He's now got the opportunity to enjoy his 30s rather than spending every minute obsessing about his disappearing hairline.

Lucky guy!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Another perfect case from the master. I wouldn't have expected anything else. How does he do it? :D

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Awesome result. Dude kind of reminds me of Thom York.

What I also like about it is that it's an appropriate hairline for any age, as in not too low.

Montreal mentioned that if you look closely, his transplanted hair looks kind of "curly and dry." I noticed that too, however, it's probably because he's only 7 months out. His hair is only just starting to mature. I bet in another 7 months, it won't be that way.

Either way, there has been a definite improvement.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

I had the privilege of meeting this patient in my quest to meet Dr. Rahal patients. I can 100% vouch for these results as I literally examined his hair in extreme detail. It is very thick and extremely dense and totally natural! And he is only 7-8 months out!!! Also, I couldn't even find his scar...it was pencil thin!!! I was quite impressed with this result and I hope that my result will be this good considering I have very similar loss and am getting around the same amount of grafts. I also really like that slight widow's peak that Rahal produces which really finishes framing the face.

i send like 10 pics to Rahal and still was not enought to give me a number of grafts,they hask me to let me hair grow 2-3 weeks because i always buzz mine once a week.Don't realy feel like driving 2hours stay 30 minutes in ottawa and drive back 2 hours.i would like to get something around 900 and 1000 grafts maximum,i still want to buzz my hair even if i would have a ht so i dont want scars to be notice,anyway 1000 fue would be like 8000$ i guess still prety expensive,i would be ready to spend around 5000$-6000$ but not more.Condo car is more important.

This case illustrates why Rahal is the best in the world. Amazing result he must be very happy.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

i need to cover 2 inch by 3/4inch on both sides how many approx grafts needed with good density?

You would need around 900 grafts to fill that size area to around 50 percent original density.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

One hell of a result for only 7 months. Is he also taking anything? Rogaine or Propecia? That is a jaw dropping result. Amazing. He's the same age as me and got around the same area worked on and basically almost around the same number of grafts, all done also by Dr. Rahal. Makes me feel good seeing this as his hair style is similar to the one I want.

I'll enquire about the treatments. I imagine he is.

I hope you're as pleased with your result as this guy is. I'm confident you will be.

OMG Thats a hell of a result. Super dense and fast growing. Cant wait to see mine coming. Dr. Rahal is indeed the master of hairline and strip technique. Great result to post MattJ, Hope mine will be posted one day :-D.

It will be posted. I can post it or you can post it yourself. :)

nice but if you look closely hair seems curly and dry... how can i post a thread here

Remember that the patient is at 7 months post op. He has great growth and you're essentially seeing a finished result, but hair texture does continue to improve up to and even after the 12 month mark.

Hat tip to Corvettester for already mentioning this.

He has what we all wish we could have, it is sort of depressing to see such great results, when your own are not nearly as great. That doesn't change the fact that I am very happy for this young man, and am astonished by the seemingly miraculous results he has. I hope my density will be like that after another procedure.

2/14/2011 Surgery #1 Dr. Ivan Cohen - 1539 grafts, 1's - 475

2's - 989

3's - 75

2/20/2012 Surgery #2 Dr. Carlos Wesley - 2570 grafts

i send like 10 pics to Rahal and still was not enought to give me a number of grafts,they hask me to let me hair grow 2-3 weeks because i always buzz mine once a week.Don't realy feel like driving 2hours stay 30 minutes in ottawa and drive back 2 hours.i would like to get something around 900 and 1000 grafts maximum,i still want to buzz my hair even if i would have a ht so i dont want scars to be notice,anyway 1000 fue would be like 8000$ i guess still prety expensive,i would be ready to spend around 5000$-6000$ but not more.Condo car is more important.

With hair buzzed very short it can be difficult to make a proper evaluation from photographs, with things such as miniaturization being harder to detect.

I understand that you might find it inconvenient to grow your hair longer, but it is important that Dr Rahal has the best possible understanding of what is needed in your case. He wants his recommendations to be accurate so that there aren't any surprises later. I think this is a conscientious approach which is in a patient's best interests.

You're a lot closer than many patients. Patients regularly fly in from all over the world just for consultations. A two hour drive really is a minor investment.

I agree, 2 1/2 hours drive is a minor inconvenience.

With the exception of Farjo in the UK, we don't have any world class Docs. Everything else is a plane journey away and with that comes time and more money, especially if we were to travel across the pond.

If Dr Rahal was a relatively short car journey away I would be fumbling around for the car keys right now.

Jessie

dam so you think i need 900 grafts wich is fine cus i want to have less than 1000 grafts but that will only give me 50% density... whats the point of having a ht it will look worst because the reste of my hair is still thik and strong.

Montreal you're not ready mentally for a ht because you're trying to dictate your own Ht to under a 1000 grafts because u want to pay for your condo, you think driving for over 2 hours is hard work and you don't want to grow your hair long lol. I wouldn't take you if I was rahal you have all the signs of someone who's not ready and gonna be a nightmare to work with. If you were serious about your hair you'd climb a ladder to the moon and spend every penny you have. I bet most people are thinking the same here it's just their too polite to call it!

Another fast rahal Ht nice work.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Montreal you're not ready mentally for a ht because you're trying to dictate your own Ht to under a 1000 grafts because u want to pay for your condo, you think driving for over 2 hours is hard work and you don't want to grow your hair long lol. I wouldn't take you if I was rahal you have all the signs of someone who's not ready and gonna be a nightmare to work with. If you were serious about your hair you'd climb a ladder to the moon and spend every penny you have. I bet most people are thinking the same here it's just their too polite to call it!

Another fast rahal Ht nice work.

I would have to agree, Rahal is one of the premiere surgeons in the world, and a two hour drive is too inconvenient? I am not casting judgement here, but this is a thread to discuss this one patients awe inspiring results.

Montreal, you have every right to post on here about your concerns, surgery is a big deal. But I suggest you start your own thread about it, and others can provide feedback there. Besides, you're going about this wrong. Rahal is a Rock Star, people walk miles barefoot in the snow to meet with Rock Stars. Grow your hair out a bit, and drive 2 hours! That is my opinion, you and others are entitled to their own as well. I just don't want to get anymore emails that there is a post on a thread I have posted on, that is nothing about the thread itself. Other threads are for that. Sorry if I come across as harsh, but that's realistic.

-Trees

2/14/2011 Surgery #1 Dr. Ivan Cohen - 1539 grafts, 1's - 475

2's - 989

3's - 75

2/20/2012 Surgery #2 Dr. Carlos Wesley - 2570 grafts