Paddy Mcguiness - UK 'celeb'

67mph

Has Paddy had a HT or is his latest production make-up artist good at using concealer, or both?

He's back on our screens on 71 Degrees North after a lengthy break of the television, and his hair looks good considering where it was at a couple of years ago.

In the show, the lighting (due to the sun bouncing around of the snow) is pretty damn bright yet his hair looks very good!

I only ask as his hairline and diffuse thinning kinda matches that of mine.

What you think UK guys?

Regards,

57mph

Edited by 57mph
spell check

Can you provide any "before and after" examples? I'm unfamiliar with this individual, but a quick google search showed a variety of different hair styles and it was difficult to tell whether his hair changed between the images.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

He uses concealer for shows and he was on BBC radio 1 this morning taking the piss out of Rooney for having a Ht.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Yes, huge difference between 'take me out' and this new outdoors programme. He did have varying amounts of concealer from programme to proramme in 'take me out'. Sometimes it was very obvious as his hair looked chalky and I think even the line up of girls noticed as it seemed that they were spending a lot of time talking to his hair at times.

Also, have a butchers at celebrity all star family fortunes without much (if any) concealer.

I must admit, his concealer has been applied by a pro by the looks of it onthis new programme.

Jessie

All an illusion then, i'm starting to think the men (and women) who use concealers are trapping themselves into never being without it but totally understand why they would, having never used any concealers myself i have never seen results in person and quite reluctant to get on the stuff due to being tied into using it til the remainder of my fuzz has fallen, perhaps i'd start and stick to the concealer if i knew what i had left would stick around, i don't know.

Ok back to paddy...

Research i've done so far i'll have an educated guess at he is a possible ht candidate and maybe we'll hear soon enough whether he goes that route or not.

Again off thread a little, just seen Joe Swash on Eastenders, what we saying there...or shall i start a new thread (if there isn't one already) on his lacking but gaining of hair?

I know he's had a ht but yeah, he's got the production team working the concealer magic eh!

57mph

I think the make up artists on tv have it in their arsenal as I've noticed x factor judges turn up with thin hair and quite proud not shy then suddenly on the main show they have hair.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Future_ht_doc, can't provide before and afters soz as it's one of those gotta have been following it types, much like us UK guys not knowing about minor US celebs who may or may not have had hts etc.

Bonkerstonker, i read your post and pictured you having first hand experience with the judges, pictured you auditioning for the xfactor!

...Hi i'm bonkerstonker from hair restoration network, yes hi, i'll be singing the classic blues track 'i'm gonna get my hair back baby' by Hairry Transplant...

Judge: erm sorry it's a NO this time round, but try again next year!?

Lmao I might go on it if my hair grows back well.

The extra factor has the judge entrances and back stage stuff so it's easy to see the difference before and after make up. Gary Barlow has some on his crown but sometimes louie has his full head done then straightened it also looks less grey.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Everyone on tv seems to wearing concealer. I remember the guy from Cheaters its wasnt Greco but his head was covered with toppick.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

WHat wrong with this is that its dishonest to wear concealer when you are taking about hair transplants. Whats disgusting in my opinion is the doctor is misleading people to believe this is an honest result.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

hi , i myself use a little topikk each day, i but the one month supply with lasts around 9 months , i only use a little but it amkes sush a difference to my thinning temples, problem is now i have started and seen the differnce it makes when applied properly i cant stop using it, cant wait to get my ht done to be free of the stuff:)

I use toppik in all my blog photos but keep it a secret as I get a kick out of fooling people lol. Suckers!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonkerstonker, i don't get it, you joking or you do really use toppik in your pics?

Spex, got it in for Jason Gardiner eh, i'm talking about Paddy Mcguiness though, what's your thoughts on Paddy?

57mph

Edited by 57mph
including other stuff

No mate I'm just kidding using concealer and tricking people is for morons like gardiner!

If I did use concealers and showed amazing 12 month photos with it in would it upset you that you'd been tricked?

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonkerstonker, i thought/knew you were jokin!

Answer to your qs, the whole hair game is a trick of the mind type thing (you know that like the rest of us) but i know where you coming from but then hey this is what the forum is all about ...to filter the rubbish from the truth, educate yourself and protect yourself right?

Thats it pal so that's why so many people are upset with jason gardiner!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

• 1 year later...

I couldn't quite believe my ears but the new series of Take Me Out (last night in the UK) Paddy made a joke of Rooneys hair being thin!!?

I like Paddy but joking about hairloss when you suffer from it yourself is below the balding belt.

He has had something done or at the very least is caked in concealer, so for him to joke about Rooney, is, well he's got a fucking nerve.

Paddy is thinning all over and wears concealer on tv.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

He has a massive bald patch at the back too, it was very evident when he played in the Sport Relief football match this year. Not just thinning, but a huge pure bald patch.

How he can take the piss out of someone's hair is baffling.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 3 years later...

I was surprised at Berbatov's transformation. Didn't know he'd had work done. I feel he would really benefit from having temple work though.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.