7,260 FUT Grafts and Eternal gratitude to Dr Rahal and his staff

Movingon33

I'm starting this thread as a thank you to all the contributors who encouraged and imparted with me their experiences and opinions.

Since I began writing and reading here (about six months ago as a "guest") I have taken the plunge and sat down in Dr Rahal's chair. I expected to receive little over 5,000 grafts but because of an overly plentiful donor extraction I was overjoyed to find out that Dr Rahal would be able to transplant a full 7,260 grafts ! I believed I would have to return and go through the long post op and recovery stages all over again to get the coverage I was after, but was able to do it all with one fell swoop.

Thanks to Dr Rahal I am no longer to interested in hair loss. My reality is that it is a non issue for me for me now. I have moved on.

Except, I do want to share my experiences as a repayment for all those who took the time to share with me.

Please refer to my photo gallery as It will be continually updated.

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Movingon33's Profile

Congrats! Wow, That's just amazing. The results will definitely be impressive, over 7,000 grafts, I still can't get over that. You are definitely about to have a major transformation in the coming months. I can't wait to see your progress. I just came back from my own procedure with Dr. Rahal for 3,016 FUE grafts I had done on August 31st. Best of luck to you.

WOW Congrats! That's an amazing number. How long was your surgery?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Congrats. I am curious why dr r did not go all the way back to the back edge of the crown considering the number of grafts? You are going to be thrilled with the result. I look forward to following your progress.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

MovingOn33, do you have a graft breakdown of what they were able to harvest from 7,260 grafts, how many 1's 2's 3's 4's? And how long did this procedure take? I am so anxious to see your updates. It's gonna be a killer result. 7,260 grafts, that's some serious coverage. You'll have a mane when it's all grown.

Edited by Sean

7K? Do you even have a neck anymore? ;)

Congrats on the MEGA mega-session with one of the best! Can't wait to see these results. All the best healing and growing. And remember, patience! :)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Well happy for you and good luck this should be a knock out, but don't count your chicks before they hatch the statemnet you said below is huge and can lead to dissapointment if you psych your self up to this level and don't quite get what you wanted in the end.

"Thanks to Dr Rahal I am no longer to interested in hair loss. My reality is that it is a non issue for me for me now. I have moved on."

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hi Moving on. I'm glad you are happy with your procedure and how it went. I hope after one year you are just as happy.

My question is being that you received 14,000 plus hairs according to your breakdown, I,m surprised nobody expressed surprise at this number. What was the length and width of the strip removed. For the average person the distance from ear to ear is 32 cm. Even if you go past the ears on each side whats the longest you can go before you hit your face 38 cm if you have a large head and then if you go 2cm wide which is pushinv it unless you want a buge scar. The average gent has 200 hairs per cm sq. We are looking at a best case scenario of approximately 8,000 hairs. Looking at your photo it does not appear that you have extraordinary donor density.

Any idea how they got you these fantastic numbers

and if you did get 14,000 hairs how come you didnt get coverage throughout the entire balding area?

Just curious as I am looking into this for myself and I am really bothered that in this industry doctors resist a standard unit of measurement. It sure isn't a graft.

I'd appreciate your comments.

A graft - a follicular unit - is the standard unit when it comes to estimating a patient's requirement during consultation, as well as in documenting what a patient actually received during surgery.

I can provide some details from Movingon33's case.

He definitely had above average density. The number of hairs per square centimeter was about 278.

His strip measured 31.7cm in length. The average width (it was widest in the middle, tapering towards the ends) was 1.76cm.

After removal (it was larger in situ) the surface area of the strip was 55.8 square centimeters.

Considering the high number of grafts obtained and the average number of hairs found in a follicular unit, the hair count (15,525 total - we're not sure if this is a record or not) is not surprising.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Its defo not a graft record as i've seen quite a few ops bigger but with regards to hair count you never know i suppose.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I think 15,525 HAIRS is a record, especially, being done in 1 session. I have never heard of this before and I have been researching a lot. I haven't seen that many cases where that many grafts were done in just one session either. Some surgeons who do these large cases have done 2 sessions to do this. But that hair count has to be some record. So far, I have calculated a few cases with large megasessions and I have not seen that hair count number yet.

• 2 weeks later...

That seems high, the graft survival rate is seriously compromised by cramming too many grafts in a small area. 278 hairs per sq cm? What type of yield does Dr. Rahal expect from that? I have met with several other doctors for my next procedure, and the general concensus is that too many hairs in one area, will not give a high enough yield.

2/14/2011 Surgery #1 Dr. Ivan Cohen - 1539 grafts, 1's - 475

2's - 989

3's - 75

2/20/2012 Surgery #2 Dr. Carlos Wesley - 2570 grafts

That looks amazing! Hey, you are the exact same age as me. Im doing my homework and talking to Dr. Carman and Dr. Reed from San Diego- they do not recommend so many graphs in one setting basically because of the risk involved - what would you say to me after your sugery in this regard- or anyone else- all of these dr's seem reputible

That seems high, the graft survival rate is seriously compromised by cramming too many grafts in a small area. 278 hairs per sq cm? What type of yield does Dr. Rahal expect from that? I have met with several other doctors for my next procedure, and the general concensus is that too many hairs in one area, will not give a high enough yield.

As stated, this is the estimated density of the donor area. Converted to follicular units, using the standard 2.3 hairs per FU for caucasians as a reference, this patient had approximately 120 fu per cm2 in his donor area. This is above average but not nearly unheard of.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 year later...