DHI Global

ZAZ

I have heard of them and what I have heard is not good. They are the equivalent of bosely or medical hair restoration here in the U.S.. Not a good track record!

Your cousin may recommend them, but his results are yet to be seen. Wait a year to see if the results are what he expects them to be. You can see him in person after a year, then decide if this is a clinic you want to consider.

During this next year, spend some time on this forum and research hair transplants and doctors. Your eyes will be open to this whole process and you will be able to make an informed decision. There are doctors here who are recommended here that have proven results and showcase these results as well and there are past patients that post here who you can speak with.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

• 2 weeks later...

Dear ZAZ,

Your question was about the DHI Technique. Unfortunately, the only response as yet cites hear-say and no actual experience with our technique or service. No evidence of our "track record" is given.

That the poster knows little or nothing about our technique is obvious when he equates DHI with Bosley when in fact a brief review of the material on both sites should make it clear that the differences in techniques are quite extreme. If you have researched, or as you begin to research, you will find that strip is the most commonly offered technique. You will NOT find strip at DHI, as we have worked hard for many years to overcome the problems with traditional techniques, in large part in response to the concerns of patients--namely scarring, pain, and destruction of donor hair.

The poster does however offer some good advice:

You can wait to see you cousin's results if you are willing to delay your choice of procedure. He is a trusted person to you and has already recommended DHI based on his experience. Now, let his results speak for themselves.

Do your research, but beware of internet-anonymity on forums and other discussion groups. As a resident of the UK, you can be put in direct contact with former DHI patients and see the results up close. These patients are encouraged by us to answer any of your questions honestly with no direction or reward from DHI.

Please contact the London office for a more detailed discussion of the technique itself.

Best of luck in your search.

ZAZ my recommondation to you is to research as much as possible. Talk to as many doctors as you can therefore you have a full knowledge before making an IMPORTANT decision. Many doctors in Europe and North American have patients in the London area so contact them and see if it is possible to meet them. Grafts in a donor area are limited so there is very little room for mistake. I know form the doctors in the coalition that I have read that have patients in London are Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Feller, Dr. Shapiro, Hasson and Wong and Dr. Farji (I beleive that is how you spell it). I would research all these doctor before making a decision.

Good luck on your decision.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 1 month later...

Want my advice?

Don't bother.

DHI convinced me to have 2500 implants and said it would give me 'great density'. I young and trying to bulk my thinning hair, I was not bald.

If anything, my rate of hairloss increased after the procedure. 1 year on and my hair is thinner than ever and I am much less confident and ??5k lighter than before.

Not only that but the whole experience was traumatising and the people who say it is a pleasant experience are frankly sadists of the highest order.

My advice would be shave it and buy a nice selection of hats.

Dear ZAZ ,

The DHI Site appears to be similar to NHI Greece . Read the forums Re Malcolm Mendelsohn and the Choi method of transplanting hairs , Mr Mendelsohn used to work for DHI Athens and prior to that with Dr May at Harley St London .

I think if you want a great result you will have to go to the USA stick with someone reccomended on this site . You only get one chance to get it right and gain an exceptional result why risk it ? go to the USA and then in 12 months compare your photographs with your cousin`s and let us see the results ! ( Please post them ) Whilst your out there get your cousin a Yankees cap as he will probably need it !!

Regards Ej

• 2 months later...

Dear poster, if it helps, I went to Dhi global in Dublin, Ireland. I have had 3500 hairs transplanted on two seperate occasions. Its been nearly 9 months since my last procedure and i still can see the patch on the donor site. These guys at DHI are full of it. Everyone but them can see the scarring on my head. Instead of fixing it they only cared about chargeing me for more procedures in the future to the rest of my head. I would really like someone from DHI to reply to this on the forum and tell us what u would do to help my situation. You know who i am, I have even sent in photo's which have been displayed to all your surgeons i have been told. By the looks of things on this forum, i am not unique.

Thank you

Eoin

Stay far away from these chumps! I do not have experience with them but I do with Bosley and from what I understand they are the equivilant to bosley. Just do a search for DHI in the find section at the top of the page and see how many lives they have ruined. Why chance it. So many of us are here to make sure other people dont make the same mistake's we did.

Eoin,

I visited DHI Dublin last week and agreed to have a procedure done to implant 2,500 - 3,000 hairs (they wont know how many they can do until the shave my head - apparently). I will be gonig to Athens to have it done there as there are few dates in Dublin over the next 2 months that suit and London is twice the price. Anyway, one of my big issues was scarring and visability following the procedure as I previously had 3 strip procedures at Hair Ireland in Rathmines - and these were horrific - stay clear!! I was told by DHI that the donor area would not scar and there would be a rash type redness for about 3 days following the procedure as there is little invasion (unlike the scalpal used during strip - the marks from which lasted almost 12 days). Same applies to the recipient area. I'd welcome your views.

Fortunately, I haven't paid anything yet to DHI but am due to pay it this week.

I'm not sure how you private message on the site but would appreaciate your comments!!

Cheers!

M

• 2 months later...

I had a consult with DHI last year. All seemed very good up there but thank god i found this site, DHI gave me names of 2 patients i could contact and ask qs. I emailed one of them but got one reply and heard nothing since.It didnt seem right I saw no first hand pictures. My naievity lost me 2k in the Body clinic ireland a few years ago with laser. I stuck it out tho and got a hefty refund although it has stopped my crown thinning(or maybe just slowed it down)

• 2 weeks later...

That all sounds damned scary. What worries me more is the posts about sterilization / the tools they use. Petermac posted way back that they don't follow proper system, can you imagine catching something life threatening from a transplant? Has anybody had infection with them? I saw a post last year from a guy who said he was in the middle of a transplant with them and then it had to be stopped as their medical license had been taken away. Maybe they've closed by now. Their clinic in Turkey or Greece or somewhere down there. What the hell???