acell update

dan4880

Here is the most recent update I've seen from Dr. Rassman (who is currently completing ACell clinical trials):

I have seen most of the half dozen people that I performed ACell plucking procedures. They averaged 200-300 plucked grafts. Although there was some growth from the plucked hairs, there was just as much growth in the control group as in the ACell treated group. I would conclude from this that I have not replicated the results reported by others.

With regard to the large number of patients where I used ACell in the wounds of strip surgeries, I have seen some value, although I have not called them all back to evaluate their wounds.

For hair multiplication, I am not considering performing more of these procedures until I view the results of others at the upcoming ISHRS meeting in Anchorage, Alaska this September.

source: balding blog

Like Dr. Rassman stated, I believe the upcoming ISHRS conference will reveal some new information.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr. Cooley is also using Acell as part of his standard procedure in the donor area and he bathes the grafts in acell during the holding time. I am amazed at how my donor healed and I attribute that to the Acell. I think we have a long way to go before I would trust plucked multiplication with Acell

Grease,

Most of the early data/cases seem to indicate that ACell will be advantageous in donor scar healing. Definitely exciting! I look forward to more information on the role ACell plays in donor scar healing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.