My FUE With Dr. Rahal 3000+ Grafts (Large Procedure)

Sean

Did my write up/results help you with your questions regarding Dr. Rahal's FUE?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am sure most consent forms are like this.

The consent form is standard stuff. What you must remember is that you'd be signing what is essentially the same form no matter what doctor you were with. So the same things are contained within it regardless of the skill level of the doctor and the actual likelihood of a problem.

If only it could all be done with a handshake. :D

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the comments on the way the hairline looks. I really appreciate it. IMO he creates the best hairlines based on what I have seen. I am not the first Rahal 3000 FUE patient, just one that is documenting my progress on the forums. He has been doing this for over a year. He has had a lot of FUE patients, but not many that documented it like I am doing on the forums. There were patients with over 3000 grafts. I am the first 3000+ graft FUE DOCUMENTING my progress for opinions/feedback/responses.

You already mentioned Dr. Bisanga as being right up there with the world top FUE surgeon in an extensive previous post, so why not go to him? Your top three consist of doctors in Belgium. Dr. Bisanga, Devroye, Feriduni.

But even after that, your Number ONE pick was Prohairclinic. I mean you are from Italy, so I would assume those other doctors you mentioned would be ideal to where you live and that they are great docs. They are probably even better than Prohairclinic.

Dr. DeReyes retired Prohairclinic a while ago. So, who is the doctor now? Last I heard the hair transplant procedures at ProHair were mostly done by techs. I would rather have an experienced hair restoration doctor work on my scalp, than to have the job mostly done by techs.

This was discussed here,

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/139677-2509-fue-prohairclinic-belgium.html

So, why go to the hassle of U.S. or to find doctors around this area, when you already have ones that are near you? Would you rather look for surgeon in the U.S. or just unsure of the work the others you mentioned? Check out the forums on all doctors and see who can really help and ask for plenty of photos. I would not go to any clinic that does not have an experienced doctor. IMO, Hair transplantation is a doctors game with the assistance of techs, not the other way around. Good Luck.

Sorry, I must have misread about you being the first 3000 grafts patient, my bad.

As I stated before I am looking for the most experienced team (with our without a doc in the drivers seat, it is all about the results). And from my personal visits to the clinics I have come to the conclussion that Prohairclinic are by far the most experienced in Europe, period.

Furthermore I looked into their results : website, youtube movies, personal patients results (mostly to be found in The Netherlands).

As for now I will no longer investigate US based FUE docs and clinics and follow your sound advice that some of the best are right here in Europe closer to me.

ps: Never heared of DeReyes , I will look into that.

I can't wait to see how it will look all grown out! You'll be at close to 5 months by the time my surgery date comes up so I hope your result looks promising by then.

How was the pain surgery? How quickly did your donor area heal up?

Can't wait either. Hopefully, I am not a slow grower and you will be able to see some decent results by then. Some people start blooming after the 6 month mark, I hope I start before that.

Pain, well, during surgery I did have some, but that was during the freezing shots. They freeze you so well that you don't feel it in the surgery unless your procedure was as long as mine, where freezing tends to wear off and on and you have to get shots again. But, I'd say I had mild to severe discomfort after my surgery, lasted for a few hours, the next day I was good to go though, but painkillers certainly helped the first day. And then every other discomfort or pain died down in the upcoming days. It's not so bad, but you know what they say, no pain no gain. You can say the same a little bit for hair transplants. I wouldn't say it's the worst pain though, rather discomfort. I think strip guys feel more of a pain though. I say this because I saw some strip guys in the guesthouse where I stayed. Honestly though, for me, it is something I was able to handle, it's not something so severe that you wont be able to take it. You'll be able to handle it. I'd say my tolerance to pain was low due to several factors. Some people don't even feel as much. That's the best way I can describe it to you. Everyone is different too, so some can take it better.

Donor area took a few days to heal. I don't feel anything there anymore. Just a little redness still. It'll go away soon. I am just applying the cream I was told to and following all post op instructions. I'll try to post pics soon to show you how everything is looking.

Edited by Sean

Here are some updated pictures I took with my iphone on 9/12/2011. Everyone heals differently. Some people have lots of scabbing in certain areas, while some do not. I happen to have lots of scabbing on my upper frontal areas. The temples there is barely any scabbing visible. This is just how a person heals individually. I did have some questions that I sent over to Dr. Rahal's clinic regarding hairs shedding faster in some areas then others and got an answer after they viewed these photos. What I noticed was that one of my temple areas seemed more dominant then the other side. My left temple looks stronger then my right, this is because some hairs have shed on one side then they have on the other. I was worried because I wanted to make sure this does not affect me later but patient care assured me that it is ok. They assure me that shedding I am seeing is normal. On that note, I would like to warn everyone viewing the photos ahead as you will see scabs and it will look disgusting, however, keep in mind this is normal. I will wash the area under a light shower in the next 2 - 3 days to wash the scabs off gently and then I will do so by lightly massaging the area. After that, Dr. Rahal's clinic has given me other instructions. Only after my scabs are gone, I can start rogaine. Keep in mind, I still have not touched nor massaged the recipient area. I am letting the scabs fall off naturally as I am told to not to touch the recipient area. So, with caution due to the graphic nature of these photos, please check out the areas and donor areas. Thanks.

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29758&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29759&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29760&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29763&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29768&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29761&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29764&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29762&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29765&forumid=1

• 3 weeks later...

Lookin good Sean...that hairline is going to be amazing...great temple points too!!! Keep us posted!!!

You got some residual redness but nothing to be alarmed about. The design is terrific.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Looks good, have you started minox yet? Please let me know of your experience with it, any side effects or annoyances relating to its use?

A couple more months and you'll be looking awesome I'm sure, hang in there!

Thanks buddy, I appreciate the comments. You can probably notice some minor shockloss on the sides of my head donor area. Hopefully, in time, it recovers. I guess some people go through this.

Yes, I have started minoxidil. I started it when patient care told me it was safe to do so, I think the exact date of when I started Rogaine is 9/20/2011. I am actually applying it not only on my recipient site but my crown as well. As far as side effects go, I think the first 2-3 days I did feel a slight itchy feeling in the recipient area, but it went away as I think I got use to it (also you have to keep in mind that rogaine does have a tendency to make the area dry I believe). I am noticing some fuzzy hairs sprouting up close (vellus), I think it may be hairs that were miniturized and now in a few months on their way to become terminal. So, I am applying it on my hairline, my recipient zone including temple area, and my crown. I have never used Rogaine before and only started 9/20/2011. You can probably notice the effects of Rogaine on me by looking at my one year before surgery photos (located at my hairloss website) to what I post in a few months as I think big results from Rogaine aren't that immediate. I am also taking finisteride. I really think there has been a substantial difference to my crown when I added finisteride to my regimen though, and with rogaine, it may become even better overall.

So, the only side I noticed with Rogaine was a minor itch for 2-3 days in the recipient zone. I no longer feel the itch when I apply it now. Thanks for the motivation and stay tuned as I'll try to post monthly.

Lookin good Sean...that hairline is going to be amazing...great temple points too!!! Keep us posted!!!

Thanks Capelli. Really appreciate it. I can actually see the temple points better now that the scabbing is gone. I know you can't wait for your surgery, but I can't wait to see how your surgery will look either. I'll definitely keep you posted of my progress.

Thanks Sean, I was reading that Rogaine might cause facial wrinkles due to inhibition of the collagen pathway. It's probably not much of an issue but if you can keep an eye on your skin (forehead, around the eyes) quality for any changes it would really be appreciated.

Don't want to worry you, It's probably people noticing wrinkles because they stare at themselves in the mirror. Still, worth looking out for these issues imo!

You got some residual redness but nothing to be alarmed about. The design is terrific.

Thanks Aaron. I was worried about the redness since you can clearly see it in my pics, but hopefully it goes away soon.

I saw your 3 month update, seems like no more redness for you, so that's a good thing. Actually, I couldn't even notice that much of a redness on your recipient zone from the start. It was very minor. Your progress is looking good. Happy growing.

Well, it didn't hurt that I was on Prednisone for about two months!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Looking good Sean. Everything is healing up really well. I really do like the way the hairline is going to look....should be a fantastic outcome.

Orlhair, thanks. I appreciate the comments. I am really pleased to see that many people like the hairline design I went with. It helps me feel good about this whole process, especially in the waiting period. How is everything going for you? I am following your progress as well, your last update was 3 weeks ago, hope everything is going well. Your 3 month update was looking good. Happy growin.

Thanks Sean, I was reading that Rogaine might cause facial wrinkles due to inhibition of the collagen pathway. It's probably not much of an issue but if you can keep an eye on your skin (forehead, around the eyes) quality for any changes it would really be appreciated.

Don't want to worry you, It's probably people noticing wrinkles because they stare at themselves in the mirror. Still, worth looking out for these issues imo!

Now that is something I was not aware of so thanks for pointing it out. I will keep a close eye on facial wrinkles. Since, i just started it, I should be able to detect any such changes in the months ahead and I'll keep you posted if this is the case with me. If I see any of it happen to me, I guess i'll grab some Vitamin E oil to maybe try to counter it? Either way, I'll let you know. It definitely is worth looking into these issues, I agree. Thanks again.

Orlhair, thanks. I appreciate the comments. I am really pleased to see that many people like the hairline design I went with. It helps me feel good about this whole process, especially in the waiting period. How is everything going for you? I am following your progress as well, your last update was 3 weeks ago, hope everything is going well. Your 3 month update was looking good. Happy growin.

Thanks. All is good so far. I will post some more pics around the 14th which will be right at 4 months. I have quite a bit of growth already which is cool.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Well, it didn't hurt that I was on Prednisone for about two months!

Wow, yea that must have had something to do with it. I was only on it for a few days until the swelling went away. But looks like it really helped with the redness. Good stuff.

Now that is something I was not aware of so thanks for pointing it out. I will keep a close eye on facial wrinkles. Since, i just started it, I should be able to detect any such changes in the months ahead and I'll keep you posted if this is the case with me. If I see any of it happen to me, I guess i'll grab some Vitamin E oil to maybe try to counter it? Either way, I'll let you know. It definitely is worth looking into these issues, I agree. Thanks again.

Since you're so thorough with documenting things I too will be interested to know if you experience any of those Rogaine skin side effects. I suspect that they're rare as they aren't often mentioned (and hairloss sufferers/transplant patients do tend to place high importance on their appearance, after all).

I'm glad you're doing well on Propecia by the way. I know you were initially hesitant to start using it.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I was also a paitent of Feller, were you satisifed with Feller? The procedure, his office and his staff?

Riggs, I don't know if you were addressing the post to me? I did not have surgery with Dr. Feller. I do think Dr. Feller is a good doctor and have seen his results on here.

I had a procedure with Dr. Rahal for FUE.

Since you're so thorough with documenting things I too will be interested to know if you experience any of those Rogaine skin side effects. I suspect that they're rare as they aren't often mentioned (and hairloss sufferers/transplant patients do tend to place high importance on their appearance, after all).

I'm glad you're doing well on Propecia by the way. I know you were initially hesitant to start using it.

Matt, I will definitely be checking for this. I think this particular Rogaine side effect may be a rare side effect as I never really heard of it before. Just the minor itching in the recipient zone is what I noticed so far.

Yes, I was hesitant with the propecia, but seems like it is working and really doing something. I think I'll continue it. Definitely worth it.

Thanks Sean for your Inputs and detailed report of your HT. Its very helpful.. I will use your thread as a guide for my HT with Dr.Rahal in Jan.

By the way your Hairline was really awesome. Thats the hairline i always dreamed about and looking for. Hope dr.rahal will give it to me. I will show your picture and request for a similar hairline :). Waiting for your progress pics !!

All da Best

Thanks. All is good so far. I will post some more pics around the 14th which will be right at 4 months. I have quite a bit of growth already which is cool.

Sounds good. Look forward to seeing them. Glad to see your getting good growth, especially this soon. You are one of those early growers. good stuff