My FUE With Dr. Rahal 3000+ Grafts (Large Procedure)

Sean

Did my write up/results help you with your questions regarding Dr. Rahal's FUE?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking forward to seeing your pics. Sounds like everything went very well.

Thank you. Yes it did go well. The doctor said everything is looking good. I know you are all waiting for pics and i will have them up on 9/2 or the day after when I get back home. Thanks for following my progress and can't wait to hear your comments throughout the process.

Wow! 3000 grafts in one day? That's pretty amazing, I thought Dr.Rahal never went past 2500 in a single day!

Congrats man, it looks absolutely great!

Thanks, I appreciate it. Yea, turns out they were easy to extract on me for the most part. We were going at a really good pace. I also had decent density. A lot of factors played in that part. But I am glad I did it all in one day rather then the two day period. It worked out in my favor as I don't think I could have lasted another day honestly. I had to sacrifice sitting in the chair from like 7:20am to 7:30pm and it got me what I needed. I'll keep updating my results every 3 months for you guys to check out.

Looks good Sean......should give you a nice dense hairline.

Thank you. I really appreciate the comment. I hope it gives me that dense hairline. I am really looking forward to it and now I just have to wait those months to see the end result. I am also following your progress. It's looking good. We both have to wait a couple of months, so good growing to you. Wish you the best.

Sean,

Congratulations again! From all appearances, you've got the odds stacked in your favor and are sure to have an impressive result!

Thank you for taking the time to meticulously chronicle your experience with Dr. Rahal. As most everyone here is aware, Dr. Rahal only recently began offering FUE and many members are eager to view more of his results. I'm sure that as you progress along your hair restoration journey and continue to share your progress that more and more eyes will be on you.

Best of luck and please keep updating us!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Sean,

Congratulations again! From all appearances, you've got the odds stacked in your favor and are sure to have an impressive result!

Thank you for taking the time to meticulously chronicle your experience with Dr. Rahal. As most everyone here is aware, Dr. Rahal only recently began offering FUE and many members are eager to view more of his results. I'm sure that as you progress along your hair restoration journey and continue to share your progress that more and more eyes will be on you.

Best of luck and please keep updating us!

Thank you David. Yes, Dr. Rahal only recently began offering FUE, over a year ago. After seeing his overall work, I took great faith in his skill and ability in hair restoration. It is true I did not see a lot of his FUE results, but his work did seal the deal and gave me assurance. So, you can say this posting of mine is like a test because I am trying to attract people to follow my results and critique it as they want to along the process. The people will be the judge. My scalp is just the platform, in the months to come, and by the end of the year, we will all see how it comes out. I am very optimistic though.

Here may be some important factors for everyone to consider when watching my progress:

1. My overall health is good.

2. I do not smoke and do not drink alcohol.

3. I have had testosterone blood tests done to check levels and everything is in the norm.

4. I have been on a healthy diet for the past couple of months prior to my surgery until now. I am following 5 healthy lean meals a day again after coming back home from my procedure. It consists of either chicken, fish, salads, low fat, and all that healthy stuff.

5. I am getting at least 8 hours of sleep and now maintaining it.

6. I am not taking any body building supplements, such as creatine or protein powders. You can check out my natural healthy supplements on my hairlosswebsite link. All of what I am taking is to improve and keep myself toxin free and healthy. Nothing causes hair loss or is known to, from what I am taking.

7. I am taking finisteride (proscar), cut into fours, one estimated 1.25mg piece a day.

9. I haven't started to take Rogaine Foam yet, but will start the day I am suppose to as my post op directions state.

10. I am drinking green tea regularly after my procedure as it has shown positive results in some studies.

11. I am not going to be working for the next 3 months but will be home to keep stress levels low, to avoid risking any damage to my grafts.

12. I do meditate, to keep stress levels healthy daily. As some studies have shown, it helps with stress reduction.

13. I am sleeping with an air purifier on daily to keep any dust particles away, as dust may cause issues with the recipient zone.

13. I am following all post op instructions to the core.

I think if you look at all the variables above, I am a good candidate to see these results on. It's like a research study basically. Not everyone follows that routine, people smoke, people drink, people do different things, and certain behaviors may have a negative impact on hair transplant growth/hair follicles, but we do not really know since there are so many variables.

I am trying to eliminate all the possible negative variables so that you can see how the result turns out on person watching his health. So, I am taking this process very seriously and avoiding any risk. Thanks for the comments.

Edited by Sean

At what density was the hair transplanted at?

Hi Julius, here is the info:

Total Graft Breakdown: A total of 3016 grafts were implanted. 1091 singles, 1439 doubles, 407 threes, 79 fours, is the graft breakdown. Density consists of 65cm on hairline, behind hairline it is 55cm, sides are 50 cm, overall it is 58cm density.

Just to clarify, Dr Rahal has been performing larger FUE sessions for over a year now, and smaller ones for some years prior to that. It's not something he just started yesterday. :)

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Just to clarify, Dr Rahal has been performing larger FUE sessions for over a year now, and smaller ones for some years prior to that. It's not something he just started yesterday. :)

I agree. Dr. Rahal has been performing FUE, it's not like he started yesterday and I was the first patient. Some of the patients are not on the forums while some of his other patients are updating their results from those surgeries. So, it is pretty exciting to see their results when they post them as they do look good. I am one of those patients of Dr. Rahal that definitely wants to keep everyone posted with my progress of my Large FUE procedure. I am very excited as this was my first hair restoration procedure and counting down the days to peace in the next couple of months. :)

man your going to get awesome results! i cant wait till i see your hairline grow in. i had 3500 grafts with dr. rahal and im extatic with my results. im 8 months post up! will be posting new pics in my thread! keep updating ur pictures

man your going to get awesome results! i cant wait till i see your hairline grow in. i had 3500 grafts with dr. rahal and im extatic with my results. im 8 months post up! will be posting new pics in my thread! keep updating ur pictures

Thanks for the motivation and comments Gattaca. I really hope I get awesome results. Please check out my updates as I will be updating my hairlosswebsite often. Were you ever bald? I tried looking at your photos but could not see before ones, but whatever you posted now as your Display pic, seems serious. It's like that "justin bieber" hair. You got a huge mane with those 3500 grafts. You still have months to grow if your only at 8 months. Are you taking any supplements? Rogaine? Finisteride? After seeing yours, I can't wait to see my growth, I got a whole year to wait. Where were you losing hair initially, the crown or front cause I don't see your before photos.

Edited by Sean

I was asked a question on My Hair Loss Website that I am not sure the answer to. Professionals & hair loss researchers, if you know the answer, please answer the following question asked by Jay:

"just a question to all...Mr Sean had 3000 grafts via FUE, can he still have FUT in the future if he wished to. Its just seeing his donor area, made me think about FUT."

Thanks.

Here are some POST OP Photos from the day of my departure from Canada/Dr. Rahal's Clinic 9/3/2011. Please take a look. These were taken by Dr. Rahal's staff and are in better quality for you to evaluate.

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29717&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29718&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29719&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29720&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29714&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29729&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=29728&forumid=1

*These photos can't be used without my permission, since they show the work Dr. Rahal did on my scalp. Only he has the right to show these as I gave him permission to do so. Only he has my consent to show them. It is copyrighted material. There are clinics that take photos and pass them as their own or other hair loss companies that do so. No one else has permission to use these unless I say so. So, if found elsewhere on other websites, companies, etc, other then where I have posted, I will pursue those involved to the highest extent of the law. These photos and any photos I post here, are being shown here by me for opinions/advice/feedback and to help forum members get an idea of how my FUE was. Thanks.*

Edited by Sean

Good stuff Sean! Very refined and the hairline design is really good...frames your face nicely!!! Please keep all of us posted!!!

Looks great Sean.....like I said, I know you are going to be really happy when this grows in.....looking forward to following your progress.

Thanks again orlhair. Can't wait to hear your feedback throughout my process.

Good stuff Sean! Very refined and the hairline design is really good...frames your face nicely!!! Please keep all of us posted!!!

Thanks Capelli, I appreciate the comments.

Great write up sean, in your opening page you mentioned about the consent form. And you said

"These will scare you as they reveal new things etc..."

Could you explain more.

Yes, well first thing, this must have been the mother of consent forms lol. I guess every doctor has one. It was a few pages, took a few minutes to read through, a lot of initialing,signing, and some re-writing. There was certain side effects discussed throughout. One that stood out for me was that 10% patients might not have regrowth or something from the implanted donor hairs. There was something about temporary or permanent numbness. There was something about allergic reactions to medications administered during the process. If any dispute occurs it will have to be resolved in courts in Canada, etc. There were points re-iterated about scarring. I am sure most consent forms are like this. But some of the stuff is a "what the hell" process when you have to read through all that the day before or just prior to your surgery. There is a lot of you understand this and that type of stuff. Like I had no idea with some of the stuff the consent form mentioned. I had questions about the stuff I had to initial and sign, and asked Dr. Rahal to clarify when he was drawing up my hairline. I think no matter what clinic you go to, you should read the consent form you are suppose to initial/sign the day of your surgery during your initial consultation when you are about to book a procedure. You can use the actual consent form itself to ask questions regarding all the "you understand this" stuff. That's my opinion. I really think you should contact the clinics you are interested in to go over the consent form with you as you do have concerns about the hair restoration process and request to do so at your initial meeting with them.

It looks nice and clean, but that is a lot of grafts for a very small area on a very young patient.

TC17, thanks for the comments. I appreciate it. Indeed that is a lot of grafts, but, it was needed to create a dense hairline to my goals. Dr. Rahal did measure me and created the hairline after analyzing my facial structure, framing it to my face. I hope it turns out great. However, I am 29 years old, your right, I am young, what you said is understandable. The highest class of baldness in my fathers side is like a 4v barely touching a 5. No one on my mothers side is bald and all have a thick head of hair. I have 5000 grafts remaining for future use via FUE. I believe I responded well to Finasteride. Take a look at my photos on my hair loss website link, the ones that show my condition one year prior to my surgery. I started taking finasteride January 2011 and still take it. The day of my pre-op, you can see I had some hairs regrown, hair got thicker, and my crown kind of recovered. So, I think the response was good to Finasteride. I also have not started rogaine foam yet, but will in a few days. I hope all these factors go in my favor even though I am young. My goal is to fight progression and to try to maintain everything, and I know there is that fear of being young and then things getting worse down the road. I hope it doesn't apply to me, but there maybe that chance. I keep myself really healthy and hope that factor helps. I want to keep baldness at bay for many years as I want to focus on my career. That is why I went for this surgery now. I hope there will be better technologies in the future. But you made a good point.

Looks good!

However if you are indeed one of the first Rahal 3000 FUE patient than he is off my list, I am not going to let anyone touch me with little FUE experience.

I am looking for true FUE experts in the USA, wo can help me ??

Thanks for the comments on the way the hairline looks. I really appreciate it. IMO he creates the best hairlines based on what I have seen. I am not the first Rahal 3000 FUE patient, just one that is documenting my progress on the forums. He has been doing this for over a year. He has had a lot of FUE patients, but not many that documented it like I am doing on the forums. There were patients with over 3000 grafts. I am the first 3000+ graft FUE DOCUMENTING my progress for opinions/feedback/responses.

You already mentioned Dr. Bisanga as being right up there with the world top FUE surgeon in an extensive previous post, so why not go to him? Your top three consist of doctors in Belgium. Dr. Bisanga, Devroye, Feriduni.

But even after that, your Number ONE pick was Prohairclinic. I mean you are from Italy, so I would assume those other doctors you mentioned would be ideal to where you live and that they are great docs. They are probably even better than Prohairclinic.

Dr. DeReyes retired Prohairclinic a while ago. So, who is the doctor now? Last I heard the hair transplant procedures at ProHair were mostly done by techs. I would rather have an experienced hair restoration doctor work on my scalp, than to have the job mostly done by techs.

This was discussed here,

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/139677-2509-fue-prohairclinic-belgium.html

So, why go to the hassle of U.S. or to find doctors around this area, when you already have ones that are near you? Would you rather look for surgeon in the U.S. or just unsure of the work the others you mentioned? Check out the forums on all doctors and see who can really help and ask for plenty of photos. I would not go to any clinic that does not have an experienced doctor. IMO, Hair transplantation is a doctors game with the assistance of techs, not the other way around. Good Luck.

Edited by Sean