Frustrated with uneven hairline right after HT

fsuzer

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd really like you to forgive me for my English.

To start off, I had a hair transplantation about 7 days ago and for the past few days I noticed that my new hairline is Uneven! Please check my photo attached. Today, I visited my usual hair stylist and without mentioning anything, he also was shocked with the uneven hairline.

I really don't know what I am supposed to now. I am really frustrated and so upset. I would really appreciate if someone could suggest what I have to do now? I so much started to regret that I had done th HT.

Kind wishes to everyone.....

photo.JPG.e52a3dc622fd96d48b5a3ceeb32a9ed6.JPG

5b32cf3522bb9_photo1.JPG.ac8f86639fb485657c9349a0ffb92796.JPG

5b32cf35352e6_photo2.JPG.3325e0105614d5dbd91f6719c7a14d0c.JPG

fsuzer, I am sorry to say you are correct, the hairline looks uneven. Frankly, the entire design is very poorly done. Who is your surgeon?

As far as what to do from here, consult with some other top surgeons you find on this site. I would not return to the one who did this work by any means.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I am participating here from another country and I had this HT at a clinic doing all surgical things here.

So, about this hairline would I be able to hide the unevenness by growing the hair a lot?

So, about this hairline would I be able to hide the unevenness by growing the hair a lot?

Maybe with a combed forward look. Yeah, that's definitely an uneven hairline. You are probably going to need repair work in the future. Start doing your research and saving your money. It looks like you really need temple work as well.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

The hairline design may appear uneven now but you will be amazed at how some hair length will blend everything together. Wait and see how it turns out. I have noticed other hairlines post op that looked uneven that turned out perfectly fine once the hair grew. Remember that even native hairlines are not always symmetrical.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I wanted to clarify that I think your doc did a sloppy design but just making the point to wait it out and it may not turn out too bad.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

The hairline design may appear uneven now but you will be amazed at how some hair length will blend everything together. Wait and see how it turns out. I have noticed other hairlines post op that looked uneven that turned out perfectly fine once the hair grew. Remember that even native hairlines are not always symmetrical.

Thanks alot for clarifying and making me feel a little better. I am really hopeless. I guess I have to wait the hair to grow and see if I need fix in future by someone else.

I've included some before photos.

Thanks everyone who commented so far.

IMG_0300.JPG.958f2b2bff384154b5ee574dd51a94e1.JPG

IMG_0302.jpg.6003133df0fe7b6e4ce5ca33efccead4.jpg

IMG_0303.JPG.6ba4814b00edbf3a28d965bb748feb2c.JPG

And now, 7 days post-op from top view photos.

I will also be starting finasteride and minoxidile regime for the first time in my life in a month or so because as you can see, top area is pretty thin. I hope this regime will help and overall HT result will be OK after like 7-8 months later...

IMG_0313.jpg.0101c5a9d0a0146171b8630454deeef8.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg.995b8bd4fa4db9da92f1bc7f0c8426b7.jpg

Edited by fsuzer

As others have suggested, I would simply wait and see how it looks at different lengths once it grows out. It may not even be a problem at that point. If necessary you could always do a touch up procedure later. And by the way, your English is fine

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

How many grafts is that? Do you have a graft breakdown? Did the doc say how much you have available for future use? Try not to worry too much about it right now. Yes, it does look uneven. But lets wait and see when it grows out to see how it will look. Maybe it wont be such a big deal? But if you need to, you can do a revision when it's fully grown out. Worst thing to do is to put yourself under even more stress. Remember, stress can cause your hair to thin or fall according to some studies. So, try to focus on following up on your post op care and keep your grafts healthy. Rogaine, propecia in the future etc. Good Luck and keep us posted on the progress. I definitely want to see how it grows out in the months to come, especially, being a FUE procedure. I am getting FUE as well.

Fsuzer,

As a few others members have stated, I do think it's too early to deem the procedure a success or failure based off the post-operative hairline symmetry. At this point in time, it's probably best to monitor your progress, research all you can about surgical hair restoration (our discussion forums are a great resource), and prepare to fully analyze your result at the 12 month mark.

Good luck, and thank you for sharing your story/photographs!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Guest mariewoltz25411697

I don't think unevenness is as big a problem compared to being bald. I looked at your pics and couldn't figure out for a little while what was the unevenness you were talking about. If you get good amount of growth, you will be glad for that rather than worry about the asymmetry. I don't think it is easy to see the asymmetry if someone is looking straight at you, as the asymmetry is on the sides.

How many grafts is that? Do you have a graft breakdown? Did the doc say how much you have available for future use? Try not to worry too much about it right now. Yes, it does look uneven. But lets wait and see when it grows out to see how it will look. Maybe it wont be such a big deal? But if you need to, you can do a revision when it's fully grown out. Worst thing to do is to put yourself under even more stress. Remember, stress can cause your hair to thin or fall according to some studies. So, try to focus on following up on your post op care and keep your grafts healthy. Rogaine, propecia in the future etc. Good Luck and keep us posted on the progress. I definitely want to see how it grows out in the months to come, especially, being a FUE procedure. I am getting FUE as well.

This is 3200 grafts in a single session. Strange thing is on the third day after getting the HT, when I visited the clinic for the first wash, I asked the doc a few times if I need another transplant next year he said he would not recommend another HT but to use rog and min instead. The reason I asked after HT is to get the correct answer because asking before paying and getting the HT usually is not correct:)

Anyway, like you guys say I will wait and see how it goes and I will definitely keep you updated with my progress.

Thanks for the comments.

Fsuzer,

As a few others members have stated, I do think it's too early to deem the procedure a success or failure based off the post-operative hairline symmetry. At this point in time, it's probably best to monitor your progress, research all you can about surgical hair restoration (our discussion forums are a great resource), and prepare to fully analyze your result at the 12 month mark.

Good luck, and thank you for sharing your story/photographs!

I don't think unevenness is as big a problem compared to being bald. I looked at your pics and couldn't figure out for a little while what was the unevenness you were talking about. If you get good amount of growth, you will be glad for that rather than worry about the asymmetry. I don't think it is easy to see the asymmetry if someone is looking straight at you, as the asymmetry is on the sides.

Thank you for the comments. Like you guys have suggested, I will just wait and see how it looks in the end.

Thanks a lot..

How many days post op was that picture taken was it 7 days? If so there's still chance it could settle slightly due to swelling things look uneven, my face was uneven for around 7 days.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

How many days post op was that picture taken was it 7 days? If so there's still chance it could settle slightly due to swelling things look uneven, my face was uneven for around 7 days.

Yes, I had it done last Wednesday. Though I don't really feel there is swelling anymore. But I hope and wish you are right about what you say :)

Here are some photos I took today after washing.

image.jpeg.1e9022541a1d72c01ad673a627da5c6a.jpeg

image_1.jpeg.2b63f88f5013e38841c4c2ef4b935fbe.jpeg

image_2.jpeg.cbfd6d20426f8fc8b776eb75429fa9d3.jpeg

image_3.jpg.6f4ace6b556339a6f7d99a74c09c0a17.jpg

It doesn't look that bad...remember HT's always look bad for a while...granted the hairline isn't completely symmetrical but as someone noted above hairlines aren't always perfect. I think that once you grow it out it will cover any imperfections. Overall i think it looks pretty good...how many grafts were taken...looks like a lot!!! Hang in there and now all you can do is sit and wait...I'm sure you will look fine once this grows out and if you want to fix it a little you always can...at least the bulk of your thinning/recession is taken care of now! hang in there!

Like others have said, once it's grown out and you're looking at hair rather than the line, it probably won't be as noticeable. I think the biggest overall improvement could be made by bringing the sides of the temples forward a bit. It would help reduce the unevenness by shortening the total width of the hairline. I know the last thing you want to think about now is more surgery, but if you did want to do something in the future then I think that should be an area to focus on.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Even though I'm not of a fan of the graft planting, the work looks pretty clean and refined. So hopefully you'll grow well. And then after that you can bring down the left side of your hairline and also get some temple work done. But do your research and go to a good doc next time around.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

It doesn't look that bad...remember HT's always look bad for a while...granted the hairline isn't completely symmetrical but as someone noted above hairlines aren't always perfect. I think that once you grow it out it will cover any imperfections. Overall i think it looks pretty good...how many grafts were taken...looks like a lot!!! Hang in there and now all you can do is sit and wait...I'm sure you will look fine once this grows out and if you want to fix it a little you always can...at least the bulk of your thinning/recession is taken care of now! hang in there!

Total of 3200 grafts were taken and planted and yes I think I will just see how it looks when it grows out. Hope it will look ok.

Like others have said, once it's grown out and you're looking at hair rather than the line, it probably won't be as noticeable. I think the biggest overall improvement could be made by bringing the sides of the temples forward a bit. It would help reduce the unevenness by shortening the total width of the hairline. I know the last thing you want to think about now is more surgery, but if you did want to do something in the future then I think that should be an area to focus on.

Thanks a lot for your comment. You are very right with me not wishing any more surgery. God, many sleepless and uncomfortable hours, no way. At least for now neither any near future:) Maybe next year:confused: It all depends how it will look when it grows out though. I am never planning to keep my hair any short so let's see what happens.

Even though I'm not of a fan of the graft planting, the work looks pretty clean and refined. So hopefully you'll grow well. And then after that you can bring down the left side of your hairline and also get some temple work done. But do your research and go to a good doc next time around.

Advises taken, thank you very much. I will definitively do my research really well if there will be any next time.

Hi,

Can you tell us what clinic performed your hair transplant? Why don't you go back to the clinic with your concern? You probably paid them quite a lot of money.

Regards

Rod