Anyone heard of London Hair Transplant Clinic?

iq200

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is really hard to get into a surgery with this guys(LHTC) but if you do get into one ask that Flo to work on you.I just had my Fue with them and she explained me everything prior the surgery,she even told me that I don't need so many grafts.

I was relaxed and not scared with her working on my Fue and she was more than happy to answer to all my questions and explain everything she was doing.

Is really hard to get into a surgery with this guys(LHTC) but if you do get into one ask that Flo to work on you.I just had my Fue with them and she explained me everything prior the surgery,she even told me that I don't need so many grafts.

I was relaxed and not scared with her working on my Fue and she was more than happy to answer to all my questions and explain everything she was doing.

Interested to hear your story. Any pics to share?

• 1 month later...

London Hair Transplant Clinic based at 1-7 Harley Street London. My experience with LHTC started in Oct 2012 when I purchased a wowcher for 1000 grafts, I went to see them and was "advised" that I needed a further 3000 grafts at a cost of ?3100 on top of ?1199 I paid for the wowcher offer. I was asked to pay ?1550 at the consultation and subsequently paid the balance. The date for surgery was agreed: 25 February 2012 as they had so many patients. On Sunday 24 February I had a phone call to say the surgeon was ill and the surgery would need to be postponed. At this point I started researching LHTCs performance and came across this very informative site. Despite reservations and with considerable difficulty I managed to contact LHTC and agreed that the surgery (subject to receiving full information on the consultant undertaking the surgery would take place on 11 March 2013. Yesterday late afternoon I had a phone call from LHTC to say they could do the surgery today, I explained this was unacceptable due to other commitments, it was the suggested tomorrow again this conflicted with previously made arrangements. By this time I was getting annoyed so pointed out that they still had not provided the information I had requested twice about the surgeon and that I had made all arrangements based on the surgery being done on Monday 11 March. It is now 18.34 and I have had no further information from LHTC about the surgery on Monday, so I can only wonder what their excuse will be this time. Luckily I used my credit card for payment so plan to use the claim dispute in order to try and get my money back. I shall keep everyone updated on progress but I really feel that hair transplant clinics need to be regulated and people like wowcher and groupon need to do proper checks before advertising deals from this type of company.

Jace121 - don't worry, i'm in the same boat. Am taking action against LHTC to get my money back from them too after paying ?5000 for the surgery and a confirmed surgery date of 1st February 2013 but heard nothing.

Do let me know how you are going about taking action if any or are successful in getting your money back from them.

Anyone looking into the Groupon offer or at this company for surgery - best advice I can give is don't!

Hi nLj I paid using my credit card, my bank has sent me a claims dispute form which I need to fill in and hopefully will be able to recover 3/4 of the 4299 using that mechanism. I plan to also go back to wowcher and see if they will refund the balance. It is now 18.20 on Sunday 11 March and not heard anything further from LHTC so given them up as a lost cause. I am also seriously considering reporting them to trading standards. I hope you manage to get a refund. Best wishes. jace121

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard of it and I can highly reccomend the London Hair Transpant Clinic. Over the past couple of years my hair has been thinning, not at an alarming rate, just very noticable. Genetic I believe, especially if you look at my dad. Anyway I went to the London Hair Transplant Clinic, where I received a very welcoming reception, was looked after and was never rushed at any point with my consultation. I can only offer praise for this clinic, and I guess it is each to their own with their experiences, but my experience of this particular clinic was very very good. The staff were all very caring and reassuring, and the after care that I received was excellent. If you are looking for hairloss treatment, then I personally would highly recommend giving the London Hair Transplant Clinic a go.

Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a member of this forum for over a month and I have only just come across this post. As a few of the members I have been chatting with know, I had my surgery through the london hair transplant clinic and I totally champion them. I used the groupon offer that so many of you are judging and to be honest I am offended by some of your comments! Some of us dont have lots of money and my only option to be able to afford surgery was through their groupon offer. They were really professional throughout and I am really happy with the results, using this kind of offer doesnt make me naive, it makes me money savvy. I can confidently say I think my hair transplant is every bit as successful as if I had gone anywhere else, I just paid a lot less. I have to say that many of the people posting here are making judgements even when they have no experience with the company at all!

I have been a member of this forum for over a month and I have only just come across this post. As a few of the members I have been chatting with know, I had my surgery through the london hair transplant clinic and I totally champion them. I used the groupon offer that so many of you are judging and to be honest I am offended by some of your comments! Some of us dont have lots of money and my only option to be able to afford surgery was through their groupon offer. They were really professional throughout and I am really happy with the results, using this kind of offer doesnt make me naive, it makes me money savvy. I can confidently say I think my hair transplant is every bit as successful as if I had gone anywhere else, I just paid a lot less. I have to say that many of the people posting here are making judgements even when they have no experience with the company at all!

Glad to hear you had a positive experience, but as you're no doubt aware simply saying you had a good result won't attract much credibility without pics.

Glad to hear you had a positive experience, but as you're no doubt aware simply saying you had a good result won't attract much credibility without pics.

I only had my transplant done a few months ago so you cant see the full results yet - Im happy to post images so far and will keep you all updated with results (im at work at the moment so dont really want to be seen taking photos of my head!). I was really happy with the service and to be honest feel this blog has made me feel annoyed that so many people are making rude comments about my decision to go with a groupon offer even though they have had no personal experience with it.

You won't find many people agreeing. You shouldn't book a HT on the basis of a Groupon offer any more than you would a nose job or facelift.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

I stupidly bought a Kgb deal for -

London Hair

Transplant Clinic

(contact information removed by moderator)

I did this out of impulse and not doing my research. I organised a consultation with them at Harley st, it seemed very professional and legit. They were very nice and informative. I put a deposit down and booked a date for the procedure.

Later when I did my own proper research I realised I’ve made a mistake and when I tried to get in touch with them but had no luck, e-mails, calls, nothing.

I now a few of you have experienced the same situation, did you manage to get your money back, and if so, how?

If anyone can give advise on how I could get my money back, it will much appreciated.

Many thanks in advanced.

Cheers

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

I had hair transplant surgery years ago and was left with a massive amount of scarring on the back of my head and very few hairs on my crown so I wish I never had the surgery. I always wore baseball caps and kept the hair long at the back to cover the scars. I thought I was scarred for that and that was it.

I found Annette Power, Harley St on the internet, spoke with her on the phone and booked to see her. We have had 3 two hour appointments, my scars look almost invisible, I have had had scalp pigmentation on my bald areas and now just shave my head! No more baseball caps for me. I completely trusted Annette and was right to do so. I am so happy with the results

here's her website: (link removed by moderator)

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

Hi there,

In response to various posts that have been submitted regarding the London Hairtransplant Clinic & Dr. Kienecker, I would certainly advise anyone looking to have surgery to look elsewhere.

I had a FUT proceedure carried out in March 2012, admittedly i never carried out enough research on the Surgeon or Comapny and i rue that decision to this day. Alarm bells should've started to sound when i turned up to the practice in Fulham and it's basically inside a Dentist's practice!..

The Staff there were great and welcoming, but as soon as I had the proceedure i noticed that my hairline hadn't basically been touched having informed them that i was more concerned with the fron area. Eight months down the line and the hair growth was still non existent, i phoned/emailed

both Dr. Kienecker's surgery & LHTC and was told that it would grow and that this timescale isn't unheard of and to come back after 12 Months.

I met Dr. Kienecker last week for my 12 Month post-operative check up (incidentally in a new Dental practice in Kings Cross), my hairline/density has not changed and actually is thinner than before the surgery. I informed Dr. Kienecker that i was unhappy with the results and he proceeded to tell me that the implanted hairs had taken extremely well and was fine???..

I would've had more respect for the fella if he'd held his hands up and said that the proceedure hadn't gone as well as could've been expected etc, etc, but no he give me some waffle that the hairs had in fact grown and my old hair had fallen out..

He then proceeded to tell me that LHTC had now been declared bankrupt and were operating under a slightly different name (London Hairtransplant Global) and that they still owed him over ?50,000 in fees etc.

I know i havent posted any pic's to back up this post, but am too embarassed by the fact that i did not do my homework & research, if i can offer any advice to anyone thnking of using this Company or Surgeon for that matter, Pleas STEER CLEAR!!!

I'm more than happy to answer any questions, if need be..

Thanks,

Wozza

• 1 month later...
London Hair Transplant Clinic based at 1-7 Harley Street London. My experience with LHTC started in Oct 2012 when I purchased a wowcher for 1000 grafts, I went to see them and was "advised" that I needed a further 3000 grafts at a cost of ?3100 on top of ?1199 I paid for the wowcher offer. I was asked to pay ?1550 at the consultation and subsequently paid the balance. The date for surgery was agreed: 25 February 2012 as they had so many patients. On Sunday 24 February I had a phone call to say the surgeon was ill and the surgery would need to be postponed. At this point I started researching LHTCs performance and came across this very informative site. Despite reservations and with considerable difficulty I managed to contact LHTC and agreed that the surgery (subject to receiving full information on the consultant undertaking the surgery would take place on 11 March 2013. Yesterday late afternoon I had a phone call from LHTC to say they could do the surgery today, I explained this was unacceptable due to other commitments, it was the suggested tomorrow again this conflicted with previously made arrangements. By this time I was getting annoyed so pointed out that they still had not provided the information I had requested twice about the surgeon and that I had made all arrangements based on the surgery being done on Monday 11 March. It is now 18.34 and I have had no further information from LHTC about the surgery on Monday, so I can only wonder what their excuse will be this time. Luckily I used my credit card for payment so plan to use the claim dispute in order to try and get my money back. I shall keep everyone updated on progress but I really feel that hair transplant clinics need to be regulated and people like vowcher and groupon need to do proper checks before advertising deals from this type of company.

Hi sorry to read about your experience I cannot believe I also got suckered into this nonsense after undergoing two H/Ts by a world class surgeon. I can assure you I also faced the same rubbish, surgery postponed , chasing refunds etc. However all is not lost we have the names addresses of the people who run the company based in Fulham and also the chap who sells the H/T lives in Bolton. However Ive a very good solicitor rehearsed in this field is contemplating of suing them on a no win no fee agreement if they don't honor their agreement.

Regards

Abby

Edited by Abby

I am suing the company. They have left a large scar across my forehead. I have been fobbed off by the company time and time again. However I am also in the medical legal field and have some very good lawyers with me who will start issuing proceedings as of Friday based on a no win no fee agreement. Please contact me if you any of you guys have been ripped off , scared etc I am sure I can help its just isnt fair you cannot promise people refunds, take money and offer H/Ts and when the crap hits the fan they go back on their word. .

Abby

Edited by Abby

a friend of mine unbeknown to me had also booked in to have surgery with them and had paid over ?6k to have surgery, when he turned up on the day, was told that no one was there from LHTC and cannot get hold of them to tell him what is happening, so looks like he's lost his money, so I'm sure there's a fair few that would like to sue the Company!!

a friend of mine unbeknown to me had also booked in to have surgery with them and had paid over ?6k to have surgery, when he turned up on the day, was told that no one was there from LHTC and cannot get hold of them to tell him what is happening, so looks like he's lost his money, so I'm sure there's a fair few that would like to sue the Company!!

Dont worry Buddy , this is criminal robbing people of their hard earned cash

Edited by Abby

Thats disguting, just rang the chap up and he claims to be on business in Europe ,

Edited by Abby

Hello! I was suckered into the same thing too. What a fool am !! Could you please introduce me to the solicitor you are using please? I would like to sue them too for my money. Are they no win no fee?

He is constantly claims he is on the business trip and the receptionist doesnt answer the calls anymore.

I've just spoken to my friend whom they had over and he'd be very interested in speaking to you as he'd like to catch up with this Zak, and also taling to your Solicitor recommendation..

How can he contact you?

Thanks,