Anyone heard of London Hair Transplant Clinic?

iq200

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I think you need to swallow the loss elmarkio whatever deposit you have payed and consider going elsewhere.

You could be making a catastrophic mistake.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Do not get surgery anywhere in the UK unless it's Dr. Farjo. He's very conservative but he won't butcher you and will do a good job.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hi I brought the deal through groupon went to fulham road where the surgery is performed, it's at a dental practise. Ulf then came upstairs to see me and then basically told me he thought it was to early and I was to young at 29. He seemed very nice and professional showed me his work, to be honest if he didn't talk me out of it I would of done it and gone through with it. I had payed in full by this point but rung Lhtc and got a full refund very promptly, have to note I didn't actually purchase through groupon but was honoured the price by Lhtc, better way to do it if you ask me! I'd go back though and do it if I thought he'd do it.

Edited by Braino

Thank you Braino, and thank you everyone else for your replies.

I have just uploaded pictures just so it's more clear what I'm aiming to achieve. If anyone has any input on whether 2,500 grafts would be enough/just about right etc I'd be grateful too.

I'll summarise the situation:

Me:

I've paid ?2,750 deposit (which is a lot in my world) which is 50% deposit for 2,500 grafts (5.5k in total).

No date set yet.

I was told this would be for full coverage of my bald spot and widows peak.

LHTC:

Previously they've used shopped and other peoples photos.

Braino had a good experience with them, but no surgery.

Dr Keinecker:

Lack of feedback on-line.

Works from a dentists

Is GMC registered.

Has two people on here with pics after surgery - I've asked them for some feedback no reply yet (I only asked yesterday though)

I am totally in limbo here. I done research before hand, but was probably (read definitely) very naive and researched the techniques only - it didn't even occur to me to research doctors - I assumed that once you'd got a medical degree you knew what you were doing! That's what desperation does to you I spose...

If anyone has any input on:

Does 2,500 grafts looks about right?

How badly could it go wrong given that he's filling in?

Should I go and have a consultation with Dr Keinecker and if so what should I ask?

Once again thank you all for your help and advice so far!

Don't go to Ziering in the UK.

His reputation has prospered off the back of Jason Gardener( the gentlemen of strictly come dancing).

Jason Gardner wears concealer in his hair, so it gives a completely misleading representation of what has actually been achieved and what his final result really looks like.

There are far better surgeons on here listed.

The pair of them actually appeared on 'This Morning' on Uk TV.

However, when I later saw 'Jeremy Isherwood' on 'This Morning' at a later date as a so called hair expert giving his views on Wayne Rooney's hair transplant, I nearly fell off my seat and lost all respect for that programme.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Dear ELMARKIO

Please research carefully. You should meet doctors and some of their patients before comitiing to surgery. This is surgery on your head, you are not buying a used car. Unfortunatley, not all surgeons are capable of producing top class work, there are a number around the world who produce excellent work, on a consistent basis- many of them are on this forum. Please research these guys and make an informed decision or you might regret it. Never seen any of Ziering's work, or the other guy that was mentioned, so I cant comment.

I started researching in 2002 and had surgery in 2009 in Belgium.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks Chris and Beardy,

I'll go and meet with Dr Kienecker on Saturday. I'm keen to see the set up inside the dentists that he works from!

Unfortunately meeting patients may be difficult. What questions did you ask beardy when you met your surgeon?

Mine currently (which I'll add to)

Have you got any examples of your work

Any recommendations

Examples of the scar closure

How many years have you been doing this

Why are you working from a dentists.

Many thanks!

Hey elmarkio

Buddy you're setting yourself up for a disaster here , Firstly , 2750 and you don't even know much about the guy who is about to cut you open and slice the back of your head then stick grafts back ito you scalp !!

Sounds easy doesn't it ?, sadly not all surgeons are equal , I have been researching this shit since 2004 , and had two HTs with one of the best , and I have yet to see any clinic is the UK match the top guys in europe , canada and north america .

People metion the farjos but there aren't even on the same page man !!

This london clinics , guys you're being seduced because it says london on the address , this is bullshit and not to mention where is the grown out results online ?

Ziering is also bullshit , it's a "HAIRMILL" , you won't even get to know who your surgeon is , this company is like mcdonalds IT'S A FRANCHISE !!! any old doc will be working on your scalp !!!

Jesus what is wrong with some of the guys who come on here ? ....... every week I have a catch up and I see the same old mistakes over and over again !!!

For christ sake this is surgery !!!!!! YOUR HEAD IS GOING TO BE SLICED OPEN , CARE HAS TO BE TAKEN FOR NERVE DAMAGE FOLICAL TRANSECTION , SHOCK LOSS AND THE GRAFTS HAVE TO BE IMPLANTED WITH SKILL , ORIENTATION , DEPTH , ANGLE , NATURAL SWIRL , NATURAL DENSITY ............... THEN THERE IS THE TECTS ......... DO THE TECTS DO THIS DAY IN DAY OUT , DO THERE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN TERMS OF ORIENTATION , DEPTH , ANGLE , NATURAL SWIRL ?????

People always talk about the docs , but the tects put the grafts in , do you understand this , shit tects means shit HT !!!!!!!!!!!!

And all of this has to be done in a set time because the folicals will DIE without a blood supply , dead folicals means no growth , infection risks and a big fat waste of money !!!!!!

Then there is the emptional effect of being butchered , low yeild , a scar , loss of control of ones situation , no more money , no more donor , no more shave it all off .

For fucks sake people do some research , meet with patience , oh but it may be difficult to meet patience , bullshit , make time , this is for the rest of your life , make and break right here right now , this is it , get this wrong and you will be sorry , you will regret it .

Save your money up , and then go see Hasson and Wong , Dr Feller , Dr Rahal or Dr Bisanger .

Your head , your risk

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

ive made mistake of 2 bad transplants and very nasty scar and only have one chance left and been hiding for 2 years so i need an amazing surgeon to repair and cover my head, but how can i meet patients from us when in uk, the ziering consultation was very convincing as i need a good plastic surgeon to repair my head and rahal is who imlooking at at moment as all i hear is good !

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Firstly, thank you to everyone who took the time to write.

I went to see Ulf, and he suggested that I'd need more than what was quoted to me and spoke about the future cost and options.

Long story short, I'm going to try Fina/Minox for a year to see what that brings.

I've asked Zak/LHTC for a refund, Zak was cool, said it'd be around 10-15days.

I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

Thank you all again!

Mark

• 5 weeks later...

Eves Blueguy,

I did get a contract, a double sided piece of A4, one side had T&Cs, the other side was about the customer: Norwood/Name/Deposit Paid/Total Value/Grafts required and things like that.

Tbh,I know opinion is mixed on here - however I have to give them every credit. I've been remiss at checking my bank statements due to working long hours and having a stressy job! However they didn't fob me off at all and processed the refund within a day of me raising the query.

The mistake was an honest oversight, and they corrected it within 24 hours. If I had raised the issue earlier it would have been sorted earlier, however I was on a cycle of pretty much nothing but work/sleep/work.

I can only go by my own experiences: Met Ulf (Kienecker), he is a nice bloke who was more than open to discussion - and actually suggested alternatives to surgery (even as far as getting a sun tan :D). Met Zak, who I do like as a bloke, he's always been straight down the line and has also had my best interests at heart. Met another client of theirs in Ulf's reception, and although he was only two weeks out from surgery, he had nothing but good things to say about Ulf, and importantly, when there was a problem LHTC resolved it within 24hours of me raising it.

There are others who have met Ulf/LHTC and have had positive things to say. I may be controversial here, but how many of the posters with negative comments have met LHTC or Ulf... Everyone one here that I've seen seems to be on the lookout for everyone in the community, however sometimes that leads to bashing everyone bar the most well known by default.

I'm not a stooge. I'm an ordinary bloke, not connected to LHTC or Ulf in any way, and was genuinely going to go ahead with surgery until Ulf suggested delaying. Based on my own experience, they deserve a chance imo, even if it is just to go and have a chat and sound them out - and then to make your choice from there.

I'm happy to answer any questions, and will do so honestly.

Hi

People will be sceptical regarding Hair transplant clinics offereing a discounted procedure via groupon.

The important thing is to see grown out results, in person and meet patients who have had surgery by the surgeon. It is beneficial to see patients from a number of doctors so you can differentiate between the quality of work. This is surgery on your head and whist no medical procedure can be guaranteed to be 100% successful, you minimize the risk by choosing a surgeon with proven results and happy patients. This isn't like getting a wart removed, you need to choose wisely. I have no axe to grind, I just see guys on here who have had thier lives ruined and have to seek repair work just to look normal again.

Good luck with the meds and your future HT -

Beardy

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Guys, need dsome advice. As I have stated in my previous msg, I have been trying to get a refund from The London Hair Transplant Clinic as I feel I have been mislead by them. I have also noticed Elmarkios picture who was initially told, from my understanding, that he would need 2500 grafts, but the actual surgeon said he would need more. I was told by my consultant that I would need considerably less than 2500 but my crown is quite a bit more bald than the photo of what appears to be elmarkios crown.

Anyway, after ignoring a strongly worded letter for nearly four weeks, I randomly received a phone call from a DR from London Hair Transplant Clinic asking me to come to their London office for a meeting with the GM, so they could get my version of events in order to take disciplinary action against the consultant. I found this to be odd and asked why such a conversation could not take place over the phone. It was then that he mentioned they wanted me to sign a non disclosure agreement. I understood from what he said that they were not prepared to resolve the matter until I signed this NDA. Does anybody have any knowledge about this sort of pratice. Any advice would be well appreciated as I am unsure of what to do.

Sorry to hear that. They sound like a right bunch of criminals. You could go and say "look if you give me the refund in cash now I'll sign this agreement", or just go to the small claims court, BBC Watchdog programme etc. I wouldnt let it rest.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 2 weeks later...

I too purchased the groupon deal with LHTC.

Met with one of the consultants who suggested going for the 4,000 grafts. place.

Once I let him know that I had purchased the deal through Groupon, he then proceded to tell me I had to pay LHTC an additional charge to cover the VAT on the procedure, I queried this with Groupon who informed me that all charges were covered by the price quoted on the deal. I told the consultant this was the case and he ultimately dropped a request for an additional ?800.

I had arranged a procedure date with the consultant who told me that all confirmation details would arrive 2 weeks prior to the procedure. I heard nothing from them with 2 weeks to go so called to see what was going on. I was then told that I would get it next week. I still had not heard from them with one week to go and began to chase them.

I left multiple messages over the course of 4 days, to which I received no response. I finally received a call from an Operations Manager to tell me that LHTC were no longer working with Groupon and that they were no longer honouring any existing bookings.

You will be fobbed off repeatedly by thier outsourced reception function and become frustrated as their consultants never bother to call back.

I was given an incorrect mobile no. by the consultant and when he did call it came through a blocked no., I was not given an email address for him either. Which heightend my suspicions of what kind of organistaion they really are. They had no thought to follow up from the booking with any kind of info/literature on the procedure.

They were completely unprofessional and have a disturbing lack of courtesy for their clients who are willing to pay a lot of money for their services.

I would stay well clear of these guys, I actually feel I am lucky to have had this cancelled. They were more intent on taking my money and even suggested I bypass Groupon and go directly with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow man !!!

have you even read this post from begining to end ?

stay away from this company , stay away from groupon , are you seriously nuts ?

READ THE THREAD AND TAKE IN WHAT PEOPLE WITH EXPERIENCE ARE SAYING HERE !

JESUS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ?

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007