Upcoming surgery at Transmed with Dr Melike Kulahci

lisco

Hi everyone,

I have been away for some time and just came back to upload some recent photos but before I add any comments, I'd like to thank some of you, first of all Bill for his clarifications and contact with the clinic, as well as Jeremiah, Skinuppinup, Hairthere, Jessie1, Hairtoday72 and Sparky for your support and helpful insights.

On the other hand, I can't help but wonder what's wrong with Bonkerstonker having read his comments. I do understand the benefits of a realistic approach but I find his comments crappy. If we bear in mind that I am no skipster that has deals with the clinic, I'd like to share my experience over the past twenty days or so. It seems to me that this is the worst stage as all the transplants have fallen out with the rest of the hair being in a state of shock making me feel like I took a step back, but still hoping that big leaps forward lie ahead.

23 days post op I started using minox foam while I've started using propecia 3days post op on a regular basis. Also, in the meantime I heard from other patients who have had their tranplants in Transmed and have come out more than satisfied, e.g. Difuser and others. What's more a few days ago I received a phone call from Transmed as a part of the regular postop patient care program, and encouraged me inspite of the bad comments on the forum so that I remain firm in my belief to wait for a few more months before we can make any serious prognosis on the success of my surgery.

Skipster - at this point I cannot recommend whether to go with Transmed or not, but in case you have second thoughts, it might be good to wait till I can come up with results on regrowth in a couple of months, contact additional patients that wen through Transmed and then make your own decision. As for me, my rating of Transmed (bearing in mind this is my first HT) is very high in terms of comfort, expertise of Dr Ilker and the entire treatment.

As I said above, I rest assured that my yield rate will be high and pending these results, we will be able to provide argumented comments on graft placement in my case. I wish you all lots of luck in your treatments and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why Dr. Melike Kulahci (from Transmed) is no longer a recommended hair transplant physician by hairrestorationnetwork.com? Few weeks ago she was still featured on this website but I have just noticed her profile and patient results have disappeared...

Does anyone know why Dr. Melike Kulahci (from Transmed) is no longer a recommended hair transplant physician by hairrestorationnetwork.com? Few weeks ago she was still featured on this website but I have just noticed her profile and patient results have disappeared...

Very interesting. Did she jump or was she pushed?

Dr. Melike Kulahci was recommended on this community for many years. She and her staff at Transmed developed an excellent reputation over the years based on proven results. However, more recently a few patients posted concerns regarding their surgeries with other physicians at Transmed. We encouraged Transmed to publicly reply to these concerns and resolve them. While Transmed did address many of these concerns, they ultimately concluded that they did not want to actively participate in our community and be required to respond online to such issues in the future. This was in part due to the challenge of responding to these concerns publicly in a language that was not their native Turkish.

In addition to meeting our high standards for providing state of the art hair transplantation and proven patient satisfaction, we require that all physicians who are recommended on this community be willing to respond to and resolve patient issues that come to our attention. While the patients of Transmed are free to continue posting their experiences on this forum, it will be up to Transmed to determine how and if they choose to respond to any such potential future concerns.

However, we ask that patients who have concerns first privately contact their physician, whether the physician is recommended or not, and give this physician an opportunity to privately resolve their concerns. Once this has been done, a patient is then free to share their genuine experience publicly on this forum, including how any of their concerns have been addressed. For more information about our posting policy we encourage members to view "Maintaining a safe and fair environment on our forum for patients and physicians".

We wish Dr. Kulahci and her entire staff continued success and thank them for their past support and quality care of the members of this community.

Bill and Pat

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, looooong time, no see, so here I am six months later with fresh pics, eagerly awaiting your comments. As you may guess by the tone, I am quite pleased with results thus far hoping more will grow in the next six months. Apart from my satisfaction with results, I am sorry Transmed withdrew from the list of recommended clinics on this forum and I hope the discussion re: my transplant had nothing to do with their decision to refrain from further dialogue. I only think of them best. Best of luck to you all, Lisco

I am very happy for you lisco!

However my story is a bit different. I had my surgery with Transmed a month after yours (before they were removed from the recommend list). It has now been 5 months and I have NO hair growth, maybe 1% grew but honestly even less than that. My surgery was carried out by a different doctor from Transmed, even though I originally booked a surgery with Dr Melike but on the day of the surgery was told that she by law is not allowed to perform FUE surgeries because she is not a plastic surgen. Anyhow, I know it's too early to make conclusions but I don't believe anymore my situation will change. Looks like your surgeon did a good job! I just wasn't lucky enough to be appointed to him.

Lisco I'm sorry if you thought my comments were crappy I'm just a very blunt straight up talker I wasn't trying to upset you but what I forementioned was honest and it's kind of been proven with the fact they didn't wanna talk on line about their work and are no longer part of this community I think that speaks for it self, I'm really happy that you're happy with your growth but its likely you've been lucky in my opinion. Sorry if I upset you.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Lisco,

I'm real pleased to hear that you are pleased with the progress of your hair transplant at 6 months, which I see in the photo album you created on your social profile. Everything is really looking good so far.

I still genuinely believe that Dr. Kulahci is doing first-rate ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation. However, her clinic concluded that they did not want to actively participate in our community and be obligated to respond online to issues such as these in the future, which ultimately, is a requirement for physicians we recommend.

We certainly wish all the best to Dr. Kulahci and her past, present and future patients.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi lisco, haven't been on the forum much lately but got a mail to say you'd updated. Your result looks great so far especially for only 6 months, I'm really pleased for u and u deserve it after the tirade u got when u first posted.

Bonkers... guess u won't be saying told me so after all! Lol

Hi lisco, haven't been on the forum much lately but got a mail to say you'd updated. Your result looks great so far especially for only 6 months, I'm really pleased for u and u deserve it after the tirade u got when u first posted.

Bonkers... guess u won't be saying told me so after all! Lol

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder if he's happy with his hair and pictures then that's all that matters I'm glad for him, there's no sense in my updated opinion.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hi The Otherside,

Sorry to hear that you are not achieving the results that you expected from your operation. I think you need to contact the clinic and discuss this issue with them.

Good luck.

Rod

Hi The Otherside,

I personally would send Transmed information and photographs and tell them about your concerns now and keep in regular contact with the clinic.

I'm sure I read that the clinics customer service officer is very good and I presume you have met this person.

Good luck

Regards

Rod

TheOtherSide,

In my experience, TransMed has a long history of listening to patient's concerns and going above and beyond to help their patients meet their goals and realistic expectations. That said however, patients really must wait full term (between 12 and 18 months) before evaluating its outcome and moving forward with more treatment one way or another.

There's nothing wrong with sharing your concerns with TransMed, in fact, I encourage you to do so. However, hopefully this community can help you survive the waiting game as you wait and see if you experience any additional growth, which is quite possible for many patients in the later months.

Best wishes in getting the head of hair you want and deserve,

Bill

Bill, I do agree with you. I am not expecting to see final results tomorrow. I will be waiting at least 12 months before I make any conclusion. I am not in panic, I may be upset a little bit but I am only human :) I will of course contact the clinic once again, however since I have already told them about my situation I thought that keeping silence and not replying to me with at least few words was not the right thing to do...