3400 Grafts by Dr. Madhu on 08/08/2011 - Need your feedback

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey simplycomplicated thank you very much for effort you took to answer my queries, i must say your very optimistic the way you went into your past and recollected all the memories and still cherish it and have no regret whatsoever it really shows your very positive person like me lol,.. but really hair loss in young age psychological effects the person life..

best of luck dear you can do no wrong

Thanks for the Wishes...:)

Hello Everyone...

I am exactly 2 months out of my Hair Transplant Surgery today..Seems like a big achievement to me...Although no growth has happened till now....but still...counting days everyday...so in this hard phase of just waiting & hoping for things....Completion of 2 months gives a sigh of relief to me, atleast to some extent...with a hope of better days to come...

Everything is going as expected as of now...as in....no growth happening...:(

Little bit of shock loss around Donar Area...

Top of the head looking worse than what it was before...may be because I trimmed my hair too short...or may be because `m clicking too many pictures and noticing things now, which I never did earlier...

But I have stopped wearing hat at public places now and no one has ever commented that how strange `m looking.....

Either all of them are so ignorant or `m just over cautious....

One thing which I was very much concerned about last week was when I was seeing around 15-30 strands of hair on my pillow every morning...I noticed this for 3-4 days...

I don't know if it was shock loss or hair falling because of me reducing the dosage of finasteride from daily to 3 days a week.

However, I was so damn scared that I started to take finasteride daily since then. Though its just been 3 days now....but I have noticed less no. of hairs on my pillow in these 2-3 mornings.

May be its just my misconception...But I have decided to use Finasteride daily now for quite some time and then if need arises, I will reduce the dosage.

Would be glad if any one could comment or give suggestion on this?

I do take pictures from my Cell Phone regularly and see a drastic change in the snaps taken with flash and without flash. However, I guess, with flash gives a more bald look and more realistic image.

I somehow don't get a good feeling on seeing the images of bald looking head and may be that is the reason I have not updated any snaps post the initial pictures. I feel that once some growth kicks in and pictures start looking bit bitter...I will post all of them. Anywayz, keeping emotions aside, I will create my Hairloss Website soon on this site and upload pictures over there.

Given that its two months now, how soon can I expect some hairs to start growing?

Also, around 20% of the Transplanted Hairs did not shed at all....what about them?Will they grow directly or will it fall eventually and new hairs will start growing after that?

And ya, I have bought Nizoral but have'nt started using it....Should I start using it now or wait for the growth and then start??

Any other tips or suggestions at this point of time would surely help...!!

Edited by simplycomplicated

Hi Simplycomplicated,

My HT also done by Dr MAdhu on September 26th....its 12th day from surgery...I am seeing some decrease in density compare to density after hair wash.

Is transplanted hair starts falling this mch early?...actually they said it will fall in 4 to 6 weeks.. what abt you?...when was actaully falling started?...can you please clarify?

my grafts count.

Grafts----2911

---------------------

Singles-- 580

Doubles--1611

Multiples--720

------------------------

total hairs--5962

Thanks

Hi Simplycomplicated,

My HT also done by Dr MAdhu on September 26th....its 12th day from surgery...I am seeing some decrease in density compare to density after hair wash.

Is transplanted hair starts falling this mch early?...actually they said it will fall in 4 to 6 weeks.. what abt you?...when was actaully falling started?...can you please clarify?

my grafts count.

Grafts----2911

---------------------

Singles-- 580

Doubles--1611

Multiples--720

------------------------

total hairs--5962

Thanks

Don't worry buddy..Everything is normal with you...

Take care..

Hi simply complicated,..

Thank you very much for taking time to give a clear picture of your updates. Happy to know that its been two months now and I don't believe you have to wait long, may be for a month more or so to see the first start of results. I was startled that you haven't mentioned anything about your donor scar. Hope it is not visible now. Anyways, I would advice you to please call up or forward your concern to Dr. Madhu personally, about shedding hairs in the morning which you have mentioned above. To my opinion, I believe it is only a phase of shockloss and nothing to do with Finasteride, so you shouldn't worry much about it. But it is always preferable to seek medical advice from the doctor, or it would have been nice if Dr. Madhu can answer you here. Anyways, seek your convenience to report this to him.

Take care and get well soon.

JkR

Hi Simplycomplicated,

Today my head dashed with end of the chair in office accidentally. Around 20 hairs stick to the chair. It was not bleeding but some red clot was thr......Its 15th day from surgery...will I get hair in that Area?...Can any body please suggest what to do?.....

Thanks

Amazing efforts by simplycomplicated...keep it up, pls post your pics regularly it will help all...

I am one candidate, consulted Dr. Madhu's clinic on mail they had said 2800 3 months back but now the head is looking more bald.

I am so worried about taking the plunge on transplant and secondly i m in mumbai so just cannot go to the clinic, and have been lazy planning the same...but it seems imminent now.

thanks again

tuja

One HT:

2900 Grafts with Dr. Radha

Hey SimplyComplicated

I was reading your post and thought I should quote something you said that struck me.. :)

".... But I would advice any one to learn from whatever mistakes I have done and people do in general and not fall prey to this bad industry and start taking wrong medications..."

It is truly an amazing experience you have shared and i am sure more than 90% of the sufferers would have definitely done all that you have mentioned. Now you say that everyone should learn from your mistakes and indeed everyone would take this comment as very welcoming one.. because it is always good to learn from someone elses experience.

in any case, the reason why i pointed this out is because, those mistakes were prior to the HT.. is there anything you wish you would have had done otherwise as per your HT that you might want to share with us.. .this is for all those who have decided to take the plunge but could unquestionably benefit from your personal experience of the HT .. :)

once again thanks for sharing your complete experience bro...

Edited by SPacificDude
incomplete sentence

Hi simply complicated,..

Thank you very much for taking time to give a clear picture of your updates. Happy to know that its been two months now and I don't believe you have to wait long, may be for a month more or so to see the first start of results. I was startled that you haven't mentioned anything about your donor scar. Hope it is not visible now. Anyways, I would advice you to please call up or forward your concern to Dr. Madhu personally, about shedding hairs in the morning which you have mentioned above. To my opinion, I believe it is only a phase of shockloss and nothing to do with Finasteride, so you shouldn't worry much about it. But it is always preferable to seek medical advice from the doctor, or it would have been nice if Dr. Madhu can answer you here. Anyways, seek your convenience to report this to him.

Take care and get well soon.

JkR

Hey JKR,

Yes, I forgot to mention about the Donar Scar...Probably because that is not bothering me much..Its fully covered with the hair at the back...there is no pain also...just a little bit of shockloss around it...which shud get well soon...

Regarding that hair loss, I spoke to the staff of Dr. Madhus about it...they said that its nothing to worry about...mite be shockloss or may be general fall of hair of 50-100 strands of hair, which occurs to every human being...they just asked me to continue with my medications...

Thanks for the Wishes...

Hi Simplycomplicated,

Today my head dashed with end of the chair in office accidentally. Around 20 hairs stick to the chair. It was not bleeding but some red clot was thr......Its 15th day from surgery...will I get hair in that Area?...Can any body please suggest what to do?.....

Thanks

Hey Buddy,

I guess at 15th day from surgery...you shud be fine...

As in, as per what I have read and understood....at 15th day....if there was no bleeding, than that hair will grow back any way...so dont worry much..

But still, if you have a concern, do talk to the Doctor as I am talking only from the research what I have done...

Hope that helps..

Amazing efforts by simplycomplicated...keep it up, pls post your pics regularly it will help all...

I am one candidate, consulted Dr. Madhu's clinic on mail they had said 2800 3 months back but now the head is looking more bald.

I am so worried about taking the plunge on transplant and secondly i m in mumbai so just cannot go to the clinic, and have been lazy planning the same...but it seems imminent now.

thanks again

Thanks for the appreciation bro...Will surely post the pics, once it has some value in it....As of now, the Pics do not signify anything...Adversely, its probably looking worse to me than what I was before my HT....As earlier, due to the use of medications, I had lot of weak hair in the front half of my head...which used to give a not bald look to a certain extent....

Now since while having a transplant, the front half was shaved, that part is also gone....Some of it mite grow back though...but will take time..

And regarding your transplant, Take your time buddy...Decide whats best for you...Listen to everyone but do what your heart says..and once you are very sure abt getting the HT done and about the doctor...only then you go for it...

and mumbai is not that far yaar....Just a 14 hour Journey from Volvo/Train or a 1 hour flight....

Do online consultation first and then when you feel like, come for a weekend and do a proper consultation...

Regards

Hey SimplyComplicated

I was reading your post and thought I should quote something you said that struck me.. :)

".... But I would advice any one to learn from whatever mistakes I have done and people do in general and not fall prey to this bad industry and start taking wrong medications..."

It is truly an amazing experience you have shared and i am sure more than 90% of the sufferers would have definitely done all that you have mentioned. Now you say that everyone should learn from your mistakes and indeed everyone would take this comment as very welcoming one.. because it is always good to learn from someone elses experience.

in any case, the reason why i pointed this out is because, those mistakes were prior to the HT.. is there anything you wish you would have had done otherwise as per your HT that you might want to share with us.. .this is for all those who have decided to take the plunge but could unquestionably benefit from your personal experience of the HT .. :)

once again thanks for sharing your complete experience bro...

Hey Dude..

Ya, I am sure that many people do fall in the trap of improper/fake medications or Doctors...I could see that whenever I went to any Doctor during those days...I could see a good number of patients coming to those doctors....so it was not only me...

However, Coming to your point...regarding HT at this stage....I probably just think of one negative to it as of now...that why did I not do it little earlier...say just few months before....but in any case, everything has its own time and I guess, its okay and I would be happy even if this thing works now...

Today, I have completed 10 weeks since my H.T. and to be very frank, I feel pretty restless right now....Just want these hairs to grow soon....I very well know that it takes a long long time (12 months -18 months) for complete result..but you know, even after choosing the best doctor within available options, taking all medications regularly, there is a little bit of risk involved...as in..I personally would be mad until few people start complimenting me about my Hair...Ultimately, I guess, Luck would also play a factor in it.

I know its pretty early to be bothered about but I cant help being restless....Just want another 3-4 months to just fly away...:(

Pretty strange that how do most of the patients of Dr. Rahal show such an awesome transformation as early as 4-5 months....I wonder whats the secret behind it..

Hey Dude..

Ya, I am sure that many people do fall in the trap of improper/fake medications or Doctors...I could see that whenever I went to any Doctor during those days...I could see a good number of patients coming to those doctors....so it was not only me...

However, Coming to your point...regarding HT at this stage....I probably just think of one negative to it as of now...that why did I not do it little earlier...say just few months before....but in any case, everything has its own time and I guess, its okay and I would be happy even if this thing works now...

Today, I have completed 10 weeks since my H.T. and to be very frank, I feel pretty restless right now....Just want these hairs to grow soon....I very well know that it takes a long long time (12 months -18 months) for complete result..but you know, even after choosing the best doctor within available options, taking all medications regularly, there is a little bit of risk involved...as in..I personally would be mad until few people start complimenting me about my Hair...Ultimately, I guess, Luck would also play a factor in it.

I know its pretty early to be bothered about but I cant help being restless....Just want another 3-4 months to just fly away...:(

Pretty strange that how do most of the patients of Dr. Rahal show such an awesome transformation as early as 4-5 months....I wonder whats the secret behind it..

Don't worry man.. Looking at everyone's varying experiences and results.. its only a matter of time before those little critters start popping out .. its understandable that you are restless but dont worry .. "all iz well" :)

would be pleased if you could answer the following:

.. were you advised as to when you could go ahead and start trimming your hair after the HT? Do we have to wait for all the implanted grafts to fall out? or is it okay after a certain number of days?

.. is it okay if we can use concealers such as Dermmatch and/or Toppik/Nanogen? The derm Match is a applicator which goes on the scalp so one may suggest not to dive into this following a HT.. but what would one reckon for the dust applicators??

Thanks once again..

Don't worry man.. Looking at everyone's varying experiences and results.. its only a matter of time before those little critters start popping out .. its understandable that you are restless but dont worry .. "all iz well" :)

would be pleased if you could answer the following:

.. were you advised as to when you could go ahead and start trimming your hair after the HT? Do we have to wait for all the implanted grafts to fall out? or is it okay after a certain number of days?

.. is it okay if we can use concealers such as Dermmatch and/or Toppik/Nanogen? The derm Match is a applicator which goes on the scalp so one may suggest not to dive into this following a HT.. but what would one reckon for the dust applicators??

Thanks once again..

I was advised to trim my hair around 3-4 days after staples removal, which was on the 7th day of the H.T., so basically I trimmed my Hair on the 12th day of my H.T.

I have no clue about your second question as I have never used any concealers nor had heard of it anywhere outside this forum....

Hi All,

I would like to thank this forum which helped immensely in gaining confidence w.r.t HT and esp to simplycomplicated for his detailed account on how things happen which cleared most of my doubts.

I underwent HT surgery with Dr.Madhu on 10th OCT. Total number of grafts implanted is 3092. I will create a separate thread with more details.

I need an urgent help in what seems like i am getting into problem. Its the13th day after hair transplant and scabs are yet to fall. but from past 3 days im seeing hair fall from the recipient area. Today morning when i was applying oil, i saw 5/6 transplanted hairs on my hand with scabs attached to it. Yesterday while shampooing also i saw few transplanted hairs stick to my hand. On removing the scab from hair, i saw hair edge was bent like L- shape or V-shape. Is not these are transplanted hairs which might not have heldup by scalp? and transplanted hair should fall form 4-6 weeks i suppose in my case its too early. so simplycompicated/others, can you please tell me whether you also saw similar behavior? when did u notice your first fall of transplanted hair?how did fallen hairs look like? my face and eyes were swollen on 5th and 6th day. doctor said its normal. I am actually worried. Any suggetion in this regard will be highly helpfull.

Thanks

Hi,

It iis my understanding that the grafts are secure at about 10 days out from a HT procedure. If you are following the doctors advice you should be rubbing the donor area very lightly.

When a scab is rubbed off generally the hair will be removed as well but the graft itself is left under the skin to grow in 2 - 3 months time. All this information should have been provided to you post op and is also available by researching on this forum.

Good luck and don't do anything silly.

Regards

Rod

Hi,

It iis my understanding that the grafts are secure at about 10 days out from a HT procedure. If you are following the doctors advice you should be rubbing the donor area very lightly.

When a scab is rubbed off generally the hair will be removed as well but the graft itself is left under the skin to grow in 2 - 3 months time. All this information should have been provided to you post op and is also available by researching on this forum.

Good luck and don't do anything silly.

Regards

Rod

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes they provided these information after post op, but i was bit worried and there is a reason. Today morning fallen hair i think also had graft. I am not sure, but on comparing with images from google. Initially i thought it as scab and tried to remove but i could not. And also they bit longer and have more width that the scabs i observed. Please correct me if i am wrong.This i got from right side of the head from planted area, which i feel there may be little thinning on planted area. I have attached the pictures of the same.

Can you please provide your feedback on the same.

Thanks

5b32cfff3ad6b_2011-10-2408_52_03.jpg.bcff0def1696b9f316784e0ec4dba12e.jpg

5b32cfff4cb02_2011-10-2408_41_28.jpg.49ecaf05cb3eb42ee7f8ae1d66c8d75c.jpg

Hi,

I'm no expert on this and the only experience I've had is that I have had a hair transplant. However, I do think that the graft is secure and what you are seeing is the hair follicle and not the root but that is my opinion only and if you are that worried you should contact the clinic.

I think that you are being too anxious about this imo. Many people who undergo a hair transplant go thru a stage of having anxiety about the procedure and whether it will work. I know that I did.

Good luck and try to stop worrying.

Regards

Rod

I've seen hairs that look exactly like that a week or so after my last ht. In my case it looked to me exactly the same as a graft looks in the tray waiting to be implanted. But my clinic and others were sure that it's not a graft but just a hair shaft with skin stuck to it. I saw a lot of early shedding and was assured that it's normal.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Hi All,

I would like to thank this forum which helped immensely in gaining confidence w.r.t HT and esp to simplycomplicated for his detailed account on how things happen which cleared most of my doubts.

I underwent HT surgery with Dr.Madhu on 10th OCT. Total number of grafts implanted is 3092. I will create a separate thread with more details.

I need an urgent help in what seems like i am getting into problem. Its the13th day after hair transplant and scabs are yet to fall. but from past 3 days im seeing hair fall from the recipient area. Today morning when i was applying oil, i saw 5/6 transplanted hairs on my hand with scabs attached to it. Yesterday while shampooing also i saw few transplanted hairs stick to my hand. On removing the scab from hair, i saw hair edge was bent like L- shape or V-shape. Is not these are transplanted hairs which might not have heldup by scalp? and transplanted hair should fall form 4-6 weeks i suppose in my case its too early. so simplycompicated/others, can you please tell me whether you also saw similar behavior? when did u notice your first fall of transplanted hair?how did fallen hairs look like? my face and eyes were swollen on 5th and 6th day. doctor said its normal. I am actually worried. Any suggetion in this regard will be highly helpfull.

Thanks

redbornmonk,

i have undergone HT with Dr.YV.Rao on Oct 11th. I have also started to shed hairs.

In my case luckily I did not get any forehead/eyes swelling. I have noticed another patient whose face was swollen, they told me it depends on person to person and not everyone may get swelling. but even if you do , its expected and with in 3 days it should have gone down.

In past 3 days i have noticed near my scalp area near the transplanted hairs, things have turned dark brown to black, looks like dried/dead skin cells. I am taking very good care of my hair by taking head bath on alternate days with betadine shampoo and not applying pressure with fingers, instead I am using palms. In the past 2 days I have noticed that when I applied oil/shampoo, i am seeing these small brown/black cells are peeling off and also i am seeing hairs attached to some of them.

keep in touch, lets share our progress.

regards,

htrocks

Regards,

htrocks

My Hair GROWTH Website :):):)

Hi All,

Thanks

No issues bro...I am glad that my experience helped people...anywayz....I dont think you have to worry much as everything sounds pretty normal with you...so just chill...You have done your part....no let the after effects begin...:)

Hello All,

I don't know how many of you have heard about this festival "Diwali" as its an Indian festival...

However, as its Diwali today and as its the most celebrated and important festival for me and my family, I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy and prosperous Diwali....

May this Diwali brings happiness in everyone's life and may our wishes come true soon...specially regarding the Hair...:)

Regards..