3400 Grafts by Dr. Madhu on 08/08/2011 - Need your feedback

simplycomplicated,

I think the work looks very good. It is very clean and refined and I also like the strategy Dr. Madhu had with your transplantation. Now this doesn't guarantee a great result but it certainly looks promising. So if I were you I would be very optimistic.

3,400 grafts should have a major impact on your look. For 26, you seemed to have a pretty advanced pattern so staying on Fin is pretty important. You might have to go in for more work later on but I still think this procedure will be a fantastic start for you. Heal well and grow well!

And keep us posted on monthly basis! ;)

Hello Aaron,

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I `m also quite optimistic and waiting for the next 6 months to fly away and see my transplant results.

Will keep posting on regular basis...:)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good - be patient and grow well!!:cool:

Thanks for the comment Spex.

Yep, seems like `m a little bit over anxious as this was my first surgery of any kind and a lot of thought and research had gone into it.

Got to be patient from now onwards....Thank ya...!!

Regards..

Hi Simply complicated,..

Happy to know that Dr. Madhu have prescribed you very mild medicines post your HT. Dear Friend, i would like to know if you are experiencing any existing hair loss (shock loss) from donor or recipient area ? Because it is believed that one tend to loose hair after HT which are in the resting stage, and regrow again in a month or two. Please reply, if you have any experience because i guess its been two weeks now that you had your HT.

Thanks

Jim

Hi Simply complicated,..

Happy to know that Dr. Madhu have prescribed you very mild medicines post your HT. Dear Friend, i would like to know if you are experiencing any existing hair loss (shock loss) from donor or recipient area ? Because it is believed that one tend to loose hair after HT which are in the resting stage, and regrow again in a month or two. Please reply, if you have any experience because i guess its been two weeks now that you had your HT.

Thanks

Jim

Yes, its been exactly 2 weeks since my HT today and I have joined office today...

Coming to your question, yes there is minor shock loss at the right end of the donor strip.

Simply complicated,..

To be frank, having gone through many patient review and results and even through Dr. Madhu's website I am very convinced to go for my HT with him. But I am very much worried about shock loss.. Do you have any medications given to counter shock loss,.. ? What did Doctor say about THIS ?

Any suggestions from your end,..? Thanks.

Simply complicated,..

To be frank, having gone through many patient review and results and even through Dr. Madhu's website I am very convinced to go for my HT with him. But I am very much worried about shock loss.. Do you have any medications given to counter shock loss,.. ? What did Doctor say about THIS ?

Any suggestions from your end,..? Thanks.

JKR,

I believe you can easily go with Dr. Madhu....You have already read my story...and If you wanna see my results also...you can wait for some time.....anywayz...I m on my 20th Day of HT and its pretty fine till now...

Regarding scock loss...I dont have any medications to counter shock loss and neither did I go to consult Dr. Madhu regarding it...since its very minute and as I understand, thats pretty normal and it will grow back...Will show to Dr. Madhu when I go for my Monthly Check Up some time next month....but to be frank...the shock loss is not that much or that scary that I should be bothered about as of now...It mite increase later on though...

Simply complicated,

Thank you very much for your good and supportive words that you suggest Dr. Madhu. All your reply's have given a clear idea about your procedure. Thanks. I'd surely wish to see your update pics in due course time. I hope your cuts and scabs are healing pretty well on recipient zone and donor area. Get well soon, wishing and praying you a happy hairy man. Do keep in touch.

Thanks

JkR

Simply complicated,

Thank you very much for your good and supportive words that you suggest Dr. Madhu. All your reply's have given a clear idea about your procedure. Thanks. I'd surely wish to see your update pics in due course time. I hope your cuts and scabs are healing pretty well on recipient zone and donor area. Get well soon, wishing and praying you a happy hairy man. Do keep in touch.

Thanks

JkR

You are Welcome Dude...Scabs are all gone now from the recipient zone...It went completely exactly on the 14th or 15th day. I have absolutely no idea abut how my donor area looks like....Its well covered even after I got the trimming done...There is some redness I believe....nothing much I can say about donor area as of now..but I am sure, its healing slowly & slowly..

However, only few of the transplanted hairs have shed till now and most of it still remains on my head and I guess they are growing also...As I have read here for lot of patients...those hairs should start falling soon...Lets see...

Thanks for the Wishes.... I really hope it grows well and looks good...Lot of research...courage...pain...hopes...expectations have gone in to it....`m least bothered about the money spent if it turns out good at the end of the day.

Hey thanks for your post. It is really informative. I was surprised to see that you are only 26 yrs and still got the procedure done. I am 27 and i consulted a doctor and he said, this is too early for me to get HT done right now and he recommended me to use minoxidil and propecia. I am using minoxidil but not propecia and still counting on time to see some results.

However, I wpuld relly apprecaite if you could tell me how much did it cost you at Dr Madhu's to get the HT done and do you take any medicines now and did he recommend any meds for lifelong. By the way, I am indian too but I work in US and am really in need of help on HT. Life has completely changed since the time I have lost my hair.

Looking forward to your reply

Cheers:)

Hi lifeneverhadaprobelm,

Dr madhus procedure is worth going for in terms of cost compared with many surgeons in US and UK. You also get satisfactory services and of course appreciative results too. Please visit Dr.Madhu:::Hair Transplant Surgeon, India- Hyderabad::: for best Quality & Results::: to educate about advise for Hairloss

I would like to know why you have not decided to take propecia, and only Minoxidil though your doctor suggested you to ?

Thanks

JkR

Hey JKR

Thanks for the reply.

I did not take propecia because of what people have said about its side effects ( permanenet sexual dysfunction) .

I am not sure if its true or not, but this is the reason why I did nt take it. Also, you did not mention if you are under medication and how long you have to keep taking them. ALso what is the cost involved in getting HT from Dr Madhu. I have heard alot about him and his clinics and next time I am visiting India, I will make an appointment with him.

Thanks alot again dude for your reply. It helps alot

Cheers

hi lifeneverhadaprobelm

You are correct. If you visit a good dermatologist, they never encourage an a mid 20 person to take Propecia mainly because of the bad effects on sexual health, but it is varies from individual to individual on their decision. But according to me I think you have made a right move, of not taking it. It is fine with a mid age person.

I am not under any medication. As per information from my friend in Hydrabad, Dr. Madhu charges Rs 50 per graft. I think it is also quiet reasonable if you can get the best of services, compared with cost to other HT surgeons world wide. You have many patient results from Dr. Madhu. It is wise to contact the clinic and request for patient results experience. Personal consultation with the doctor is always better, as said in his website.

Hope this helps friend

JkR

Hi simply complicated,

Gone through your entire experience of hair transplant, I hope it results in a good hair within few months. I am a new-be looking for hair transplant options, currently I reside in US. Thought of getting my H.T. done with Dr.Madhu when I was in Hyderabad for my vacation last summer , but I didn’t due to the waiting time they gave for the surgery. I want your feedback on dr. Madhu and how much they charged for u for the entire procedure ? Can you email me these details with your contact details to my mail sathishbon@gmail.com if you don’t mind .

Thanks

Sam.

Hey thanks for your post. It is really informative. I was surprised to see that you are only 26 yrs and still got the procedure done. I am 27 and i consulted a doctor and he said, this is too early for me to get HT done right now and he recommended me to use minoxidil and propecia. I am using minoxidil but not propecia and still counting on time to see some results.

However, I wpuld relly apprecaite if you could tell me how much did it cost you at Dr Madhu's to get the HT done and do you take any medicines now and did he recommend any meds for lifelong. By the way, I am indian too but I work in US and am really in need of help on HT. Life has completely changed since the time I have lost my hair.

Looking forward to your reply

Cheers:)

Hello,

Sorry for replying so late....Was just busy with few things in life..

Coming to your query regarding Age...It depends on Patient to Patient and Doctor to Doctor.

Do check out this thread for more information on this:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/152790-question-answer-am-i-too-young-hair-transplant.html

As far as I understand, It depends on your hair falling pattern....Good Doctors don't advice young patient for transplant just because they are not sure about where did the hair fall pattern for the patient lead to in future.

In my case, I started loosing hair around 6 years ago and the pattern was good enough for Doctor to immediately suggest me for a transplant. And considering the age, Dr. has transplanted a conservative hairline as I might require more work later on.

In any case, as a thumb rule, less than 25 Years could be too early...but beyond that, considering the Hair loss stage, one could always consider a good doctor for a transplant.

Hi simply complicated,

Gone through your entire experience of hair transplant, I hope it results in a good hair within few months. I am a new-be looking for hair transplant options, currently I reside in US. Thought of getting my H.T. done with Dr.Madhu when I was in Hyderabad for my vacation last summer , but I didn’t due to the waiting time they gave for the surgery. I want your feedback on dr. Madhu and how much they charged for u for the entire procedure ? Can you email me these details with your contact details to my mail sathishbon@gmail.com if you don’t mind .

Thanks

Sam.

Hello Sam,

Thanks for the Wishes. I also really hope that it gives me a new look. I have actually forgotten about when did I last had a proper looking hair.

I have already given my feedback on Dr. Madhu...Rest of the feedback can only be given once the hair grows up...Its exactly one month now since my transplant and the result seems a long wait as of now.

About the charges, they have details on there website and its quite transparent with no hidden charges as such.

About me, for 3400 grafts and according to Rs. 50/graft, I paid Rs. 1.7 lakh in all (3400*50).

Hope that helps.

Just an update..Its almost 5 weeks since my surgery..will be 5 weeks tomorrow to be precise...

I could say that around 60% of the transplanted hairs has fallen and 40% remains still..I have trimmed the hair extremely short at sides and back to give a similar look though out my head...

Donor area, I believe is healing on its own....no pain is there...but once in a while I just get some sensation over there...not much to bother about...

To be frank, I took extreme care of my head till and my health till now and I hope it pays...

I went to the gym today for the first time after my HT and did light cardio for 40 mins...(Walk on treadmill: 15 mins, Cross trainer: 10 mins, Cycling: 15 mins) and did a bit of stretches on machine.

As per my HT surgeon's team, I can start exercising after 15 days of my HT surgery, but I was just over cautious and started it just today and `m still concerned about it...

I have decided to not to do Weight training for another 2 weeks and just continue with light cardio...

Though I did not feel any pain on my donar area today, I just felt a bit a sensation now and then...may be it was just in my head as I was concentrating only on the donar area through out...

I would be glad if any of you could suggest me whether I am right to start light cardio after 5 weeks of my HT or should I give more time?

I don't want to risk a wider donar scar by putting much stress on it by doing much exercise...At the same time, I have to concentrate on my fitness, but that can wait if required...

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

Edited by simplycomplicated

I did a fair amount of research about when to exercise after my first ht. Most of the advice I got was to wait somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks before doing anything heavy. In the case of a strip procedure the wait is much longer before doing anything that would push or pull on the scar (bench press for example). I don't think there would be any problem with light cardio at 5 weeks.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Dear simplycomplicated

As far as i knw about cardio exercises, it shouldn't affect your scalp as it does not cause any external strain especially to the donor sites or even to the recipient.

JkR

Hi simply complicated

Ref to your above post, its almost a month now after your HT. Are the scabs and blood clots visible at the recipient zone ? Is the scar visible or covered with native hair,...? Thanks (Pl. post pics if you can)

JkR

I did a fair amount of research about when to exercise after my first ht. Most of the advice I got was to wait somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks before doing anything heavy. In the case of a strip procedure the wait is much longer before doing anything that would push or pull on the scar (bench press for example). I don't think there would be any problem with light cardio at 5 weeks.

Hey Levrais,

Thanks a lot for sharing your research. I will be doing light cardio and gradually increasing the intensity..but wont touch the weights till the 3 month mark...hope that is fine...

Hi simply complicated

Ref to your above post, its almost a month now after your HT. Are the scabs and blood clots visible at the recipient zone ? Is the scar visible or covered with native hair,...? Thanks (Pl. post pics if you can)

JkR

Yes...Its 5 weeks and 1 day....`m basically counting each day these days...:)

Scabs were all gone at the 15th day mark...blood clots were not visible after my first hair wash I guess...Scar is covered with native hair since the day of my surgery....even after trimming it...

Pics...Will post them at 2 month mark...not much to judge as of now...However, I click pics of my head from my phone almost daily..:P

Around 80-85% of the transplanted hairs has fallen....cant wait to see the new growth...even after so much research and knowing the in and out of hair transplant...I cant believe `m so impatient....

What about Puli ravindra reddy in Hyd...do anybody have any idea about him . i heard a lot about him next to madhu

Ya...I have an idea about him...in fact I visited him first for consultation and after that went to Dr. Madhu..

There is an other thread of mine which is titled "Query regarding Hair Transplantation in Hyderabad", where I first posted an enquired about him..

I have heard good things about him....had also met a patient who was 5 months post-op...

But some how, I did not get that confidence in him...Plus, he never discloses no. of grafts....he told me that I would require 4000 hairs and he will do it in one sitting...I was'nt sure whether he was talking about grafts or number of hairs...I mailed him regarding this but it was unanswered...

And also, since he does not give the number of grafts he does not charge that way...He gives a lump-sum aggregate amount, which would take care of your medications for one year and that's actually much cheaper...

But you are never sure...how many no. of grafts have been planted and `m also not sure whether he practices earlier method of pluggy grafts or ultra-refined ones..

In either case, I somehow was not confident about him and could not risk my transplant just because he was charging less..If unfortunately, the transplant would have gone wrong, it actually would have been much more costly in the long run with going for repairs....wasted donar supply...un-natural look...less density of transplanted area and what not...

Please not that I am not saying that Dr. Ravindra Reddy is good or bad...I am just saying that I was not confident after researching a lot...

Plus on the other hand, there was Dr. Madhu, who is recommended by this forum...plus he is more transparent as well...plus, you see a lot of patient feedback on this website and also his website...

What I would suggest you is...I have not found anything bad about Dr. Ravindra Reddy yet...apart from his not disclosing the no. of grafts...regardless of that, he must be a wonderful surgeon....So, please do a lot of research before going with any doctor for that matter...

Also, there is just one patient (Kaykay) of Dr. Reddy on this website who has also posted pictures on his thread...please do go through that..

Hope that helps...

Hey simplycomplicated i have read each and every post of your and you have been a great help for me as well as for many hairloss patient in this site, i must say your hairtransplant looks great very perfect hairlines and i think you have taken a right move to not to have transplant on crown area according to me front is very important, how you look from frontal sides matter. i have gained so much from you really, i really wish you have a nice fully satisfied hair result.:)

Plz help me out from my few doubts

1. As you have been loosing hair since the age of 20 right, from then are you into any medication or sumthing till now?

2. Is it necessary to be in finesteride or minox?

3. Did dr madhu suggested you to be in this drug before or even after surgery.

because m too loosing my hair from very young age of 20, and am not in any medication because of its side effect but i was in minoxidil for 1 year, but discontinued that too, i plan to have a hair transplant in future.

Hello Buddy...

Thanks a lot for giving feedback on my transplant and wishing for good results...I also appreciate the fact that you have gone through every post of mine and learned something from it..However, even I am quite new to this forum and got to learn a lot...

Though I would say that I have seen a lot and have learned from my experience...

Coming to your questions:

1. As you have been loosing hair since the age of 20 right, from then are you into any medication or sumthing till now?

- You know, Its been so long that I have actually forgotten about what all I have done...I did not even think about it in my recent past as it was not that good part of my life..Anywayz, now that you have come up with this question, I have scrutinized my past and checked my old photos and documents.

I hate to say this but I started losing my hair as early as when I was 18 years old…The treatments & medications I took in itself is a long story….

It stated with a local un-branded oil which was sold in an exhibition as a good product for stopping hairloss and promoting hair growth.. I was lucky enough to not to use it much because of the bad smell…

After that, went to couple of Homeopathic Doctors whom we knew and used their medications for couple of months and stopped it when I did not see anything happening…

Then went to fraud clinic which used to give frequent advertisements in news papers with before & after photos…his treatment was quite costly..Mentally painfull and useless….did that for 3-4 months…

I remember, he used to give some stupid oil made in his clinic, which I had to mix with Olive Oil and apply it in the night..re-apply in the morning without washing…then shampoo after 1.5-2 hrs…

It used to smell so bad that I could not afford to go outside without washing it..I had to go to classes at 6-6:30 A.M., and just because of this stupid oil, I used to wake up at 4 in the morning, re-apply oil and then sleep or wait for 1.5 hrs, then shampoo it and then go outside…

During that time…there was one famous Yoga Guru..he is still present though….even used an ayurvedic and herbal oil given by them…which was again worthless…

Then came the great Dr. Batras, it’s a chain of clinics in India engaged in fooling people and exploiting them…It was also a homeopathic thing with a kind of laser treatment, once a month..It was my last hope at that point of time..

Did that also for around 1.5 years without anything happening..

All this was around 2004-mid 2006 i.e. when I was 19-21.5 years old…

I was so naive and concerned about my hair at that time that I used to do everything I could to stop hair fall and see some hair growth…Whatever good suggestion I used to get…I was like…Lets do it…

I had done it all….from applying eggs on head…applying curd…applying branded ayurvedic cream…drinking amla juice…eating amla pills…to even applying a bottle of beer on my head..:)

However, by mid 2006, i.e. when I was 21.5 years old…some sense prevailed in me and I realized that everything is just BULLSHIT…I decided that I will never ever go to any doctor for any kind of hair treatment and won’t take any medicines for my hair…Will just not bother about my Hair no matter what happens…

I did listen to my heart and did not take any medications for around 4.5 years apart from Finasteride for couple of months, only to blindly stop it on hearing of side effects..

However, I did go to a good doctor in December, 2010, when someone known to me recommended him very positively…after a lot of thinking and analysis, started with the medications prescribed by him, which included Minoxidil 10%, Finasteride daily, and a multivitamin tablet including Biotin…Used it for around 7 months and so good results..:)

After that, as you know now, that I had my transplant last month…currently I `m using minoxidil 5%, finasteride (M-W-F) and a multi-vitamin tablet

Well, it amazes me to realize that I have done so much for my hair..:))…

No regrets on anything though…all this was a part and parcel of learning…but I wish, I would have come to this forum much earlier…anyway, whatever has happened has happened and the only way to go from here is forward…

All I hope is that this transplant, combined with the correct medications and care gives me a decent look..:))

2. Is it necessary to be in finesteride or minox?

- If you want to save your existing hair from falling, YES!!

However, if you experience some side effects..you can always reduce the dosage and get back to normal..But I would advice any one to learn from whatever mistakes I have done and people do in general and not fall prey to this bad industry and start taking wrong medications...

3. Did dr madhu suggested you to be in this drug before or even after surgery.

because m too loosing my hair from very young age of 20, and am not in any medication because of its side effect but i was in minoxidil for 1 year, but discontinued that too, i plan to have a hair transplant in future.

- When I met Dr. Madhu, I was already using this for 7 months...After the surgery....he has suggested to use this to save my existing hair...but has left the decision upto me...and I have decided to use it...:)

Hope that helps..:)

Edited by simplycomplicated